Do you like Harry Potter? Are u going to get 5th book this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yertle-the-turtle said:
I'm not a fan, but I read on a website who dies. I might actually go screaming down the street later yelling the name.

someone DIES? are you serious??

my boss is getting me this book as my farewell present. i wonder if i can ask her to give it to me early...

Got it last night at the release party....there was a huge line for Percy's autograph, so we didn't get it signed and therefore didn't get the cool bag. :slant: But I got a tarot card reading and we got the house banners, a cardboard phoenix, and the string banner thing. I am going to have the COOLEST ROOM EVER at Nottingham. :D

I'm on page 200 of the book and Sam is over halfway through now. He stayed up all of last night reading it (I fell asleep :reject: ) and I've read it during his breaks today. It has a different feel from the other HP books so far....

I HATE PROFESSOR UMBRIDGE!!!!
:madspit:
:mad:

Ant.
(By the way, this book is even better than the last one... so far...)

i just want to say this to all of you, because i can't say it to my patrons...

:yell:

NO!! THERE ARE NO :censored: HARRY POTTERS ON THE SHELF!! GO BUY ONE!!!

GGAHHHH!!

Amazon screwed up the whole Postal code thingie and now we won't have it until WEdnesday or Thursday. :crack: This isn't happening. Must...know....Harry.....spoliers...needed PLEASE!

I'm dead serious people. Someone tell me what's happening. I'd read ahead if I had the book anyway

the_sweetest_thing@mail.com

Speaking of who dies.....The page i randomly opened too, revealed something very surprising....does anynoe know what I'm talking about and if you do, can you please reply a yes or no answer????? I dont want to ask directly as there's no way I can subtly....dammit, I gotta read quicker.....

:huh:

Wow you're way ahead. I didn't take note of the page number so I feel like kicking myself now. I think he may have dreamt it or something anyway, it doesn't seem likely.

But I do know who dies!

i'm so intrigued by the idea that rowling kills off one of her characters.

we got our copy yesterday, but chelsea won't let me touch it. damn kids. i need to know who dies. she still has a few chapters left to go in the last book before she can start the new one. i can't even find it in her room.

:angry:

I just got my copy but haven't finished it yet.

I really like how the story is getting deeper and darker, we get to see a side of Harry we haven't before, and of Hermione and Ron too.

Finished it.

:|

It is a most tragic death, and I almost wanted to weep.

What did I think of the book? I thought it was better than all the Potter books, with the exception of Goblet of Fire. I'll give my reasons later when more ppl have finished it!

Ant.

I'm liking it so far, but some of the scenes do seem drawn out. I've read some reviews suggesting she'd be better off with an editor, and I'm not sure I disagree.

I'm also liking GoF better, at least so far. But we'll see when I'm done if I change my mind.

My brother got it yesterday, he finished it this evening and left it for me to read because he's a nice brother :hug:

I'm still on chapter 1 though :reject:

I think the books are great, although the hype does seem a little excessive... but if it gets kids to read then all the better, IMO

Well, it was a good book, but in terms of advancing the plot, it wasn't as good as the others. Not much really happens.

Ant.

Hahahahaaaa

NONE. Thats right, one big fat ZERO! So much for having friends 'in the know', next time I'll remind him that all of his info sucked, and really left me disappointed! I was waiting for 'that' revelation (the one I told you, Angie) at the end... but I was left with egg on my face instead.

Well, I learned my lesson. Dammit. Death to spoilers... especially fake ones...

Lies, all lies.

Ant.

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT (if you're the type to think things through logically and find out by deduction)

And also, to anyone else who knows who died - don't you think Rowling was a little cruel? I mean, she's leaving Harry with very few people to depend on! By the seventh book, at this rate, Harry's going to be on Jerry Springer complaining about how everybody died on him! Oh, and Rowling has confirmed that there will be more deaths in the next two books.

To quote; "Yes, there will be more deaths, I think. Yes, many more deaths... MWAHAHAAHAHAA!"

Actually, I don't think she gave an evil laughter at the end, but still, you get my meaning.

I didnt like the death; it saddened me greatly and felt like the character just... slipped away. No goodbye or anything, considering what a major character it was. Didn't anyone else think that the Order was a bit too...'passive' about the character's passing? I for one felt that the only person who really missed the character was Harry.

Also, I was greatly disappointed with Dumbledore's 'revelation' - as you know, he always reveals something at the end of the book, or some great twist happens. Well, he does reveal something, but hardly something oh so outstanding. Anyhow, I'm just moaning because it wasn't as good as the last one, which is odd, considering how all the books have been better than their predecessors.

Ant.

I still have to get my hands on a copy. Not gonna buy it because I'm off to Africa in about a month and don't need to be accumulating yet more things. But hopefully some of my Potter-nutty friends will allow me to borrow theirs when they finish them.

I'm done.

great book. New stuff in there that was good.

spoiler: yes ant. -- I didn't want said character to die either, but really, if you're going to kill something do it more dramatically. my reaction was "wow, ok. next!"

Back
Top Bottom