Dildo, Newfoundland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:
Or lolcat speech, that's even better.

"Hai guise, I can has terror?"
:lmao:

There is a flaw in our txt spk solution... Word will still count each bit as a word. :madwife:

We need compound words! Write it in German :D

Axver said:
Hey Maj.! :wave:

This essay's restrictive length is doing my head in. :|

I expect to show at the lecture tomorrow, but if I don't, it's because I suddenly got stressed about the essay. I'll definitely be at the tute.

Erk. Just, well, write down about 1500 words, then cut it down with your copy of Achtung Baby, I guess.

Also that's a bummer, I wasn't going to go attend my 2.30 lecture so I had a nice blank between the terrorism lecture and tute.

major_panic said:

Or lolcat speech, that's even better.

"Hai guise, I can has terror?"

Or a demotivational poster:

TERRORISM
Things cause it.

major_panic said:

Erk. Just, well, write down about 1500 words, then cut it down with your copy of Achtung Baby, I guess.

Also that's a bummer, I wasn't going to go attend my 2.30 lecture so I had a nice blank between the terrorism lecture and tute.

:lol:

I haven't done readings for tomorrow. I'll just wing it, I suppose. Basically, I'm definitely coming into the city in the early afternoon to meet Ali for lunch at 2, then I've a lecture at 3:15 and then our tute. Whether I do our lecture depends on how much I write in the next 4.5 hours.

Alisaura said:

There is a flaw in our txt spk solution... Word will still count each bit as a word. :madwife:

Let's introduce the compound words. Revolutionise the language! Forget "Within both mainstream political commentary and academic analysis, the causes of terrorism have been hotly contested." Let's go with "Within both mainstrumpolitischkommentarisch and analysisakademisch, the terrorkausin have been hotkontesten."

Alisaura said:

Or just invent compound words: terrorismeffect is doublethink.

mysterious_jen said:
is anyone watching the show on after spick n speks , "the IT crowd"

PMSL

No, I haven't watched past Spucks Und Spicks since The Chaser's last season ended.

I miss The Chaser. :sad:

Axver said:

:lol:

I haven't done readings for tomorrow. I'll just wing it, I suppose. Basically, I'm definitely coming into the city in the early afternoon to meet Ali for lunch at 2, then I've a lecture at 3:15 and then our tute. Whether I do our lecture depends on how much I write in the next 4.5 hours.

Ahh. See, I have our lecture from 12 to 1.30, then a blank spot until 4.15 cause of my skipping of my lecture. I guess I'll do some work on my lab report, which incidentally is more homosexual than Mercury's showGAYship.

I mean honestly, cause I'm gonna be writing so many lab reports in the future, right? And cause clinical psychologists all write up detailed lab reports with references and detailed analysis of meaningless numbers ALL THE TIME, right?

Axver said:
Let's introduce the compound words. Revolutionise the language! Forget "Within both mainstream political commentary and academic analysis, the causes of terrorism have been hotly contested." Let's go with "Within both mainstrumpolitischkommentarisch and analysisakademisch, the terrorkausin have been hotkontesten."
:lol:!!

And it might not be lunch tomorrow, so much as "hi, here's a CD that you'll probably hate anyway, bye" ... I might have time to grab something quick, but I dunno what the traffic's like at that time of day. :huh:

Alisaura said:

:lol:!!

And it might not be lunch tomorrow, so much as "hi, here's a CD that you'll probably hate anyway, bye" ... I might have time to grab something quick, but I dunno what the traffic's like at that time of day. :huh:

You know, it's probably not so bad around that time of day. Certainly I can't imagine it being as bad as it'll be after about 4:30pm.

Though if there are schools on your route home, that could make things ... interesting depending on what time you pass near them.

major_panic said:

Ahh. See, I have our lecture from 12 to 1.30, then a blank spot until 4.15 cause of my skipping of my lecture. I guess I'll do some work on my lab report, which incidentally is more homosexual than Mercury's showGAYship.

I mean honestly, cause I'm gonna be writing so many lab reports in the future, right? And cause clinical psychologists all write up detailed lab reports with references and detailed analysis of meaningless numbers ALL THE TIME, right?

:lol: SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY RIVETING!

At least what I'm doing has some vague relationship to what I'll do as a career ...

Also, I had an awesome idea for my research essay. I'm surprised I even thought about it, but this dumb 1,000 word limit is driving me to distraction. ANY distraction.

Axver said:

:lol: SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY RIVETING!

At least what I'm doing has some vague relationship to what I'll do as a career ...

Also, I had an awesome idea for my research essay. I'm surprised I even thought about it, but this dumb 1,000 word limit is driving me to distraction. ANY distraction.

OMG IT BE TEH X-SITING! LIEK TEH EDGE IS ON FIRE!

Also I haven't decided on the research essay myself, but the PIRA is looking good.

major_panic said:

OMG IT BE TEH X-SITING! LIEK TEH EDGE IS ON FIRE!

Also I haven't decided on the research essay myself, but the PIRA is looking good.

BUT IS IT LIEK PUNK RAWK FROM VENIS????

I'm going to ask if I can do something on the Rainbow Warrior.

Axver said:

BUT IS IT LIEK PUNK RAWK FROM VENIS????

I'm going to ask if I can do something on the Rainbow Warrior.

IS LIEK TEH MOLTEN METAL! AND HANDPLAID ELEKTRO!

That's a brilliant idea, actually. I'd like to look into the Sicarii myself, but I doubt it'll be allowed... and sources might be a bit hard to find.

The JT Classic Albums thing needs to be about 1-2 hours longer and hit all of the b-sides.

major_panic said:

IS LIEK TEH MOLTEN METAL! AND HANDPLAID ELEKTRO!

That's a brilliant idea, actually. I'd like to look into the Sicarii myself, but I doubt it'll be allowed... and sources might be a bit hard to find.

BUT WHO MUCH IS RITTEN IN MOROCKO?

I imagine you could get approval if you pitch the topic in the right way. I can't decide I want to do a broad examination of terrorism activity and policy in the South Pacific, or something narrow focusing solely on the Rainbow Warrior and whether the attack constituted terrorism. Sources will probably be scarce for me too ...

Axver said:
The JT Classic Albums thing needs to be about 1-2 hours longer and hit all of the b-sides.

it's worth it to hear bono singing SHFWILF in a higher register :drool:

so open and pure :combust:

i have this on dvd! i dont know why i am watching it on tv, other than my u2 senses were tingling and i thought, oh change the channel, and there it was! wooot.

Oh bloody hell, I'm just not cut out to be a contemporary scientific researcher. I'm used to debating and examining "cutting-edge" theological ideas from the sixteenth to twentieth century, not last month's psychological discoveries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom