Coke or Pepsi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coke or Pepsi?

• Coke

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Pepsi

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Both

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 10.8%

• Total voters
Angela Harlem said:
Oh, Btw, what's a fountain? A few of you mention you get drinks from them...what the hell is one?
:D

Like when you go to McDonalds or other fast food places, the beverage comes out of a machine. That's fountain...er...soda...pop...soft drink...:lol:...Or whatever!

:laugh: thanks wertsie! I've never heard it called that before, and ours must taste pretty crap over here cos I've never heard anyone say they like McDonalds Coke or KFC Pepsi in a cup :D

If you ask for a soda here in Canada... you'll get sparkling water. :lol:

Pop is what we say :sexywink:

Btw- I chose Coke.

yertle-the-turtle said:
We call them "soft drinks" in our part of the world.

I prefer Coke.

Me too (on both).

At my 7-11, though, Diet Pepsi is the best drink in the fountain. Their Diet Coke tastes weird. :crack:

wertsie said:

:hmm: I can forgive anybody who says "soda," but calling all of it Coke? No, I'm sorry, that's just wrong (and I'd wager than it pisses the Pepsi people off!).

Yeah when I was in Georgia last summer I didn't really see Pepsi anywhere...so you don't have to worry about Pepsi drinkers...lol. I all wanted was a Pepsi because I don't really like Coke and I couldn't find it. I ask the one waitress and she just kinda laughed at me. I guess because Coke is based down there they got used to it!

Lori:mac:

C'mon people its "tonic". (Remember Boston is the "hub of the universe", so we know best)
In the cola wars, I vote Pepsi (which is definitely the sweeter of the 2), but the soda (tonic) I drink most is Mountain Dew.

KhanadaRhodes said:
pop is an album, not a drink. it's soda. :grumpy:

why is it bothersome for people that it's called pop in some places? I couldn't give a crap if people call pop, soda. I've seen tons of "is it pop or is it soda" talks and the pop people never care but the soda people do.

Just curious, that's all.

In Minnesota if you asked for soda no one is going to look at you funny but in general everyone calls it pop.

LoriHewson said:

Yeah when I was in Georgia last summer I didn't really see Pepsi anywhere...so you don't have to worry about Pepsi drinkers...lol. I all wanted was a Pepsi because I don't really like Coke and I couldn't find it. I ask the one waitress and she just kinda laughed at me. I guess because Coke is based down there they got used to it!

Lori:mac:

You should come to GVSU. There's a major Pepsi monopoly here. :down:

arw9797 said:

why is it bothersome for people that it's called pop in some places? I couldn't give a crap if people call pop, soda. I've seen tons of "is it pop or is it soda" talks and the pop people never care but the soda people do.

Just curious, that's all.

In Minnesota if you asked for soda no one is going to look at you funny but in general everyone calls it pop.

Right. I don't get it either. I think soda sounds weird but I get what people mean when they say it...I guess I don't even think that much about it.

i'm a diet coke kind of person.
pepsi max makes me laugh 'cause i remember an su election a few years back where one of the candidates was called max and his campaign team gave away cans of pepsi max as a campaign trick. :lol:

I like diet coke too, though of course I disapprove of all American capitalist nonsense

Club Orange/Lemon/Rock Shandy is good too, as is Finches Orange

And its not Pop or Soda. Soda is stuff that comes from a syphon that old people put in their whiskey

cloudimani said:
I like diet coke too, though of course I disapprove of all American capitalist nonsense

Club Orange/Lemon/Rock Shandy is good too, as is Finches Orange

And its not Pop or Soda. Soda is stuff that comes from a syphon that old people put in their whiskey

:hmm: So what is it then, if not Pop or Soda?

wertsie said:

:hmm: So what is it then, if not Pop or Soda?

I dont know really, soft drinks?

Just cos you havent got a name for something doesnt mean you should call it something it isnt :D

POP pop POP pop POP!! :D

"Soda" sounds prissy like what your school teacher would say :shrug: Normal folks in Indiana just call it "pop."

If the proper name is "soda pop" then either "soda" or "pop" should be acceptable :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom