CN Tower, Toronto, ON, CA Superthread (like a penis stabbing the heavens, m'boys!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it weren't for the fact that it already takes long enough for teams from the east coast to get to Subiaco, I would think that a NZ team would be a really cool idea. At least, I hope we have international teams one day. But first Darwin and Hobart ones, screw this Gold Coast and West Sydney bullshit...

Come on, Ax, tell me James Earl Jones can't make you think for a moment that you love baseball :wink:

YouTube - "People will come Ray"

:lol: Ah, you poor, deluded Americans. :wink:

No, to be serious, even with that turned up as loud as possible, I could only hear about half of it. God, this is frustrating. :sad:

If it weren't for the fact that it already takes long enough for teams from the east coast to get to Subiaco, I would think that a NZ team would be a really cool idea. At least, I hope we have international teams one day.

It works well enough for the A-League. Perth to Wellington is the second longest domestic competition trip in the world, after two Russian teams, I believe.

If it's enough of a problem, schedule an east coast game, then a Wellington game for the travelling team. Ditto the reverse for Wellington.

Oh, how is it right now?

Thanks to painkillers, I'm pretty comfortable, but I can barely hear and the ringing is damn irritating. When Mum phoned earlier, talking to her sounded fucking funny.

I really want to go to university tomorrow. I might go anyway and hope I can hear enough to get by ...

:lol: Ah, you poor, deluded Americans. :wink:

No, to be serious, even with that turned up as loud as possible, I could only hear about half of it. God, this is frustrating. :sad:

It was REALLY low, I had to put my headphones on to hear it, plus I've got it committed to memory of course.

"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and could be again."

If it weren't for the fact that it already takes long enough for teams from the east coast to get to Subiaco, I would think that a NZ team would be a really cool idea. At least, I hope we have international teams one day. But first Darwin and Hobart ones, screw this Gold Coast and West Sydney bullshit...

Keep in mind, the Super 14 works quite well and has teams spread out from South Africa, through Australia, to New Zealand. I do feel sorry for the Western Force, though, since ANY away game for them necessitates at the very least travelling to the other side of the Australian continent, while all the other teams have at least one reasonably nearby team.

It really is a shame that money means the Gold Coast and West Sydney get teams before Darwin and Hobart do.

It works well enough for the A-League. Perth to Wellington is the second longest domestic competition trip in the world, after two Russian teams, I believe.

As I mentioned in my last post, there's the Super 14. Going from Dunedin to Cape Town must be pretty shit for the Highlanders!

I'm sorry, you'll have to type louder!

:lmao:

It was REALLY low, I had to put my headphones on to hear it, plus I've got it committed to memory of course.

"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and could be again."

Oh, so that's what the blackboard thing was about! I was really confused there, as all I was able to hear was "steamrollers ... raised ... a blackboard".

Suddenly it makes much more sense. :lol:

So perhaps by 2025 or so we could have a 22 team league with Gold Coast, West Sydney, Darwin, Tassie, Wellington and maybe a Papua New Guinea or other Pacific team. Of course, we might get a merger before then, sadly.

Anna! :lmao:

YouTube - Hitler Gets Banned From Yahoo Answers

Oh, that's BRILLIANT.

That same video was subtitled in the same manner by a Dream Theater fan, satirising all the cock-ups that preceded Dream Theater's first concert in Australia. It was hysterical, although it's unfortunately been taken off YouTube now. The best part, though? Mike Portnoy saw it and got it played as the intro video at the concert.

I think the best part is that it ended with Hitler saying "I'm a sad panda".

Oh, that's BRILLIANT.

That same video was subtitled in the same manner by a Dream Theater fan, satirising all the cock-ups that preceded Dream Theater's first concert in Australia. It was hysterical, although it's unfortunately been taken off YouTube now. The best part, though? Mike Portnoy saw it and got it played as the intro video at the concert.

I think the best part is that it ended with Hitler saying "I'm a sad panda".

That video seems to have been subtitled to fit any scenario, but Mike Portnoy just earned a few more cool points for that particular act.

I am a sad panda, so I find this quite amazing :lol:

So perhaps by 2025 or so we could have a 22 team league with Gold Coast, West Sydney, Darwin, Tassie, Wellington and maybe a Papua New Guinea or other Pacific team. Of course, we might get a merger before then, sadly.

This would be awesome. Maybe instead of mergers, get a couple of Melbourne teams to move. I'm specifically thinking of the Demons here, who are pretty much fucked in their current circumstances.

Papua New Guinea and Nauru probably both should get teams. Though would it be better to bring them into the AFL, or try to develop a genuine international series outside of the AFL?

That video seems to have been subtitled to fit any scenario, but Mike Portnoy just earned a few more cool points for that particular act.

I am a sad panda, so I find this quite amazing :lol:

I think Portnoy almost broke a rib laughing when he saw it posted on the forum on his website, and he was quite insistent that it be played as the concert's intro video! I thought it was amazing that he did that.

Though I must admit I have no clue what movie that particular scene is actually from.

I think Portnoy almost broke a rib laughing when he saw it posted on the forum on his website, and he was quite insistent that it be played as the concert's intro video! I thought it was amazing that he did that.

Though I must admit I have no clue what movie that particular scene is actually from.

Neither do I, but I can't stop watching it :lol:

.... Ooooooookay.

*edges away from thread*

PS: There would be riots if MELBOURNE moved. Very small riots, but riots nonetheless.

:lol: Hi Ali! :wave:

The Demons seem to be struggling to keep their heads above water, though. It is a shame, given they're the original Aussie Rukes club, but god, things aren't looking good for them either on or off the field.

.... Ooooooookay.

*edges away from thread*

PS: There would be riots if MELBOURNE moved. Very small riots, but riots nonetheless.

Haha, hi Ali. :wave:

Yes, I agree. Merges are always controversial, and with Melbourne... they're the oldest club, and they have a patient but militant fan base. Melbourne are not in the situation Fitzroy were in when they got the merger, so if it happens, I don't think it will anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom