Desert Island Album Game: Grand Final!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tracklisting do you prefer?

• VertigoGal's tracklisting

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • LemonMacPhisto's tracklisting

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zootlesque said:
mmm male white rock n roll :drool:

long hair :drool:

jesus christ pose :drool:

chris0151qd.jpg

:combust:

my favorite.

:wink:

Ok guys let's all not fight now. :sad:

Can we stick to valid criticisms not bashing the actual people?

For instance, I accept the opinion that my list would have been more well-rounded had I included more artists of African origin. I have pondered this, and found some truth in it. In future desert-island-compilation-making, it will surely be a consideration.

But see, I already have nightmares about being attacked by cannibals and now I'll probably have a nervous breakdown. Too far man. Too far. :sad:

fly so high! said:

But what?

My opinion bothers so many here they can't come up with their own?

LMP is gonna win.

What do you think about the songs Interference has chosen to listen to for the rest of time?

It's Awesome!

It Sucks!

This is no different than a Q poll or Rolling Stone poll.

We discuss those results.

Why not here?

I'd change around some of the songs on my Disc 1 - Side B.

Add some more funk like James Brown or Parliment Funkadelic, a Fleetwood Mac song and someone like an Imogen Heap. Music is still colorblind and transgendered to me, kind of like Alexis Arquette.

That's just a 160 minute sample of 8 and a half days worth of music I have on my computer.

Last edited:
Oh and on the topic of voting, I voted for VertigoGal's tracklisting.

I mean how could I not go for a list that has Feel to Believe, Here Comes Your Man, and Buckets of Rain, just to name a few.

The choice was crystal clear.

:yes:

MrBrau1 said:

But what?

My opinion bothers so many here they can't come up with their own?

LMP is gonna win.

What do you think about the songs Interference has chosen to listen to for the rest of time?

It's Awesome!

It Sucks!

This is no different than a Q poll or Rolling Stone poll.

We discuss those results.

Why not here?

It was'nt your opinions that were bothering people MrBrau! Is was the fact you are making this into a circus by throwing in racism remarks the whole white/black thing, it's a load of Shit. Maybe some people's choices appear backward but that's how the cookie crumbles......there is a lesson here.....you have to vote to make a difference, whether it be in a game or Politics!

fly so high! said:

It was'nt your opinions that were bothering people MrBrau! Is was the fact you are making this into a circus by throwing in racism remarks the whole white/black thing, it's a load of Shit. Maybe some people's choices appear backward but that's how the cookie crumbles......there is a lesson here.....you have to vote to make a difference, whether it be in a game or Politics!

Who did I say was racist?

MrBrau1 said:

Wonderful.

You told me to shop whining. :wink:

Any other opinions? Or does that about cover it?

Yes.......you are coming off sounding like a whinger.........I mean SHIT! If you were a Socceroo i would be standing behind you supporting you.......but there is no foul play here....it's a game that requires voting (should be whole lot more of them if i must say, look at how many interferencers we have on this board,look at how many people that have veiwed/watched this thread, these votes should be in the hundreds at least!!!)

I've already posted my opinions why i voted,go back and read them all not just mine, there has been plenty of discussion intersting ones IMHO!

fly so high! said:

oh...you are making this hard! Now i've got to go looking....I'll get back to you....I know i saw it somewhere...hang-on......
*runs off looking*

Yeah, you go look.

That's a big meatball your making there.

MrBrau1 said:

Thanks for making my point.

According to the vote results, people on interference aren't moved by any music that isn't white male rock music.

I think that could be the case of people who do this game (which I never do), but not all intereference people. I occassionally drop in(but don't vote) and find at least half the tracks on each album are not to my liking. And my favorite female vocalist - Norah Jones - is never listed!

MrBrau1 said:
This is the best we can do?

70+ years of recorded music and this is the "creme of the crop" we'll listen to for the rest of our natural lives?

Do you people understand music didn't just "start" 10 years ago?

Sometimes black people make music?

Sometimes women make music?

All music isn't rock music?

I'm killing everyone on the island and eating them. A quick pass through my digestive system is better than a lifetime of these "mixes."

All the voters need to broaded their horizons. Alot. Their taste blows.

I actually love this post....it really is funny....i especially liked the "I'm killing everyone on the island and eating them"

But the post sounded like you were suggesting that people did not vote for compilations that had black people and women in it....i think that's stupid!!!

Your post did not personally offend me 'cause 2 reasons:
1. I don't care about opinions( the way i look at it, is that opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one but not all of them are pretty!)

2.I voted how i want to vote....I believe you got people offside with those comments and they and you got fired up,that's all!

fly so high! said:

I actually love this post....it really is funny....i especially liked the "I'm killing everyone on the island and eating them"

But the post sounded like you were suggesting that people did not vote for compilations that had black people and women in it....i think that's stupid!!!

Your post did not personally offend me 'cause 2 reasons:
1. I don't care about opinions( the way i look at it, is that opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one but not all of them are pretty!)

2.I voted how i want to vote....I believe you got people offside with those comments and they and you got fired up,that's all!

It is a harsh post. It was supposed to be. But I also mentioned music that isn't rock music. ie classical, jazz, country, etc. Lots of white dudes in those genres. And music that's over 10 years old. Hell, that includes everyone under the sun.:wink:

MrBrau1 said:

It is a harsh post. It was supposed to be. But I also mentioned music that isn't rock music. ie classical, jazz, country, etc. Lots of white dudes in those genres. And music that's over 10 years old. Hell, that includes everyone under the sun.:wink:

I know..........that's another reason why your post did not bother me........i did not get a bad vibe off you....i agree with you. I'm just pointing out why they (the other ding-dongs-that-need-to-loosen-up-too!) were putting on their cranky faces.

VertigoGal said:
Don't have exact stats but I must say that the majority of my songs are not from the last 10 years. :hmm:

Ha. ha haa.

Did you end up voting brau or are you abstaining in protest?

I voted for yours. It has more reach. LMP's multiple listings of Floyd, Oasis, and Radiohead really turned me off.

And I like Floyd, Oasis, and Radiohead. Seen them all live (if you count Roger Waters)

I have no problem with the makers of the lists.

I love you guys.

I'm challenging the voters to a discussion.

I have 8 songs Post-1996.

'60s - 4 songs
'70s - 8 songs
'80s - 7 songs
'90s - 10 songs
'00s - 7 songs

I think in terms of age, the songs are pretty evenly matched.

And about the multiple listings, I wasn't sure about having more than 1 song per artist, but I loved Oasis, Floyd, Radiohead, Springsteen, Bowie, The Beatles, and U2 so much I couldn't decide on one song.

:shrug:

Last edited:
fly so high! said:

I know..........that's another reason why your post did not bother me........i did not get a bad vibe off you....i agree with you. I'm just pointing out why they (the other ding-dongs-that-need-to-loosen-up-too!) were putting on their cranky faces.

Cool.

I was kinda hoping for responses like:

"Fuck you dude...these songs rule."

But everyone went apeshit.

We walk on egg shells here, far too much. We all should be able to banter back and forth like old friends by now.

I will attempt to take part in said discussion...

I didn't put any music made by women or black people on my list, because when I thought and thought and thought about what music I wanted to put on such a compilation, no music made by either demographic popped into my head. But it only has to do with the music. The music I love could be made by white people, black people, red people, blue people, yellow people, men, women, aliens, people with three heads, people with five legs, etc etc. It doesn't matter. It's all about the music.

see isn't this all nice and warm and fuzzy. :hug:

the eggshells I was treading couldn't spare me a beheading :drool: :der:

I go through obsessive phases with music..

I actually regretted all my repeat artists though, I felt like I could've fit a wider range of stuff if I didn't have multiple songs by the same person.

holy crap, brau. you sure are having a conniption over nothing. you realize that the whole desert island thing is just a concept, right? it's not really going to happen. but by all means, if you're that worried about it, make your cd's and keep them on your person at all times. that way, when you actually get to the desert island, you will be the only one with cd's and we'll HAVE to listen to your all-race/gender/genre-encompassing playlist.

i voted for the lists that had the music that i liked best, plain and simple. i voted for lists that had the songs that i wanted to listen to, not the songs that i should listen to. yes, those lists happened to be chock-full of white male artists, but i still voted for them, and i'm a visible minority female. rock music made by white men does not offend me personally - does that assuage your white male guilt? is the race and sex of the artists more important than the music itself?

i mean c'mon, this is a U2 board. most people here are devoted to a white male rock band. did you really think it would turn out any other way?

i'm gonna be real honest here, brau. i've refrained from discussing a lot of music in this particular forum lately because of your tirades against what you think is indie bullshit. it's pretty hypocritical of you to say that everyone here has shit taste in music, whereas the same statement in, say, a switchfoot thread, would garner your standard response of 'pretentious asshole!!!' with all due respect, if you want opinions, quit stifling the discussion.

VertigoGal said:
see isn't this all nice and warm and fuzzy. :hug:

the eggshells I was treading couldn't spare me a beheading :drool: :der:

I go through obsessive phases with music..

I actually regretted all my repeat artists though, I felt like I could've fit a wider range of stuff if I didn't have multiple songs by the same person.

Voting has not stopped yet..........what are you doing throwing the towel in already?

VertigoGal said:
LMP :lol:

indra, we all want to know...are you voting, or just observing?

:shifty:

I'm not proud, or particularly ethical -- my vote can be had for the right price. ...and I have an alter too.... :shifty:

:wink:

I don't think I've voted in any of the rounds. I did look at a few matchups but comparing the lists kept giving me a headache. It was too much like work! :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom