Desventuradas Islands, Chile Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*decomposes*

You peaked too early. :tsk:

I've still got AtomicBono's list to listen to (after impy's)... not that I can clearly remember most of the other lists I have heard. :der:

Clearly. :sigh:

I'm still enthusiastic about my own list, but the whole tournament ... meh. I most enjoy listening to the lists with you guys, but that means I'm really only enthusiastic about Superthreader lists. Terribly unfair, but if anybody else joined the thread, I'd be just as keen on giving their list a shot!

And I've decided to rank the lists to try to help me some kind of order for voting. That's why I said I'd stop awarding a grade after yours. Though I will make an exception to that - I want the pleasure of giving Screw a low mark. I won't give him a low mark out of spite; I will give him what he deserves, and just looking at his list, I am fairly confident this will indeed deserve a low mark.

The only match I'm confident of winning is against Screw (which will probably have nothing to do with the quality of my list). Lucky for me I'm in his group... :lol:

The match between you and Reggo should be good.

Screw, on paper, deserves to lose. This is so far below his best, it's not funny. His first disc in DI IV was absolutely fantastic, especially the sequencing, which I gave an A+.

And I've decided to rank the lists to try to help me some kind of order for voting. That's why I said I'd stop awarding a grade after yours. Though I will make an exception to that - I want the pleasure of giving Screw a low mark. I won't give him a low mark out of spite; I will give him what he deserves, and just looking at his list, I am fairly confident this will indeed deserve a low mark.

It's when you start inventing letters lower than Z that people suspect spite... :wink:

And anything less than glowing unconditional praise will probably have Mr Tape accusing you of something or other. :shrug:

The match between you and Reggo should be good.

Screw, on paper, deserves to lose. This is so far below his best, it's not funny. His first disc in DI IV was absolutely fantastic, especially the sequencing, which I gave an A+.

Aha... he achieved success, and now he feels free to experiment and do a Screwtastic version of Passengers?

It's when you start inventing letters lower than Z that people suspect spite... :wink:

And anything less than glowing unconditional praise will probably have Mr Tape accusing you of something or other. :shrug:

Honestly, I just feel really bad if I give anybody anything below a B-. And I know some lists will get worse than that from me. So I figure ranking is a bit kinder.

I wonder if he's even still reading the diaries. :laugh:

Aha... he achieved success, and now he feels free to experiment and do a Screwtastic version of Passengers?

:lol:

Off memory, I don't think he's gone very far in any tournament. Like in DI IV, while his first disc was excellent, the second was ... off-putting.

Liam, I lack a sufficiently witty sarcastic comment to you. For that, I apologise.

My next DI is going to have hell of songs that everyone already knows. I mean, like they just pop out and surprise you. It's going to be freaky dope.

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah's "Satan Said Dance" ... proof that a bassline can make me dig an otherwise irritating song. It's not even a particularly remarkable bassline. In fact, it's Adamesque at his least imaginitive. Maybe that's why I like it... it sounds achievable. :lol:

Yes, Ax, I know this band made your list of "Bands With Stupid Names".

By the way... any idea on the genesis of the name "Porcupine Tree"??

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah's "Satan Said Dance" ... proof that a bassline can make me dig an otherwise irritating song. It's not even a particularly remarkable bassline. In fact, it's Adamesque at his least imaginitive. Maybe that's why I like it... it sounds achievable. :lol:

Stevo got naked one day and looked down.

Clap Your Hands Say "THIS BAND NAME SUCKS!" have the most godawful vocalist, don't they?

SW has never offered a definitive explanation of where the name PT came from. I know some have suggested it is a marijuana reference (not too much of a surprise when you consider the band's psychedelic early material), a literary reference that I forget, or an IT reference.

Oh, Ali! And everyone else. It's comic time.

Last night, Ali showed me this particular xkcd comic:

good_morning.png

Then just after she left, I found this one. IT IS SO TRUE. SO, SO TRUE.

impostor.png

Stevo got naked one day and looked down.
:lol:

Clap Your Hands Say "THIS BAND NAME SUCKS!" have the most godawful vocalist, don't they?

SW has never offered a definitive explanation of where the name PT came from. I know some have suggested it is a marijuana reference (not too much of a surprise when you consider the band's psychedelic early material), a literary reference that I forget, or an IT reference.
I've heard better. :|

IT, as in Information Technology? I can't for the life of me think what sort of connection that could have to porcupines. Trees, possibly, in a non-literal sort of way.

Oh, Ali! And everyone else. It's comic time.

Last night, Ali showed me this particular xkcd comic:

good_morning.png

Then just after she left, I found this one. IT IS SO TRUE. SO, SO TRUE.

impostor.png

They're not showing up for me...

*copies link in reply screen*

Nope, that didn't work either. Maybe the site's down?

IT, as in Information Technology? I can't for the life of me think what sort of connection that could have to porcupines. Trees, possibly, in a non-literal sort of way.

Yeah, in terms of trees as a diagram, apparently there is some tree that looks like the spines of a porcupine. Since it's something SW is likely to have encountered, some have speculated it comes from there.

It's worth noting that one of the original members of the fictitious band was known as The Porcupine Tree. Other fictitious members were Tarquin Underspoon and Timothy Tadpole-Jones and The Evaporating Flan, Tarquin giving his name to the earliest release, Tarquin's Seaweed Farm.

Yeah, in terms of trees as a diagram, apparently there is some tree that looks like the spines of a porcupine. Since it's something SW is likely to have encountered, some have speculated it comes from there.

It's worth noting that one of the original members of the fictitious band was known as The Porcupine Tree. Other fictitious members were Tarquin Underspoon and Timothy Tadpole-Jones and The Evaporating Flan, Tarquin giving his name to the earliest release, Tarquin's Seaweed Farm.

Aah.

Timothy Tadpole-Jones... :lol:

Oh yeah, she texted me too, while I was at uni. Wow, I can't believe it's back.

Though I'll pass on seeing it with Shine A Light ...

Yeah, same. I wonder if we'll have to put up with that bloody trailer AGAIN... I'd be much happier with a Dark Knight trailer, or almost anything else.

Almost anything. Not that one with the initials HM, aka MC, daughter of BC. :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom