dave fanning vertigo exclusive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtung davy

The Fly
dave fanning will have the vertigo exclusive, 2fm radio in ireland always plays the first broadcast of any new u2 album a couple of days before any one else, its a fact.

Daithí

http://jedijane.tripod.com

@)

hey reggie, i thought u2.com gave the exclusive when they "messed up" the 30 second clips? maybe im wrong?

Would be good if 2fm do play it a bit before anyone else. I'm in Ireland up until the 21st and I always listen to 2fm when I'm there. :hyper:

I didn't think 2fm were the only ones who did that. Cool FM have had exclusive previews of songs. I thought it said that Dave gets the first play of any of their singles. But every radio station will tell you they are playing a single on their station first. I've heard them say it on Radio 1 but I've aready heard the song afew days before on Citybeat/ Coolfm.

Last edited:
dave

the dave fanning show always gets the first cause hes been plugging u2 since u2 were u-2, he holds the world record for the fast speaking dj in the world dont ya know?!

Daithí

i already knew that. yes.
yeah it says he gets it first but im sure plenty other radio stations in america/ europe will play it at the same time, if not before, he does.
i heard "real to me" 5 times on 2fm in dublin last week. /random fact

a

we should keep this thread going with random irish facts! what part of ireland you from lara?

just outside belfast in the north
although ive lived in other places, i lived in drogheda for a little while. then antrim. then back to drogheda for another little while. then finaghy. now im living here and we are moving again soon.

random fact: In Merrion Square (georgian houses) the windows on the houses get smaller the higher up they are.

oh random fact, last month in belfast they knocked down the oldest pub in ireland to build a shopping centre!

you're a student?
are you at QUB?

Have you seen how much they have knocked down there in Chichester Street :crack:

Random fact: The tyre and tractor were invented here.

:)

yap, in st annes!

random fact! deloren, the car guy who did the car in back to the future used to live in my street!

i went to secondary school there, right behind st. annes. where are you studying now?

Deloren, did you watch the show about him and those cars? :crack:

random fact: everyone should try soda bread.

achtung davy said:
oh random fact, last month in belfast they knocked down the oldest pub in ireland to build a shopping centre!

That's a really cruel thing to do :rant:
Is the no-smoking thing in pubs still going on?
('Cause I ain't coming back before it's undone and I really love Irish pubs :drool:)

I really hate the little balding man who works in the Seamus Heaney library. / random fact

silenus said:

That's a really cruel thing to do :rant:
Is the no-smoking thing in pubs still going on?
('Cause I ain't coming back before it's undone and I really love Irish pubs :drool:)

no, northern ireland doesnt have the no smoking ban.

you were the year above me at school. :crack: is your real name david? i know one david from your year.

:)

is your name sian by any chance? i know a girl in your year who loves the edge

random fact. the old guy behind the desk in the students union is a legend! he gave me my phone after i lost it in mandela!

oh god no. im not her. :D she only liked u2 because some bloke in our year liked them and she wanted to go out with him. (thats what I heard like) i had liked u2 since i started 2nd year.

there is someone who works in the shop who loves u2 and they always play them really loudly some mornings. i usually end up sitting on the sofas before a lecture if im in too early. whens freshers week. i want to go and get some free stuff :uhoh:

hehe sorry AussieU2fanman this is just weird! meeting someone who went to the same high school as me in on the internet!

freshers week is great, they give you free beer and mars bars!

it is very weird. aussieu2fanman, there arent many people from where i live here. i don't usually piss people off and ive been here over 3 years :up: :D

Freshers week. :up:
I don't think you would know who i am, maybe to see you might know me though. I was quite quiet in school and didn't have loads of friends. (should I admit that?) I don't talk to anyone from Rathmore now except one person. :up: What are you studying btw?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom