Devil's Dyke, Sussex superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

Their ( ) album is the only album I've heard but I liked it.

i'm dl'ing that now. he started me with takk and told me to listen to that next. but i liked them enough to grab all their stuff that's on the network

the tourist said:
Oh, Spiritual Hunger is a song?? :lol: I thought she meant, like, religion.
:lmao: yes, it's a song. i'd link you to the video but i don't want you to laugh
down.gif

KhanadaRhodes said:

their band name is kinda emo sounding.

They're really good, though. They got their name from some 50s movie. :shrug: Some of their stuff is noise-rock like Jesus and the Mary Chain, but their Howl album is reminiscent of Bob Dylan, only (and I might get crucified by some for saying this) better.

the tourist said:
They're really good, though. They got their name from some 50s movie. :shrug: Some of their stuff is noise-rock like Jesus and the Mary Chain, but their Howl album is reminiscent of Bob Dylan, only (and I might get crucified by some for saying this) better.
well, bob dylan sucks, so that's not too hard.

yes, i went there.

i like jesus and mary chain, and in general the lost in translation soundtrack.

what is this emo/jesus and mary chain/dylan band called?

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I thought Chris Martin invented Bono's voice?

You're sort of correct.

The Edge, came back from the future and created a "faulty bono" (Chris Martin)...so edge went back to the future (where its better btw)...and created Bono, and sent him back to destory the "faulty Bono" (Chris martin)

So, there you have it.

Varitek said:
i like jesus and mary chain, and in general the lost in translation soundtrack.

what is this emo/jesus and mary chain/dylan band called?

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. I'd recommend Baby 81 and Howl, though their first album, titled BRMC sounds the most like noise-rock.

Grrrr :mad: I accidentally hit shuffle all on my iPod right after I put it on the dock, and it started playing Gone Daddy Gone by Violent Femmes, which is a great song, but now it's going to be stuck in my head for ages :banghead:

Do I fight it and try to edge it out with a less earwormy song, or do I give in and listen to it, possibly making it worse?

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Grrrr :mad: I accidentally hit shuffle all on my iPod right after I put it on the dock, and it started playing Gone Daddy Gone by Violent Femmes, which is a great song, but now it's going to be stuck in my head for ages :banghead:

Do I fight it and try to edge it out with a less earwormy song, or do I give in and listen to it, possibly making it worse?
i hate when that happens. for me, i just listen to it, because then it usually means the song gets out of my head.

bono_man2002 said:
You're sort of correct.

The Edge, came back from the future and created a "faulty bono" (Chris Martin)...so edge went back to the future (where its better btw)...and created Bono, and sent him back to destory the "faulty Bono" (Chris martin)

So, there you have it.
Well Bono better hurry the fuck up and destroy this "faulty Bono" before he releases any more washed up music.

Okay, I'm listening to it now. I think I'll follow it with Beck, which might ensure that it gets knocked out of my head.

Random: The Violent Femmes appeared in an episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch. In the episode, Sabrina and her friends went to a record store signing to meet the band. Libby had a PLEBA-like obsession with Gordon Gano, so Sabrina did a spell where he'd like her back... and the band invited her to their hotel room, but then the spell wore off and all they wanted to do was watch cartoons and they totally ignored her.

It's like fanfic on TV!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom