Damien Rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm really enjoying '9'. On the first listen I thought some of the songs sounded kind of ordinary with similar finger-picking guitar patterns and melodies. But after a few listens, the songs are really opening up and there are some gorgeous orchestrations. And Lisa... oh Lisa.. :drool:

The first time I heard the new album I wasn't that impressed, but boy, was I wrong. I've heard it about 4 to 5 times now and I love it. Brilliant... :drool:

Annoying though that he has announced this whole European tour and a UK tour, but no dates in Ireland... :(

'9 Crimes' trivia...

Rewind at the start of the CD and hear a demo of the song.

But you already knew that. I haven't been able to do that as I don't have a working CD player and have had to use my computer. :mad:

Also the hidden track at the end of the CD (if you can call it that) is weird. Kinda reminds you of the Zooropa noise.

Back from my little U2 tour holiday....:drool: so just been catching up with my other little fave at his sites and discover...

:shocked: Damien is touring Oz.....

:shocked: Damien is coming to Perth

:bow: Thank you...thank you Damien

Like some of you I wasnt sure when I first heard the album, now i've listened to it 10+ times and I love it.

Got tickets to see him in March cant wait, when I saw him play Brixton London 2 years back was amazing, I adore Damien and Lisas voices. Beautiful.

Saw Damien for the first time in New York last night:

1. Woman Like a Man
2. Insane
3. I Remember
4. 9 Crimes
5. Elephant
6. Blower's Daughter
7. Cannonball (AMAZING, solo on acoustic guitar at the edge of the stage, sans mic)
8. The Professor
9. Coconut Skins
10. Animals Were Gone
11. Amie
12. Eskimo
13. Volcano

14. Rootless Tree
15. Me My Yoke & I
16. Accidental Babies

He put on a great show, though I got saddled with a nutcase neighbor who was incredibly obnoxious.

LOVED hearing Amie, The Professor, and Coconut Skins, but missed not hearing Delicate, Grey Room, and Cheers Darlin'. Maybe next time! If I were still living in the city, I think I would have swung by tonight to see if I could have picked up a cheap seat for tonight (scalpers were selling good orchestra seats for 1/2 face before the opener even went on last night!)

Best place to check for tour dates is at damienrice.com or eskimofriends.com

For the Aussies - A second concert in Melbourne (February 20th 2007) and Sydney (February 23rd 2007) went on sale last week. If i win Lotto at New Year I'll be there.

For the Kiwis - The 27th Feb date has been cancelled :(

Just wanted to bump this thread because the tour has now started.

First gig was last night in Fremantle, West Australia. A lovely outdoor setting in the grounds of the Arts Centre, basic stage set up and lighting, with the most beautiful sunset as a backdrop. Its gigs like this that I truly love, when the music and performance can just say it all.

Fionn Regan was on first, I’m going to start a thread for him because he was just amazing so I’ll review his brief performance separately.

Next up Damien followed by Lisa, Vivienne and Shane performing close to two hours of the most beautiful music. Highlights, god where do i start I love this man's music. Let me think on this one...maybe Rootless Tree, I remember, cold water....oh god Eskimo...grey room, 9 crimes, delicate...oh god i could just go on and on. Vivienne almost stole the show with the white stripes “seven nation army’ absolutely unbelievable. Lisa just totally blew me away with that voice of hers - my god that girl has one hell of a voice, she just compliments Damien so beautifully, the way she sang ‘Be my husband” was just absolutely amazing – the crowd just loved her.

All I can say is - anyone who is thinking of going to see Damien ...please do...its one hell of a show.

mabel said:
Saw Damien for the first time in New York last night:

1. Woman Like a Man
2. Insane
3. I Remember
4. 9 Crimes
5. Elephant
6. Blower's Daughter
7. Cannonball (AMAZING, solo on acoustic guitar at the edge of the stage, sans mic)
8. The Professor
9. Coconut Skins
10. Animals Were Gone
11. Amie
12. Eskimo
13. Volcano

14. Rootless Tree
15. Me My Yoke & I
16. Accidental Babies

He put on a great show, though I got saddled with a nutcase neighbor who was incredibly obnoxious.

LOVED hearing Amie, The Professor, and Coconut Skins, but missed not hearing Delicate, Grey Room, and Cheers Darlin'. Maybe next time! If I were still living in the city, I think I would have swung by tonight to see if I could have picked up a cheap seat for tonight (scalpers were selling good orchestra seats for 1/2 face before the opener even went on last night!)

Ooooo great set. I can't wait till March. I bet Rootless Tree & coconut skins are superb live. I :heart: woman like a man, can't wait to hear that live again.

More dates :combust:

1 May - Spreckels Theatre, San Diego, CA
2 May - Tucson Music Hall, Tucson, AZ
4 May - McKay Events Center, Salt Lake City, UT
5 May - Paramount Theatre, Denver, CO
7 May - Majestic Theatre, Dallas, TX
8 May - Verison Wireless Theater, Houston, TX
9 May - Bass Concert Hall, Austin, TX
11 May - The Pageant, St Louis, MO
13 May - Uptown Theatre, Kansas, MO
14 May - Civic Opera House, Chicago, IL
15 May - Northrop Auditorium, Minneapolis, MN
17 May - State Theatre, Detroit, MI
18 May - Massey Hall, Toronto, ON, Canada
20 May - Olympia, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
21 May - Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY
22 May - Opera House, Boston, MA
24 May - Mann Center, Philadelphia, PA
25 May - DAR Constitution Hall, Washington DC
26 May - Palace Theatre, Louisville, KY
29 May - Murat Theatre, Indianapolis, IN
30 May - Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA
31 May - Orpheum Theatre, Memphis, TN

Souly said:

ON CAMPUS!

Tickets for these dates go on sale Monday. You better believe I'll be waiting outside the Bass Hall right when they go on sale.

Last edited:
Is there going to be a presale?

And if so, does the fact that I'm in on the mailing list get me a password?

Furthermore, if I don't get the password and one of you lot does, would you mind sharing?

I'm really going to try to buy tickets the very second I can. The Bass Hall has a completely different ticketing system than ticketmaster, so if I'm the first one to go for tickets, I definitely get front row.

So yeah, I'm taking this seriously.

inmyplace13 said:
Is there going to be a presale?

And if so, does the fact that I'm in on the mailing list get me a password?

This is for the San Diego show I'm guessing there would be presales for all
Internet Presale Info
RADIO PRESALE:
Start:Thu, 03/01/07 10:00 AM PST
End:Thu, 03/01/07 10:00 PM PST
DAMIEN RICE PRESALE:
Start:Mon, 02/26/07 10:00 AM PST
End:Thu, 03/01/07 10:00 PM PST

I am hoping for a password as well. I have Damien Rice in my ticketmaster preferences or whatever that is. What email list are you on? I can't find a functioning official site for him

I missed out on seeing him on his recent tour to Australia (He played in my city last week)

But I'll be sure to be going next time he comes back!

Souly said:
More dates :combust:

1 May - Spreckels Theatre, San Diego, CA
2 May - Tucson Music Hall, Tucson, AZ
4 May - McKay Events Center, Salt Lake City, UT
5 May - Paramount Theatre, Denver, CO
7 May - Majestic Theatre, Dallas, TX
8 May - Verison Wireless Theater, Houston, TX
11 May - The Pageant, St Louis, MO
13 May - Uptown Theatre, Kansas, MO
14 May - Civic Opera House, Chicago, IL
15 May - Northrop Auditorium, Minneapolis, MN
17 May - State Theatre, Detroit, MI
18 May - Massey Hall, Toronto, ON, Canada
20 May - Olympia, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
21 May - Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY
22 May - Opera House, Boston, MA
24 May - Mann Center, Philadelphia, PA
25 May - DAR Constitution Hall, Washington DC
26 May - Palace Theatre, Louisville, KY
29 May - Murat Theatre, Indianapolis, IN
30 May - Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA
31 May - Orpheum Theatre, Memphis, TN

Oh I hope I can finally see him!! :hyper:

redkat said:

I have Damien Rice in my ticketmaster preferences or whatever that is. What email list are you on? I can't find a functioning official site for him

http://www.damienrice.com/mailing.html

That should help, though I still haven't heard a thing about a presale.

Edit: I read on a Damo board that the password is 9CRIMES. I tried it out on the UT Performing Arts Center and it got me in to the ticketing page. I'm guessing that's the legit password for the entire presale, as it seems to work for my show.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom