Chevy Chase, Maryland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Khan's spaghetti alla carbonara is what ACTUALLY killed the thread.

Or maybe the grungy geese pooped on it.

OR BOTH.

Yeah, I've seen massive sigs on forums I've browsed, which just strikes me as so weird, because every forum I've ever spent real time on has had sig size restrictions.
the worst part too is there's no line dividing the actual post and the sig like there is here. i don't know why. some people must manually add one themselves which is great. most don't so i'm left trying to figure out where their post ends.

good lord. someone's sig on this other forum is 20 lines long! and of course it's the kind of person who usually posts little short replies.

I am ever so mildly embarrassed by the size (and content) of the signature I had on the first forum I ever posted on. :shifty:

the worst part too is there's no line dividing the actual post and the sig like there is here. i don't know why. some people must manually add one themselves which is great. most don't so i'm left trying to figure out where their post ends.

Oh god, people who manually add signatures are lame. And sites that don't separate post from signature are nearly as lame. It cracks me up when people on Interference who aren't premium members manually add a signature. Way to care far more than you should.

If Ax sees the speech Bono did about Paul McCartney from that MTV thing the other night, he will probably kill himself.

I saw the thread on EYKIW and promptly ran the other way. I don't want to commit suicide just yet. I'll kill myself when I'm awesome, thank you very much.

I am ever so mildly embarrassed by the size (and content) of the signature I had on the first forum I ever posted on. :shifty:

Go on.

I think the first few forums I posted on were very lax with their signature sizes. I would probably say they were far too big now, but at the time they didn't seem excessive, even if I only had dial-up.

Oh god, people who manually add signatures are lame. And sites that don't separate post from signature are nearly as lame. It cracks me up when people on Interference who aren't premium members manually add a signature. Way to care far more than you should.
ha, same here. well in my case, it's a mailing list. in fact, someone contacted me privately about the sig, telling me it was too long. i mouthed off at them and they blocked me (i only know this because they told me). now? i'm a mod of that mailing list! :giggle:

agreed. i don't really get the point of manually adding a sig (if you want one that badly please just pay the cashmoney to get it) or why some sites won't fix their settings so the line is added. and if that's impossible, then it's time to switch software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom