Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see your concern, but bould you at least give MDA a shot? He/she/it's (sorry, don't know your gender) innocent 'til proven guilty. :shrug:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I can see your concern, but bould you at least give MDA a shot? He/she/it's (sorry, don't know your gender) innocent 'til proven guilty. :shrug:

I don't want to deny someone who is actually serious about playing for the very high chance of MDA being not. Unless Axver changes his mind, MDA is out of luck. :shrug:

Regarding the take-up of places, I'm worried that the length of this thread might give some people the false idea that every place is already taken.

Mountain Dew Ma said:
there's no reason to exclude me just because you don't like me

:(

Given your actions on other threads, I still think you're someone's alter. There's no way I'm giving you a chance.

By the way, these are the contestants from the last game who haven't signed up. If there is anyone you feel should be in this game or would like to be in this game, I'd inform them of this thread. :)

XHendrix
Bono’s Shades
Fitz
Bono_man2002
Lara Mullen
Salome
Bono212
DazzinglyAmy
MacPhistoPT
Lemonchick
Khan
FlySoHigh
Adrball
Irishteen

Screwtape2 said:

I don't want to deny someone who is actually serious about playing for the very high chance of MDA being not. Unless Axver changes his mind, MDA is out of luck. :shrug:

Fair enough, but can you at least keep it under consideration?

LemonMacPhisto said:
Settle Down by Zwan's only 5:25 :drool:

I had a Smashing Pumpkins song on my list of possibilities, but I couldn't figure out where to put it. I think I might go with some Radiohead, since I know right where it could go.

I realize that Axver is running this game and he makes the decisions but my thoughts are... no matter how un-serious somebody appears to be, if they comply with the rules, they should be allowed. Just my 2 cents.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I had a Smashing Pumpkins song on my list of possibilities, but I couldn't figure out where to put it. I think I might go with some Radiohead, since I know right where it could go.

I think Radiohead's a lot easier to put into playlists like these, at least compared to the Pumpkins. There's a lot more variety in choosing tracks.

Screwtape2 said:

I'll take it under consideration. Honestly though, I need to see he is serious and Axver will need to see a lot more. :shrug:

That's cool. :up:

Zootlesque said:
I realize that Axver is running this game and he makes the decisions but my thoughts are... no matter how un-serious somebody appears to be, if they comply with the rules, they should be allowed. Just my 2 cents.

If someone is going to be serious are they going to follow the rules? Are they going to surprise us with no playlist at the deadline? Are they going to put the time and effort into it?

When someone isn't being serious, those are things that have to be taken into account. If Axver is right and this person is an alter, there is a risk of them hurting the game. You just don't know. :shrug:

oh, i guess i can't whip up a playlist in a few weeks to share the truth™ with you all.

where have i strayed off topic in the past?very rarely, and even when the illusion was given where i was off topic

if you read closely, you'll see that i stayed on topic

i can't be silly in silly threads? ™
so i can't make a playlist?

is this a joke?

and just because i went to a Catholic school
doesn't make me an alter boy™

making a playlist is such serious business!

I'd like to be a part of this, if there's still room. I don't post very much here, but I always follow these competitions with interest and although I suspect my playlist(s) will be quite mainstream, they should contain enough wrinkles to keep things interesting.

I'm here just as much to discover some great new music as anything else though.

Moutain Dew Ma, I think they're just afraid you're going to trademark everything in your tracklisting, and that's just too much.

edge_2125 said:
I'd like to be a part of this, if there's still room. I don't post very much here, but I always follow these competitions with interest and although I suspect my playlist(s) will be quite mainstream, they should contain enough wrinkles to keep things interesting.

I'm here just as much to discover some great new music as anything else though.

:up: I think everyone here is looking to discover great new music. You've got a spot.

1. Axver
2. phanan
3. Screwtape2
4. GibsonGirl (unlikely)
5. LemonMacPhisto
6. LemonMelon
7. Zootlesque
8. U2VertigoFly
9. Lancemc
10. angelordevil
11. AtomicBono
12. inmyplace13
13. corianderstem
14. BonoIsMyMuse
15. Lila64/hardyharhar
16. Bonos_Lemon
17. PlaTheGreat
18. LJT
19. Edge_2125
21. *spot in case someone drops out*

Well, okay. I did a brain dump of any songs I'd want on my mix, and put them in an iTunes playlist.

Now to pare it down from 5.1 hours to 2 hours and 40 minutes.

: rolls up sleeves and gets to work :

I'm thinking of making a playlist for Desert Island 4. They're just so much fun to make. :drool: Plus, there were a lot of absurdly wonderful bands that I missed this time. :(

Aargh, this is gonna be hard. Either I have to go with all upbeat songs, or all mellow songs, or do my original idea of a mixture of the two, but cut a LOT.

But I do love a challenge. :evil:

LemonMelon said:
I'm thinking of making a playlist for Desert Island 4. They're just so much fun to make. :drool: Plus, there were a lot of absurdly wonderful bands that I missed this time. :(

Me too. :up:

Listen to:

Muse's "Citizen Erased"
Nancy Sinatra's "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)"
The F'lips' "Bad Days"
Miles Davis' "My Ship"
and Bruuuuuuce's "Incident on 57th Street"

in a row. Now that's an experience.

By the time Desert Island 4 happens, I'll have 3 lists and will have to make a thread to ask everyone which one they like the most. :|

Heck, by the time Desert Island 3 starts I might have a second finished playlist. :happy:

I think my list is done, but I'm not going to submit it right away so I have some time to tweak it. If there's an award for most bizarre combinations, I'm pretty sure I'll win it, because I came up with a few really crazy arrangements.

I felt a lot more challenged when making this list than I was in the first game, I think because we could only choose one song per artist. That sent me digging up a lot of really good songs I'd forgotten about, especially in my jazz collection. I have no idea yet how it works thematically, but I feel like this list much better represents music that means a lot to me than my last one did.

Screwtape2 said:
Is the Desert Island Game just that grueling? :wink:

I don't think it is...but, then again, I'm a music nerd. :nerd: The eclectic quality of my playlist and my obsessive efforts to segue it together speak volumes towards that.

corianderstem said:
We have to do cover art, too? :yikes:

Only if you want to. It's an optional inclusion.

I'm already making my tracklist for Desert Island IV. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom