Coen brothers and NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenlight

The Fly
Now this has almost certainly got sod all connection with the new album but I was just reading a book about the Coen brothers making the film Fargo (one of my all time favourites) and in a section about filming the exterior snow scenes in North Dakota, the following comments leapt out :-
"We had what we wanted there: a covered sky, no direct sunlight, no line on the horizon, and a light that was neutral, diffused"

Since the phrase is pretty unusual though and before totally dismissing it as just a coincidence, I also vaguely remember reading something a while ago about Bono and the Coen brothers but I can't remember in what context though. Has Bono ever commented on Fargo for instance? Does this ring a bell with anyone?

There is a connection people.

In a british soap called Eastenders their is a restaurant called Fargo's - In that soap is a actor who appeared in the 'Even Better Than The Real Thing' remix video.

I have cracked the case

In a british soap called Eastenders their is a restaurant called Fargo's - In that soap is a actor who appeared in the 'Even Better Than The Real Thing' remix video.

I have cracked the case

Thats it! Eastenders! Rickaaaay & Bianca came back and all round the square you could hear NOT U2 AGAIN! Well done! :lol:

Since when is "no line on the horizon" unusual? It's pretty obvious that the statement refers to the horizon being obscured by something, whether it be snow or otherwise.

I have cracked the case

How... cracking of you.

Back
Top Bottom