Cosmos Thoughts IV- Enjoy This Because its a Great Time to be a U2 Fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CosmoKramer

Rock n' Roll Doggie
As U2 fans, we are fortunate because while our band takes a long time between albums, when they do release an album there is always a big promotion behind it and a massive tour.

However, I don't think we have ever had this much U2 in so little time. Not to mention, the "real" promotion for the album hasn't started yet. there just seems to be so much possibility of whats to come, its really exciting.

1-we were given 11 FREE U2 songs all at once(not that it being free really mattered but it's still a WOW thing)
2-There is a commercial that is quite lengthy being played in heavy rotation on TV that features.....our band!
3-U2 released their album to every iTunes account, generating 3 weeks of articles/ discussions about the band that are still going on. The good: they have introduced a whole new generation to their music. The bad: they pissed a lot of people off who either dont like U2, don't like that genera of music or don't like having music placed into their library. The bottom line: everyone in both those groups are talking about U2 and they are more relevant then they have been in years
4-In October, we get 2 new songs, 1 new remix song, 1 new alternate version song, a full length version of Invisible and 7 acoustic versions of new songs!
5-tour rumors are starting to swirl and they are very interesting (different set lists each night?)
6-A video for the Miracle(or perhaps another song) will be released soon (the bridge video)
7-The potential live promotional performances...SNL(likely), Late Night(likely), Grammies(likley)
8-A whole other album almost ready?? Probably getting a head of ourselves but the fact that we have heard on multiple occasions from Bono that there are two albums and we know they have named the album, chances are good within two years it will be here (hey, thats like 2 months for U2 fans)
9-A new way to get music that is being pioneered by U2....sounds interesting and I have a feeling that this Apple deal is more than a free album and a commercial.
10- While it's only been 3 weeks.....SOI sounds pretty kick ass and its a very good album(my opinion of course but then again....it's my thread so...yeah, the album friggin rocks!)

Yeah....its a VERY good time to be a U2 fan.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Agreed. I'm happy to have been more clued into the online fan scene this time around, it's been a lot of fun. I was genuinely surprised and delighted by the album release and had a smile on my face for the whole day. Only great things ahead, too!

:up:

I hope the next installment is "Cosmo's Thoughts V: I've Finally Figured Out What a Possessive Apostrophe Is". Because mate, thoughts about the cosmos are quite different from the thoughts of Cosmo posted in this series of threads so far.

I hope the next installment is "Cosmo's Thoughts V: I've Finally Figured Out What a Possessive Apostrophe Is". Because mate, thoughts about the cosmos are quite different from the thoughts of Cosmo posted in this series of threads so far.

Ugh...I really don't pay attention to grammar when typing on an ipad/iphone while on an Internet forum that includes a thread that has 3 pages of posts about "U2 pirates" and that same thread includes 3 additional pages of "homophobia/homomania" talk(ie. just having fun...except the homomania stuff, which was just weird ) but....point taken as it does take on a very different meaning and is lazy of me.

Cosmo's thoughts will include a possessive apostrophe going forward and if not, I will discuss thoughts about said cosmos instead.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

It's an amazing time to be a U2 fan. I'm thrilled with everything and am super excited about the upcoming tour and the very real SECOND album!

This was worth waiting for. Yes it was a long wait and at times this fandom was a little crazy, but that's what makes it great. We're STILL here. The band is better than ever given that they've been together 38 years. And this fanbase is like a huge family. We fight, sure, but at the end of the day we all love this band and the music.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

It's an amazing time to be a U2 fan. I'm thrilled with everything and am super excited about the upcoming tour and the very real SECOND album!

This was worth waiting for. Yes it was a long wait and at times this fandom was a little crazy, but that's what makes it great. We're STILL here. The band is better than ever given that they've been together 38 years. And this fanbase is like a huge family. We fight, sure, but at the end of the day we all love this band and the music.

I would think you should be even more excited given that Adam is in really great form on SOI. This of course will be even more on display during the tour.

For me, it's his most noticeable impact on an album in a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Oh believe me, I am so in love with him right now. He is utter perfection on this album. Top form. There is an Adam thread somewhere around here that does mention he's really shining on this one. I'm chuffed. It's the best birthday gift I could ever ask for (bday is on Oct 11th). And yeah, the live performances are going to be breathtaking. I couldn't be happier. It's everything this Adam girl could dream of.

Back
Top Bottom