Chicago 3 Setlist Party - Ballroom at last??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CIozutIWcAEK31q.jpg:large

Pugs is amazing. A few shows ago we were lucky to have a feed last a single song.

Not even Bono can ruin this song. I will love it forever and hope it gets played forever. I'd actually be shitty if I got Miracle Drug instead of this. (Although I'd gladly take a Pop or Zooropa track over it.)

Hey, at least we got Love Will Tear Us Apart. It's a shame they don't snippet that one more, I like it better than Shine Like Stars, personally.

I've never actually understood how Shine Like Stars became such a big thing.

Same. I prefer Love Will Tear Us Apart as well, although...

Agreed. Although when he does them both, it's even better.

:up:

You may try, but I will just introduce you to my founding fathers, who layed out a system of government that was built to prevent activist judges from over-stepping their responsibilities....

Lol. I think this is the most pathetic argument of all. It's not 1700 dude. This decision doesn't affect you in any way, shape or form. Move on.

:up:

What if they rotated different robotic speeches?!

They could get one from C3PO, one from Bender, one from that spaceship computer in 2001.

That would be AWESOME.

A speech of just R2-D2 beeping for three or four minutes :lmao:

:up: Heck yeah. Band enters the stage like the opening of New Hope. I'd straight crap myself.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Oof, looks like someone doesn't know their history!

Marriage has been a political and civil issue since its inception, it only gained religious significance with the separation of the Latin Church into the Catholic and Protestant churches after Martin Luther etc etc.

So, if you wanna use the separation of powers reasoning, then marriage has been a civil issue for far longer than it has been a religious issue, so it's absolutely proper for the state to pass it.

But hey, don't mind me. Think what you like.

Pretty much this. I have three thoughts on the subject:

1. Marriage as an institution has existed for over 4,350 years. Marriage has been identified with religion for just under 1,000 years. Religion has no jurisdiction over marriage.

2. Secular, civil marriages have existed in Western societies for a long time. My secular marriage should be considered way worse to religious nuts than a Christian gay couple who want to get married.

3. Freedom is only freedom when the exercising of that freedom does not prevent another from exercising theirs. In other words, dissenters have no right to an opinion, because they are impacting on an issue that has ZERO impact on their lives, it is just spitefully negatively impacting others. So fuck you (not you liam).

4. (I added a 4th) - love is love, so fuck you all (dissenters that is).

HAL!
That's right!

I confuse him w the computer from Airplane 2 all the time whose name I also don't know.

United Center - Chicago, IL - June 28, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / She's a Rainbow (snippet) / A Clockwork Orange (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Desire / La Bamba (snippet) / Julia (snippet)
15 - Lucifer's Hands
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky / 19 (snippet)
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Beautiful Day / Two Hearts Beat as One (snippet)
20 - All I Want is You
21 - With or Without You / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet)
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
22 - City of Blinding Lights
23 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / Where the Streets Have No Name

Lol. I think this is the most pathetic argument of all. It's not 1700 dude. This decision doesn't affect you in any way, shape or form. Move on.

Don't expect you to understand the greatest system of government ever created....but HEY...good on ya....at least you have conviction....have a nice life...

Don't expect you to understand the greatest system of government ever created....but HEY...good on ya....at least you have conviction....have a nice life...

hal-9000.jpg

Look Townie, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

Dear U2 fanbase,

You're slipping in your pedantry. I posted earlier that Gloria's live absence was 9 years, 6 months, and 15 days. It was in fact 14 days; I mistakenly went by today's date right now in Melbourne, 29/06, when it's only 28/06 in Chicago. But nobody noticed. You people have pulled me up on equally inconsequential points in the past! Today? Nope. :tsk:

Cheers,
Ax

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom