Disappointment Islands, French Polynesia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, whenever I do something different I'm never that happy with it. I just keep it more or less shoulder length, although I was considering growing it out quite a bit longer. I need a trim regularly, my hair is pretty heavy, and it's getting too long, particularly at the back. :mad:

Whatever you do, don't stop looking like James May.

Bonnie, when I go to a U2 show as Adam Clayton, I insist you come as James May. Who cares if it's not relevant.

I don't think I've ever been to a concert where smoking has been legal. If it's happened at any gigs I've seen this year, I haven't noticed either. Some people - including Matthias! - were sneaking a smoke or two at the U2 stadium gigs in 2006. But I've no idea how you'd hide that you're smoking at somewhere like the East Brunswick Club, where I doubt you can get more than 250-300 people through the doors.

Having so much hair is a pain in the arse. I'll probably only do it again when I go to a U2 gig as Adam.
:grumpy: that's it, i'm moving. i'm all for stuff being legal - hell, i think pot should be legal - so it sounds hypocritical of me to say i wish cigarettes were banned in public altogether. most smokers think i'm lying when i say i'm allergic :rolleyes: yeah some people use it as an excuse instead of saying they don't like it, but i really am. even my dad thinks i'm lying even though our family doctor diagnosed me with it. :| i really wish they wouldn't permit it at concerts. no alcohol, either. i'm so tired of having some drunk person spill beer all over me because getting drunk at a bar or at home is just too affordable, they have to buy concert tickets and hog a seat that could've been for someone who actually came to appreciate the music. i sound so stuffy when i say stuff like that but i don't get the point of seeing concerts while drunk or high. especially if you're going to be obnoxious about it.

:grumpy: well, okay.

Heh, whenever I do something different I'm never that happy with it. I just keep it more or less shoulder length, although I was considering growing it out quite a bit longer. I need a trim regularly, my hair is pretty heavy, and it's getting too long, particularly at the back. :mad:
i will admit, i never do different stuff with my hairstyle. it's the colour where i go wild. ever since i was like 15, i've had it various lengths with layers. one time since then i had bangs, but it was not by choice. :grumpy:

i'd love to do some funky style once where i cut it reeeeally short and spike it all weird. i don't know, i don't have a specific idea in mind. but my hair's getting pretty long, it'd be typical of me to then go super short after it reaches its ideal length.

:grumpy: that's it, i'm moving. i'm all for stuff being legal - hell, i think pot should be legal - so it sounds hypocritical of me to say i wish cigarettes were banned in public altogether. most smokers think i'm lying when i say i'm allergic :rolleyes: yeah some people use it as an excuse instead of saying they don't like it, but i really am. even my dad thinks i'm lying even though our family doctor diagnosed me with it. :| i really wish they wouldn't permit it at concerts. no alcohol, either. i'm so tired of having some drunk person spill beer all over me because getting drunk at a bar or at home is just too affordable, they have to buy concert tickets and hog a seat that could've been for someone who actually came to appreciate the music. i sound so stuffy when i say stuff like that but i don't get the point of seeing concerts while drunk or high. especially if you're going to be obnoxious about it.

Yeah, I'm with that entirely. God, I just don't get the point of getting rotten drunk at a concert. Way to ruin the experience. I'm too busy enjoying the music to think about getting drinks - and forcing your way through the crowd, losing your spot, paying ripoff prices, etc. are all a total pain.

I just hate when I see the Aussie U2 Show, the drunks want big dumb hits. So when there are only a few people there at the start, they play the rare songs that actual fans appreciate. Then once the place fills up, it's Pride and ISHFWILF and other dumb popular shit.

I completely understand. You spend a lot of money on tickets, it's dumb to ruin it by doing something you could be doing anywhere else, like smoking a pack of fags, heating up, shrooming or getting plastered. I don't get that. I don't get why people just do that afterwards. I guess I can understand having a spliff and a couple of drinks just to enhance the enjoyment of the concert a bit, but yeah. You're right.

Yeah, I'm with that entirely. God, I just don't get the point of getting rotten drunk at a concert. Way to ruin the experience. I'm too busy enjoying the music to think about getting drinks - and forcing your way through the crowd, losing your spot, paying ripoff prices, etc. are all a total pain.

I just hate when I see the Aussie U2 Show, the drunks want big dumb hits. So when there are only a few people there at the start, they play the rare songs that actual fans appreciate. Then once the place fills up, it's Pride and ISHFWILF and other dumb popular shit.
yeah. i look at concerts as once-in-a-lifetime experiences. no matter what, that band will never be in that city, at that venue, playing that setlist again. the night will never be replicated. why render yourself possibly unable to enjoy or even recall the events? i can see people listening to music while drunk or high, it can enhance the experience. and plus, you can listen to the album again and again.

I completely understand. You spend a lot of money on tickets, it's dumb to ruin it by doing something you could be doing anywhere else, like smoking a pack of fags, heating up, shrooming or getting plastered. I don't get that. I don't get why people just do that afterwards. I guess I can understand having a spliff and a couple of drinks just to enhance the enjoyment of the concert a bit, but yeah. You're right.
:D exactly. and i don't mind things in moderation. if you have a drink or two, who cares? but if you get falling down drunk, you obviously have too much money to spend since you could afford to pay for tickets, parking, and about ten or so overpriced beers. that money could be better spent giving it to me :D

btw i meant to tell you before i love your new sig! :swoon:

Ditto this for sports, especially big games. "Waaah, I missed the last 20 minutes because I was in the beer queue". Hey, fuckwit. You wouldn't have missed it if you weren't blind drunk and in the beer queue or off taking your 36th leak.

:D exactly. and i don't mind things in moderation. if you have a drink or two, who cares? but if you get falling down drunk, you obviously have too much money to spend since you could afford to pay for tickets, parking, and about ten or so overpriced beers. that money could be better spent giving it to me :D

btw i meant to tell you before i love your new sig! :swoon:

We're right! :hi5:

Thanks! It was just the scene from The Public Enemy without the tears of joy stuff, but Ashley and Ax got upset so I added a little something to it.

Ditto this for sports, especially big games. "Waaah, I missed the last 20 minutes because I was in the beer queue". Hey, fuckwit. You wouldn't have missed it if you weren't blind drunk and in the beer queue or off taking your 36th leak.
:up: i've never even had a drink at a concert or sports event. of course it doesn't help that all these places tend to serve is beer. but still. i laugh when people whine about the long lines for beer. no one's forcing you to have any. it's like shopping here the day after thanksgiving. don't whine about the crowds. if you don't like pandemonium then please stay home and fight off the tryptophan.

yeah. i look at concerts as once-in-a-lifetime experiences. no matter what, that band will never be in that city, at that venue, playing that setlist again. the night will never be replicated. why render yourself possibly unable to enjoy or even recall the events? i can see people listening to music while drunk or high, it can enhance the experience. and plus, you can listen to the album again and again.

Well, unless U2 hit your city twice on the same tour, in which case the second night may be indistinguishable from the first. Especially if they're doing a stadium gig. :wink:

But yeah, exactly. It just seems utterly pointless. If you want to get drunk, do it at a pub. If you really badly want some music, plenty of pubs have free tribute bands and shit. Like, heh, the Aussie U2 Show. I mean, I know what I'm getting myself in for when I go to a pub to listen to them. Doesn't mean I have to like all the damn drunks, but it just shows me why I don't go out to pubs in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom