Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:
Here are the groups! :)

Group 1
Gibsongirl
Lancemc
Phanan
Screwtape2
U2VertigoFly

Group 3
Axver
InMyPlace13
KhanadaRhodes
LJT
LemonMacPhisto

Those two are officially our "groups of death".

LemonMacPhisto said:

It's from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Kirk's old nemesis Khan has come back to kill Kirk and take the Genesis Device. After taking said device, Khan taunts Kirk through a communicator and Kirk loses it and goes:

"KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN"

then there's a shot the planet with the "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN" echoing.

It's classic Shatner.

Ah, thanks. :)

I've watched about 20 minutes of Star Trek in my life.

:sad: I'm in a loser group.

Oh well, by the time all of you are done tearing each other apart the competition will have thinned out considerably and then, when you least suspect it, I'll be there. :evil:

Axver said:

Ah, thanks. :)

I've watched about 20 minutes of Star Trek in my life.

I'm a pretty hardcore Trekkie, so I use that reference a lot. :wink:

I don't get the whole Mike thing either?

If more people are interested, will the groups be expanded?

corianderstem said:

Can I hear your playlist?

:shh:

Canadiens1160 said:
Nobody loves me :sad:

Dude, I love you so much I sent you a present. Does that mean NOTHING?

You Canadians are all the same! Heartbreakers!

: runs into bedroom, flounces self on bed in massive tears :

Anyone who DOESN'T vote for me will be forced to listen to my special playlist of nothing but Big, Dumb Pop Songs.

:evil:

Group 1 is definitely the toughest, but it's absolutely impossible to make any predictions until we see the playlists. :slant:

Canadiens, you know something? If you hadn't signed up for the Prog Island (which I suspected to be a bullshit post all along) and then not submitted anything, I would have been more inclined to take you seriously here.

And Gmail made things really easy, because it automatically redirected the e-mail you sent yesterday to my junk folder! Not taking the piss? Pull the other one.

Axver said:
Canadiens, you know something? If you hadn't signed up for the Prog Island (which I suspected to be a bullshit post all along) and then not submitted anything, I would have been more inclined to take you seriously here.

And Gmail made things really easy, because it automatically redirected the e-mail you sent yesterday to my junk folder! Not taking the piss? Pull the other one.
Too bad, everything was formatted correctly, song choices and all :shrug:

It's okay, I figured you might be holding a grudge over from me forgetting to submit for that game :rolleyes:

Screwtape2 said:

I couldn't possibly guess who comes out of them. I don't even know which group scares me more. :yikes:

Be thankful newcomers, be very thankful you're not in those groups. :wink:

I think that Group 1 is worst. I can't possibly begin to tell who will come first or last there.

In Group 3, I think if Khan or I advance, it will be due to an upset win or two. My tracklist is more obscure than last time, and knowing both my tastes and Khan's relative to typical voting patterns here, I think we're most likely to take the bottom two spots (though I expect things to still be close). LMP is sure to advance, and imp vs LJT will be the decisive round.

Then again, last time, I said there was no way I'd get past the quarter-final at best ...

Want to have an exhibition match, LMP? No rules, no BS, just you, me, two playlists, and one forum member left standing.

We could call it Desert Island Album Game III Pre-Tournament Lingerie Bowl I

Canadiens1160 said:
Too bad, everything was formatted correctly, song choices and all :shrug:

It's okay, I figured you might be holding a grudge over from me forgetting to submit for that game :rolleyes:

The title of your e-mail was 'Dessert Island, you hos' and you were 30 minutes away from the max on both discs. Then you had that picture of R2-D2 as a cover. Should we have thought you were being serious about this? :shrug:

Canadiens1160 said:
Want to have an exhibition match, LMP? No rules, no BS, just you, me, two playlists, and one forum member left standing.

I want to play winner if you do this. Seriously. :yes:

Canadiens1160 said:

I'd love to do that.

Want me to forward you my stuff? I can't create polls. :(

Last edited:
btw, in case anyone didn't write down their playlists from last time, here's a link to each of the master lists:

desert island one
desert island deux

Axver said:
In Group 3, I think if Khan or I advance, it will be due to an upset win or two. My tracklist is more obscure than last time, and knowing both my tastes and Khan's relative to typical voting patterns here, I think we're most likely to take the bottom two spots (though I expect things to still be close). LMP is sure to advance, and imp vs LJT will be the decisive round.
gee thanks! :( it's true though. i'm trying to make this playlist a little less...less like a countdown of "totally awesome 80s guilty pleasures songs" or something similar you'd see on vh1. but i don't wanna go too far the other way and have people not vote for me because i put on kelly clarkson :(

Last edited:
Okay that settles it. Me, LMP, and LemonMelon are going to do a round-robin, 2-game each min-tournament, with the top two finishers facing off in the first ever Desert Island Album Game III Pre-Tournament Lingerie Bowl I.

I'll get with you guys in PM to work out the deets. My internet is a bit spotty but we could probably get this going by Friday.

I like Kelly Clarkson. :up:

Canadiens1160 said:
Okay that settles it. Me, LMP, and LemonMelon are going to do a round-robin, 2-game each min-tournament, with the top two finishers facing off in the first ever Desert Island Album Game III Pre-Tournament Lingerie Bowl I.

I'll get with you guys in PM to work out the deets. My internet is a bit spotty but we could probably get this going by Friday.

Can't PM either, can we talk though email?

Canadiens1160 said:

Send me an email instead:

whp555444@yahoo.com

But this will kick copious amounts of ass anyway.

Pre-tournament? Sounds fun. Hell, if Canadiens wins, I'll give him automatic entry to Desert Island IV if he wants it.

KhanadaRhodes said:
gee thanks! :( it's true though. i'm trying to make this playlist a little less...less like a countdown of "totally awesome 80s guilty pleasures songs" or something similar you'd see on vh1. but i don't wanna go too far the other way and have people not vote for me because i put on kelly clarkson :(

Just as long as you include Split Enz and Joy Division, you'll have a good chance of getting my vote. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom