Cockram & Cockram, 6 Morrell Street Mooroopna VIC, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the cash for that. I don't have the cash for a road trip either. Sort of a pipe dream.

All I know is that it's really cheap and my millionaire aunt and uncle live there. ;)

I'll see what happens though, I definitely want to get over to Melbourne some point within the next year or so.

All I've heard about Hong Kong is that lots of people like shopping there and you can cut the pollution with a knife. :slant:

(Canberra's actually quite clean.)

A growing wisdom tooth, a cold, cough, runny nose and an elderly man like voice is what I had to contend with today and possibly in the coming days. :(

You have a wisdom tooth coming up at your age, Vlad? Ouch.

Belated hello to Daniel... am home sick today and brain is too full of goo to be alert. :wave:
Also, I sense some Twitter/setlist related angst in your sig... *L*

Vladdikins, I can has Russian lessons, pls? I just know they're pronouncing words wrong in the Clockwork Orange movie.

Daniel, love the signature.

I'd add to it: "Space Oddity, NOT FUCKING MAJOR TOM!"

You have a wisdom tooth coming up at your age, Vlad? Ouch.

Yeah, I'm struggling to eat and barely managed to get through my cereal. Hoping for a day off tomorrow.

Vladdikins, I can has Russian lessons, pls? I just know they're pronouncing words wrong in the Clockwork Orange movie.

Once everything stops hurting, then yes.

Yeah, I'm struggling to eat and barely managed to get through my cereal. Hoping for a day off tomorrow.

Damn, that sucks.

In unrelated news, I finally saw the new Top Gear last night... parts of it were painfully scripted and contrived, Ross Noble was good value as always (although I hadn't quite noticed what an oddly-shaped head/face he has before), and it was fun hearing bits of DYFL. I also have a suspicion that Clarkson had a genuine emotion (other than snark) at the end of the Monaco bit, which was nice.

I see May is still being dressed by an upholsterer...

Also, do you say it "mon-AH-co" or "MON-a-co"?

Ross Noble is just a very strange-looking man on all levels!

And I think I generally say "mon-AH-co".

I usually the the emPHAsis on the first sylLAble when talking about MONaco.

Travis has also pointed out that I pronounce it with two Cs and he himself pronounces it Mon-a-co. I have never heard it pronounced this way.

Jesus, maybe this is just a word I've NEVER heard out loud some how, because yeah, I just heard the Dictionary.com pronunciation and I'm saying it WAY wrong.

And for a fourth post in a row on the topic, never mind. The secondary pronunciation according to dictionary.com is muh-nah-koh, I just slur the N is all.

Wisdom from Dylan Moran this evening:

"Adelaide doesn't even have nothing. It is on a waiting list to get nothing."

"Heavy metal is made by competitively disgusting people trying to kill air."

And 2011's Free Premium From Reggo goes to... Vladdikins. Have fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom