Concert Tour - COBL replaces Streets??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
I was thinking that some of the old "standards" may take a breather on this tour due to the strength of the new album. For example, I can see City of Blinding Lights replacing Where the Streets Have No Name and possibly LPOE replacing Until The End of The World....maybe just a rotation on different nights...

Thoughts?

There is no way they will remove Streets from the setlist.

This is the highlight of each night, and everyone in the arena's (both casual and hardcore fans) expect it.

It will never be removed, I absolutely 100% guarantee it.

I do love Streets live, and I love UTEOTW - but I would love to see a total set-list shakeup for this tour.

I'm sure COBL will be played; they played it at the surprise show last week in new york and it sounded amazing! I'd have that replace streets anyday :D

Adam has said that Streets will be a lifetime staple, so I don't see that ever being removed from the setlist -- even if he'd have to sing it himself one day. :wink:

The long intro, the chilling piano track ...then BANG! Edge goes into the slide guitar riff while the drums come in and the house lights go on to blind the audience. It sure will make a good replacement for Streets.

Cheers,

J

Is just a matter of numbers...with each new album some of the older songs have to go to make room for the new stuff.

What stays? And what goes?

What songs will remain from ATYCLB? BD? WO?

What songs do they rediscover this time around? I would have thought Out of Control would have been put away after last tour The same with I Will Follow. Guess not according to the NYC set list.

I bet that Streets is played every night on this upcoming tour, I will seriously put money on that statement. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom