Coffee & TV - CSGW Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yes: :up:

I'm not swayed at the reviews at all - I've read some of them, and one made me quite excited, but a review couldn't possibly dampen my spirits. Peoples tastes are different :shrug: How can you base your opinion on something you haven't even heard?

Let's all big up U2! :D

The only review I read was Alan Cross' because I love his radio show. :lol: I want to meet him and ask him about it.

Exactly... I'm waiting to hear the music myself and make what I make out of it. It'd be nice to see some unexplored genres in this new CD though :up:

I thought I recognized her in your av. I want to add that I know Charlotte Rampling from two movies that couldn't be further apart. :lol: The first is a b-movie called Orca, about a killer whale taking revenge on a whaler, and The Swimming Pool, a dark foreign film that couldn't be any further from a b-movie. :wink:

Yep, we have all of (well, most of, not some of the crapper ones :lol: ) her films at home, and Swimming Pool (there's no 'The' :wink: ) has been bloody useful for my French revision of late.

I should start watching French movies. I don't know if we have any...I should look around. :lol:

French films are very definitely different to other films - they take a bit of getting used to and it just depends on what you like. I personally like slow moving films that focus on seemingly small social matters. Plus the female parts tend to be much better in them :up:

However the ends can be a bit pissing annoying sometimes... the plots don't tend to follow the traditional linear structure and just sort of end :lol: Hidden is probably the most frustrating French film I've seen. Brilliant and clever, but frustrating.

We have some German and Spanish movies lying around, my dad loves foreign films. (yet another reason why he's awesome haha)

German films :drool: And the best Spanish film I've ever seen is probably Volver - ever seen it?

I love your dad! :lol:

Foreign films :up:

Anyone watched a Bollywood movie? :hyper:

Btw Slumdog Millionaire swpet the Golden Globes :D *proud*

Zee I have a half-indian friend and every Monday she tells us about the Bollywood movie she saw over the weekend :lol: she says one day we have to go to here house and watch a bunch.

WATCH IT! :yes:

And I can't wait to see Slumdog Millionnaire!

:lol: I have, it's awesome.

I want to see Slumdog Millionnaire, it looks really good.

Dani what do you think of them? Which ones have you seen? One rule of watching Bolly movies though is that they have to be taken with a pinch of salt, they're mostly song and dance and are a form of escapism... Not serious movies, with the exception of some.

French films are very definitely different to other films - they take a bit of getting used to and it just depends on what you like. I personally like slow moving films that focus on seemingly small social matters. Plus the female parts tend to be much better in them :up:

However the ends can be a bit pissing annoying sometimes... the plots don't tend to follow the traditional linear structure and just sort of end :lol: Hidden is probably the most frustrating French film I've seen. Brilliant and clever, but frustrating.

I love French films. I can never seem to decide which country is making the best films Japan, South Korea or France. :hmm: They certainly are different but a lot more honest than any other country. :up:

Speaking of French film, I am a huge fan of the fearless Catherine Breillat. I have nothing but undying respect for her and her art. :bow:

Dani what do you think of them? Which ones have you seen? One rule of watching Bolly movies though is that they have to be taken with a pinch of salt, they're mostly song and dance and are a form of escapism... Not serious movies, with the exception of some.

I don't think I've ever seen an entire Bollywood movie. I've caught random parts from whenever they show them on TV here but I really have to sit down and watch one one day, they seem fun.

I had the volume muted and went crazy trying to find out what was wrong.... I ended up playing it 7 times :drool: I'm SO excited for the tour now!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom