Dildo, Newfoundland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:

:lol: Same here, except it's "Hey, why don't I write a theological paper on this?" or "Now, what else do I need to put on the external hard drive?" or "Hey look, kung fu fighting!"

:lol:

I have this nasty habit of sitting down to write one essay due in a few days and then beginning one due in a month ...

major_panic said:

Although, we'll probably all watch the video and go "what the hell was he singing about anyway?"

About how pro-Tibet protestors in Canberra should get their heads kicked in.

Axver said:

:lol: DO IT.

I love how we both made Tibet jokes at the same time.

Cause it's true, and it's what's hip and happening in China, really.

Wow, I just freed up about 30-40gb of space on my laptop hard drive, just on videos alone! Hurrah!

major_panic said:

Cause it's true, and it's what's hip and happening in China, really.

Wow, I just freed up about 30-40gb of space on my laptop hard drive, just on videos alone! Hurrah!

I must admit I was surprised to hear that there's apparently going to be a number of pro-Beijing activists in Canberra defending the Olympic torch from pro-Tibet activists.

I need to seriously clean up my hard drive. What's irritating is that my Windows has stopped recognising the external hard drive I own. The Mac has no problems, but the Windows doesn't seem to like it any more. :down:

Axver said:

I must admit I was surprised to hear that there's apparently going to be a number of pro-Beijing activists in Canberra defending the Olympic torch from pro-Tibet activists.

I need to seriously clean up my hard drive. What's irritating is that my Windows has stopped recognising the external hard drive I own. The Mac has no problems, but the Windows doesn't seem to like it any more. :down:

Yeah, apparently there are emails circulating amidst the Chinese international students to go there to do that. Which is interesting. I was very glad to hear that the Govt won't be putting up with China's security idiots though.

Windows sucks, I can't believe I'm still using it. It's funny how Macs are becoming more and more popular, almost exponentially - this time three or four years ago, a vast majority of the people who now use Macs that I know didn't.

major_panic said:

Yeah, apparently there are emails circulating amidst the Chinese international students to go there to do that. Which is interesting. I was very glad to hear that the Govt won't be putting up with China's security idiots though.

Windows sucks, I can't believe I'm still using it. It's funny how Macs are becoming more and more popular, almost exponentially - this time three or four years ago, a vast majority of the people who now use Macs that I know didn't.

Heh, the first I heard of the pro-Chinese activists, I thought of the materialistic, spoiled, living-in-a-bubble people we've ranted about on previous occasions.

I honestly don't have too much of a preference. Some stuff on the Mac is clearly superior, but some other stuff pisses me off. For example, I find it takes longer to swap between windows on a Mac.

And my precious cracked DeadAIM doesn't work on Mac.

Axver said:

Heh, the first I heard of the pro-Chinese activists, I thought of the materialistic, spoiled, living-in-a-bubble people we've ranted about on previous occasions.

I honestly don't have too much of a preference. Some stuff on the Mac is clearly superior, but some other stuff pisses me off. For example, I find it takes longer to swap between windows on a Mac.

And my precious cracked DeadAIM doesn't work on Mac.

That'd be about right, I'd say. The ones who don't bother to read beyond what's given to them, who've never actually thought about Tibet or know where it is.

Incidentally, a couple of girls were being racist at me on the bus this morning, although they didn't think I could hear them and I didn't do anything. It was funny cause they got off at a shopping centre as I was going to uni; my only thought was "Well, guess which one of us is gonna have a future?"

And I don't see why Mac is so hyped, although anything is better than Windows Vista.

Ugh, I hate when readers lack information on a source. One article for week 2, that by Laqueur, lacks a publication date. :down:

Hopefully the library catalogue can help.

Axver said:
Ugh, I hate when readers lack information on a source. One article for week 2, that by Laqueur, lacks a publication date. :down:

Hopefully the library catalogue can help.

There's a date for it on the article itself IIRC.

Anyway, I'm off, I'll see you tomorrow! :wave:

major_panic said:

That'd be about right, I'd say. The ones who don't bother to read beyond what's given to them, who've never actually thought about Tibet or know where it is.

Incidentally, a couple of girls were being racist at me on the bus this morning, although they didn't think I could hear them and I didn't do anything. It was funny cause they got off at a shopping centre as I was going to uni; my only thought was "Well, guess which one of us is gonna have a future?"

And I don't see why Mac is so hyped, although anything is better than Windows Vista.

I would have thought that somebody coming to a new country much more free than their own would be inquisitive and want to read up on things. But I suppose when you're daddy's spoiled little child, you really couldn't give a shit about much except which new iPod to get.

Wow, what a bunch of twats. I bet they were thinking "lulz he probly cant spk englush". Do you encounter shit like that often? I've had a few drunk people on trams comment on my albinism, but they haven't been too much of a bother.

Windows Vista was coded by Phail Collins. Any new computer I buy will be a Mac for the simple reason I won't use Vista.

major_panic said:

There's a date for it on the article itself IIRC.

Anyway, I'm off, I'll see you tomorrow! :wave:

Ah, of course. This reader's weird with how it includes the title pages, so I didn't even think to look there.

At the rate I'm going, I should make the lecture. I'll let you know if I won't be there.

:wave:

Axver said:

I would have thought that somebody coming to a new country much more free than their own would be inquisitive and want to read up on things. But I suppose when you're daddy's spoiled little child, you really couldn't give a shit about much except which new iPod to get.

Wow, what a bunch of twats. I bet they were thinking "lulz he probly cant spk englush". Do you encounter shit like that often? I've had a few drunk people on trams comment on my albinism, but they haven't been too much of a bother.

Windows Vista was coded by Phail Collins. Any new computer I buy will be a Mac for the simple reason I won't use Vista.

Generally, I think they just go "LOLZOMG FREEDOM!" then go and get drunk in nightclubs. That or study in their rooms and never actually interact with people. Quite sad, really.

On the racism thing, I quote, "hah, especially Asian guys with glasses, so they can read English better!" as they were leaving the bus. It was at that point I reached critical mass, but thankfully cooled down.

I don't get it that often, but that's because everyone who has encountered me knows that I generally have a command of the English language far superior to theirs, or that I can beat the crap out of them for any intentional racist remarks.

I haven't gotten much racism from strangers, either, but if I do I'll start reacting to it. This is Australia under Kevin Rudd, anyone who decides to be racist doesn't deserve to be part of the nation. Funnily, I'd still rather defend someone else than myself.

And oh gods, Vista irritates the life out of me. I'm using it now, and it's just sheer agony.

Anyway, I'm really off, so see ya!

major_panic said:
Generally, I think they just go "LOLZOMG FREEDOM!" then go and get drunk in nightclubs. That or study in their rooms and never actually interact with people. Quite sad, really.

Gotta love braindead people. Then they'll go to Canberra and wail at the pro-Tibet activists about how great it is in China. Well, yeah, when Daddy buys you everything, no shit. Go live in a rural Tibetan village for a day.

On the racism thing, I quote, "hah, especially Asian guys with glasses, so they can read English better!" as they were leaving the bus. It was at that point I reached critical mass, but thankfully cooled down.

I don't get it that often, but that's because everyone who has encountered me knows that I generally have a command of the English language far superior to theirs, or that I can beat the crap out of them for any intentional racist remarks.

I haven't gotten much racism from strangers, either, but if I do I'll start reacting to it. This is Australia under Kevin Rudd, anyone who decides to be racist doesn't deserve to be part of the nation. Funnily, I'd still rather defend someone else than myself.

Wow, what cunts. But I'm guessing they're bogans who're going to go nowhere in life and contribute nothing. I seem to live in this bubble where racism barely exists. Though occasional remarks by certain members of my family have somewhat taken me aback. One is wary of Indian doctors, though at least it's "the only bad experiences I've had with doctors have been with Indian ones" rather than "OMG TEH DARKIES R DUMM".

Certainly if I heard bullshit like that, I'd pipe up and give them a piece of my mind. This isn't the 19th century any more.

Anyhow, see you tomorrow. :wave:

gvox said:
Oh man Ax you beat me to it. I was making a guest appearance here just to let y'all know about it..

Have at it!!! ;)

Ian simply must post in that thread.

I think you need to make up some new voice names, like, oh, the gerbil voice or the cackling crow or some shit, maybe even shows, fake setlists, I mean, clearly he needs some new paths to run down, dontcha think?

eta: by jove, I've got it:

the babbling brook voice

the waves over shale voice

the....ah fuck it voice

:laugh:

Maybe we should get him onto the voices of U2 tribute band Bonos ... :wink:

Oh, go on, you know you want Peterrrr finding out when you hit the high C. :wink:

RegularBonoFan said:
*facepalm* SERIOUSLY?!

In the words of Harvery Birdman, Attorney At Law: "SIGH."

U2 fanatics say the darndest things. Or at least come up with the most ridiculous threads ever.

It's a walking, talking cliche. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom