Disneyland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:
All right, I'm off. I've gotta wake up early tomorrow to finish off a document study, then hopefully begin my 1000 word essay.

Man, my life is busy, but I guess it's better than being bored.

You poor bastard. I'll take being bored.

Have a good one! :wave:

Have a good one, Maj - and good luck! :wave:

Axver said:

I never turned the dictionary on because I trust my own spelling better than some computer. Occasional typos are a small price to pay for not being told to use "-ize".

Yeah, the only times I regularly make spelling mistakes, the in-built dictionary doesn't even recognise the word I'm after. But I don't take the -ize thing quite so, patriotically? as you do. I defend the ou often, though. Though with the butchering of the English language today, I think a wrongly placed 'ize' is the least of our problems!

The Sad Punk said:
Yeah, the only times I regularly make spelling mistakes, the in-built dictionary doesn't even recognise the word I'm after. But I don't take the -ize thing quite so, patriotically? as you do. I defend the ou often, though. Though with the butchering of the English language today, I think a wrongly placed 'ize' is the least of our problems!

I believe the Oxford English Dictionary in about 1993 or so decided that -ize is as equally acceptable as -ise. I call heresy. Fortunately, New Zealand English has refused to adopt -ize as equal with -ise and my New Zealand edition of the Oxford English Dictionary warns against it as an Americanism!

I've always been passionate about the language. Well, since I was six. I did badly on a spelling test and was determined to never spell a word wrong again. I was horrified when I discovered American spelling. "AOLer speak" makes me nauseous.

OK, I need to be up in 7-7.5 hours, so I'm out. Have a good one and kill off this thread, folks. Please, go somewhere funny next time. Te Puke, New Zealand or whatever.

:wave:

Ah, it's good to hear of a youngster gaining an early scepticism of Americanism in Australia and NZ, pre Howard government no less.

I'm out too. Hopefully those over the Pacific can kick this thread along soonafter.

-vamos-

Afternoon.

I will be announcing baseball six to seven days a week from today until mid-June. Just so you guys know.

phillyfan26 said:
Afternoon.

I will be announcing baseball six to seven days a week from today until mid-June. Just so you guys know.

Well that's gotta be exciting for you. In the meantime, this is what a baby would look like with Daniel Day-Lewis' mustache from Gangs of New York:

babycharlotte4ix0.jpg

I hope Pedokiss doesn't get too excited.

Last edited:
I wonder how much of my entry Phanan is actually going to post up there. It just goes on and on and on and on and on....

LemonMacPhisto said:

Well that's gotta be exciting for you. In the meantime, this is what a baby would look like with Daniel Day-Lewis' mustache from Gangs of New York:

babycharlotte4ix0.jpg

I hope Pedokiss doesn't get too excited.

That child only killed one man worth remembering.

coolian2 said:
:down: Crap location

I think we might start doing Australian and New Zealand theme parks and stadiums and we'll see how you like it

We could totally do a tour of insignificant parks from my hometown. Weka Park, Matthews Park, MacLean Park, Queen Elizabeth Park, that park behind my childhood home that had no name ...

It'd be better than Dusniylund. :down:

So I'm going to just have to keep on picspamming? Phanan at least liked the photos.

So here's one of Kapiti Island from Raumati Beach with the Wharemauku Stream in the foreground.

s640x480

coolian2 said:
The Millhouse Reserve and Croquet Club Superthread

It's just down the road.

Yeah, let's go there next.

We can make van Houten jokes.

Alright, here's something from the South Island - the rusting hulk of the Janie Seddon off Motueka, looking across Tasman Bay towards the Nelson/Richmond area.

s640x480

For those of you wondering where the fuck all my photos bar the last one were taken, here's a handy location map!

s640x480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom