Closing Song for the Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artdirector

Refugee
Last tour, the guys closed each concert with Walk On followed by Grace over the P.A. A friend of mine in L.A. who happens to work at where the band has been rehearsing has told me during rehearsals from the upcoming tour it sounds like Crumbs from Your Table will be the last song on the set with One Step Closer playing on the P.A. as the lights go up.

Any thoughts?

He mentioned Exit, Wire and the Unforgettable Fire. He's not allowed in the room as loud as it he can make out some of the songs.

artdirector said:
He mentioned Exit, Wire and the Unforgettable Fire. He's not allowed in the room as loud as it he can make out some of the songs.

Oh fuck yeah, those are the three songs on my list of songs from the 80s that I'm dying to hear live!

Bringing back Unforgettable Fire is a good idea. It would be nice and I'd love to hear it, but I'd be real suprised if they played Wire.

Exit and The Unforgettable Fire...
ORGASM! ORGASM! ORGASM!
:drool: :drool: :drool: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Please God, let it be true...
Oh and BTW, I think it's a great idea that Crumbs will be the ending song. That song has tremendous live potential.

artdirector said:

:shocked: :drool: :drool: :shocked:

Please let that be true!

As if I couldnt get more excited about the tour....I read this thread :wink:

thanks for the info, artdirector

RademR said:
As if I couldnt get more excited about the tour....I read this thread

Haha, no kidding!

The only thing that's brought down my excitement was my first U2 dream last night -- they opened the show with Vertigo (Underwater Violin Remix). It was like ew....

You know, I would immediately say that this is bullshit, but remember... artdirector said when the album is gonna be leaked and it did... So I trust the guy.

andyuk said:
i thought they have been rehearsing in the south of france?

That was on that list of tour dates that showed up a couple months ago, but I'm not so sure that it's true.

Edge lives in Malibu, and given the situation with his daughter, it seems reasonable that the band would be in LA for rehearsals.

I think Beautifuly Day and Stuck (Acoustic) will be the only songs leftover from ATYCLB. I don't think U2 will play Walk On this tour.

Curious: why does everyone seem to think Kite will be left behind?

With the other HTDAAB songs inspired by Bob Hewson's passing, it seems like Kite would be a natural for this tour. Plus it's one of the three or four strongest songs from the last album.

I agree about Kite. That's the one song from ATYCLB besides Beautiful Day that I believe will be played consistently.

Love the idea about Crumbs From Your Table ending the shows by the way....never thought of it before, but it would work nicely.

plus "Kite" is Bono and Adam's favorite off the last album, and I think it's become a fan favorite as well.

That and the Bob Hewson connection would make it a good reason to be a regular on the set list.

Wire seems like a stretch, but you never know. Exit would be nice.

I'm just glad this thread wasn't the well rehearsed should it be Yahweh, we want 40 banter.

That's getting kind of old, and it will sure be interesting to read and respond to real set lists -- in due time.

Are there any techies out here who could concoct some sort of opening nite set list contest? Posters turn in their set list, winning entry recieves... well, maybe a used U2.com key chain or a 3rd leg pre-sale code that works for being closest to the songs and the order on opening night?

I'd do it, but I dont have the SQL relational database web engineering skills now that my flux capicitator blew a gasket.

It's all ball bearings.

knox said:

That was on that list of tour dates that showed up a couple months ago, but I'm not so sure that it's true.

Edge lives in Malibu, and given the situation with his daughter, it seems reasonable that the band would be in LA for rehearsals.

Also, they were just in LA for the Grammy's, so it is not unreasonable to presume they are still there, practising.

On the topic of Kite, I see two angles:
1. It's about Bob Hewson and is thus a good contender to be played.
2. It has been superceded by SYCMIOYO and thus will not be played.

Neither seems more likely to me at this point.

question, ax...don't you think sometimes would supercede "stuck?"
to me it's the SIAM of this album (but better), I think "Kite" is different.

RademR said:
question, ax...don't you think sometimes would supercede "stuck?"
to me it's the SIAM of this album (but better), I think "Kite" is different.

I think the only real similarity is that found in the song names. Besides that, totally different. Stuck is meant to be more soul-pop and is about Hutchence's suicide, whereas SYCMIOYO has totally different subject matter and I'm not quite sure how to describe the music, but it's completely different. Kite and SYCMIOYO share subject matter and an epic word - "a maaaaaan" and "siiiiiiing". I'd actually quite like to see Kite before SYCMIOYO. Kite --> SYCMIOYO --> Bad --> One Step Closer --> Streets.

Hey guys and gals I'm back. Just an fyi, my friend is pretty reliable on what he's heard but this could all change. So it may end up not being those songs. Also he did mention that Beautiful Day has been played quite a few times so its safe to bet that song will be on the setlist.

Damn I can't wait...

artdirector said:
Hey guys and gals I'm back. Just an fyi, my friend is pretty reliable on what he's heard but this could all change. So it may end up not being those songs. Also he did mention that Beautiful Day has been played quite a few times so its safe to bet that song will be on the setlist.

Damn I can't wait...

I hope these rehearsals work out ... I recall that Two Hearts Beat As One and The Unforgettable Fire were both rehearsed before Elevation and neither made it. Considering U2 have now been reported rehearsing UF before TWO tours and played it on the outro at Slane Castle, it seems they still feel something towards that song and it will hopefully come back.

Exit ... we also had a report from Dublin that U2 were rehearsing it in the studio, if I remember correctly. So both Exit and UF seem reasonable. Wire's come out of left field, though! NEVER would have expected that. While UF was a live staple for over half of the eighties and Exit's lyrics seem relevant towards politics now (I often talk about Bush with Bono's live intro to Exit, "a religious man who became a very dangerous man when he misunderstood the hands of love"), Wire failed to make it beyond the UF Tour and isn't a particularly notable song to most. Bringing it back out of the blue ... :drool:

I will absolutely DIE OF JOY if any of those three are done live. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Axver said:

Exit ... we also had a report from Dublin that U2 were rehearsing it in the studio, if I remember correctly.

yup, ure right. they were reportedly rehearsing EXIT in dublin, now maybe in LA before the tour? good things....

Back
Top Bottom