Discotheque Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vlad n U 2

Blue Crack Addict
Okay, lets gather to worship the track we all know as Discotheque, the birthplace of the boom chas, Edges funky guitar and the infamous video clip.

But seriously, this song is my most played on my iPod and every single time I listen to it it never drops in excitement, I mean as many times I listen to it I can never get tired of it, its like i'm addicted to the damn song. :love:

Personally, this song owns. :up:

Dish out your opinions if you wish.

Can someone dig me out the Best Of... version please. Ive never heard it.

Blasphemy, how could you ever pay out the Boom Cha's... its legendary. :angry:

mmm, boom chas. :drool:

A great song. A hard hitting rock song at that. Pity that the film clip put so many people off. I'd put it up there with songs like Rejoice and Bullet as being one of their heaviest studio songs. The "boom cha's" are just window dressing, don't let them put you off. It's a hard rocker of a song.

What I like is that it still sounds fresh today. Whereas the JT songs, despite their greatness, are very 80's. They take you back that many years. Discotheque seems to always sound 'current'.

I could swear that Discotheque was released this decade, its just so modern, people would find it hard to believe that it was made 10 years ago. :up:

Discotheque is an incredible song, an amazing statement. Flawless. It is addictive, I've had periods where I am obsessed with it.

It's in my top 10 U2 songs I reckon. Every now and then, I have these bizarre urges to hear Discotheque....I want it to be the song, the song that is in my head.......

Discotheque is an incredible song, an amazing statement. Flawless. It is addictive, I've had periods where I am obsessed with it.

It's in my top 10 U2 songs I reckon. Every now and then, I have these bizarre urges to hear Discotheque....I want it to be the song, the song that is in my head.......

Its my most played song on my ipod. :D

After every listen it remains as addictive and entertaining as the first. :up:

in my top 15 probably.

The live versions on PopMart and Vertigo are good, especially the latter.

I'll give it that.

Can someone dig me out the Best Of... version please. Ive never heard it.

Whaaaat????????????????????

You missed that???

I love it! Its 10000 times better than Pop's version. They have made that great riff sound much more rockin... and turned a pointless song in a simple, no frills rock pop gem! Oh that ending with the quick drums and the riff :drool:

Correction. Pop version > Best Of.

I'm pretty sure the song is about drug addiction.

"Just can't get enough of that lovey dovey stuff" :wink:

Good song- But it should be played live more! The version on the Vertigo tour was amazing! Edge should also break the mirror ball Les Paul out again. Though I remember seeing Dallas holding it in some interview and it looked like it broke a little bit... :sad:

Oh well. My favorite part is at 2:13. Gotta love Edge being.... well.... edgy!

Funny that this is the only song that I sometimes sing the lyrics wrong.

Listening to it now, it's very addictive, I can't really get tired of it. :up:

Back
Top Bottom