David Bowie: The next thread and the next thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been on a Bowie kick the last day or two. Listened to Blackstar today and it's still great. You guys think it has any shot at Album of the Year at 2017 Grammy's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anybody should ever care about the Grammys.

I've never watched the Grammy's (or any awards show really) because it's mostly garbage. But I just think it would be cool for Bowie to be shown some love post-death. It's so non-mainstream

I think Blackstar will get nominated, but it doesn't stand a chance against 25 or Lemonade, sadly.

It shouldn't be in the same category as those albums, but I do not give a modicum of care about the Grammys or the HOF. I find it funny when Laz gets passionate about them. It's the most pathetic institution going.

Am I being passionate? I don't recall acting like that as I agree with your sentiment about NARAS.

I do like to see great artists and their work recognized, regardless of the dubious nature of this awards body.

I tend to think Laz seems a lot more worked up in his posts than he probably really is. Cos no one who isn't shouter cares that much about anything.

Been on a Bowie kick the last day or two. Listened to Blackstar today and it's still great. You guys think it has any shot at Album of the Year at 2017 Grammy's?

Yeah it's held up very well over the last 6 months. Stood the grand test of time.

bfl.gif

Finally added Scary Monsters to my collection tonight. It deserves to be in the discussion of great Bowie albums. It manages to retain the throaty, industrial Bowie vocals that were synonymous with Station to Station and the Berlin trilogy at the same time as being very enjoyable and reasonably accessible.

Teenage Wildlife is incredible.

Scary Monsters is my favorite Bowie album by far, with the title track in my top five of his songs. Agree with you on Teenage Wildlife. It's No Game and Up The Hill Backwards are other lesser known highlights.

Finally added Scary Monsters to my collection tonight. It deserves to be in the discussion of great Bowie albums. It manages to retain the throaty, industrial Bowie vocals that were synonymous with Station to Station and the Berlin trilogy at the same time as being very enjoyable and reasonably accessible.

Teenage Wildlife is incredible.

If you like Scary Monsters, you should check out the third self-titled by Peter Gabriel. Has that same industrial noir vibe running through it.

Cool, thanks for the tip, will check it out :up:

Scary Monsters is my favorite Bowie album by far, with the title track in my top five of his songs. Agree with you on Teenage Wildlife. It's No Game and Up The Hill Backwards are other lesser known highlights.

Which It's No Game? I preferred 2.

If you like Scary Monsters, you should check out the third self-titled by Peter Gabriel. Has that same industrial noir vibe running through it.

I second this. Honestly the peak of Steve Lillywhite's production career, if you ask me, and you guys know how highly I think of Boy.

Cool, thanks for the tip, will check it out :up:

Which It's No Game? I preferred 2.

I actually really like both versions, depending on the mood I'm in. The second one is definitely more coherent and smooth but I love the combination of Japanese and Bowie's shredded vocals on Pt. 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom