Can *YOU* ID this song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what a bomb! said:
I KNOW IT! I KNOW IT! oh shite its gone now it was on the tip of my tongue! ARSE! lol

I hope after all this palaver yer gonna buy the sodding song! lol :)

I hope you're not getting me excited just for nothing... ;)

And yes.... chances are I'll buy the song... :wink:

You do realise you're the first to actually admit KNOWING the song?! Everyone else I've talked to puts up a "Oh yeah.... I know that band... that's... U2." lol...

emma003.jpg

ba ba ba baby spice!

- The Zoocifer -

I'm a latecomer to this thread. I saw it was at 7 pages and, reading through every post one by one so far, was SURE it would be solved by now! And it hasn't!!

I can't really add anything anyone else has said. Chorus sure does sound like Bono, with Bono-ish lyrics ("love" etc.).

My idea would be send it to this man: answerguy@atu2.com .

He should be able to confirm, once and for all, if it is U2 in any shape or form. If it isn't we can get off this hunch of looking for U2 songs and concentrate on other soundalikes around the time.

I don't want this thread to die until the issue is resolved :sexywink:

Believe me this is NOT U2. Give a couple listens of the clear MP3's, and really it's not even close to bono's voice. Guitar is Edge-like here and there, but not the Edge either.

womanfish said:
Believe me this is NOT U2. Give a couple listens of the clear MP3's, and really it's not even close to bono's voice. Guitar is Edge-like here and there, but not the Edge either.

You are right, I gave it a couple of listens after I initially heard it, and it's not U2 and it's not a soundcheck song, as I thought it might be before. I will say that I do like the sound of this band, perhaps because it will likely end up being a U2 cover band.

One note: There's also a hammond-oregon sounding thing being played in the background during the verse and final ending... that's *not* a U2 instrument...

ccolhandlaura said:
maybe someones mentioned this but.........could it be a U2 tribute band???that it explain it sounding very like U2 but not!!

It could be, but you honestly have to ask yourself.... when was the last time a U2 tribute band recorded an album that made it to mainstream radio?

And if such a U2 tribute band existed, wouldn't a million U2 die hard fans know them by now? ;)

Carmanah said:

It could be, but you honestly have to ask yourself.... when was the last time a U2 tribute band recorded an album that made it to mainstream radio?

And if such a U2 tribute band existed, wouldn't a million U2 die hard fans know them by now? ;)

yeah i know, but the likes of Zoo2 could have just recorded a single, a once off type thing or somethin..i dunno, im clutchin at straws here!

but i agree with JTH, you should definately ask Answer Guy, hes a bit of a smart ass sometimes, but he does have the music knowledge thing goin on there too!

Tip Top Prince said:

You do realise the number of posts per page in a thread is configurable for each user, right?

For me, this thread is only 3 pages. :)

why no, thanks for pointing that out!!

you Interference Watch Dog you!!

:p

ccolhandlaura said:

but i agree with JTH, you should definately ask Answer Guy, hes a bit of a smart ass sometimes, but he does have the music knowledge thing goin on there too!

Alright... but excuse my ignorance, but who exactly is "Answer Guy"? :huh:

i listened to all the versions and i'm stumped too. i have never heard that song before. it sounds like bono on the chorus but not in the verse and the guitar sounds like 90's edge...not really so much the 80's stuff.

do you guys really think that bono would collaberate on a song and just sing the chorus? seems kinda odd to me.... :huh:

Sweet Tart said:

do you guys really think that bono would collaberate on a song and just sing the chorus? seems kinda odd to me.... :huh:

hey....What's Going On collaboration last year is an example of believe....what was it? 2 lines....

"Mother, Mother,
There's too many of you crying"

Neway.....this thread is annoying me like nothing else....I only listened to part of the song, and it definitely ain't Bono...no doubt about it.

First thing that came into my mind was "red hot chili peppers"...but that was soon forgotten....:lol:

Bless ya.
WHYWHY.

Originally posted by WHYWHY
hey....What's Going On collaboration last year is an example of believe....what was it? 2 lines....

yeah but that was b/c there was 742 people also singing on that song...i meant more along the line of a duet.

Back
Top Bottom