Call and Email Indie 103.1!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

username

The Fly
That was total bullshit! Not only did they falsely advertise and lie to all of the listeners that waited for hours to hear the new song. But then we have to listen to that blowhard Hnery Rollins talk smack about the band?!

Seriously... if we all email and flood the station with calls for the entire week, maybe they will get the message!

complain@indie1031.fm
or
feedback@indie1031.fm
and
1.877.4LA1031 (Toll free)

Get on it!

Does anyone know for a FACT that this station said they'd play the new song? Clearly they advertised the U2 marathon - and they delivered. But did anyone at the station say that they would play the new song? Or was this just wild speculation? Did a DJ say that "PERHAPS" they might be able to play the new song? DJ's are wrong (*gasp*) and he/she may have spoke out of turn.

In other words, before sending spam e-mail to the station (go ahead and spam Rollins though - he deserves it ;) ) I think some fact checking is needed.

No, they said it. I heard it, so did many other people. Check page 12 on one of the earlier threads # 2.

There was no mistake.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reference - found it.

O.K., so apparently the station did say it.

However, the day is NOT over yet. Yes, annoying Rollins is on. But it's only 7:45 p.m. in California (as I write this). Therefore, there's a chance the marathon could resume after Rollins. Even as Elvis said, they might play it at midnight (3 a.m. on the east coast). So don't be hatin' - at least not yet. ;)

My god are you people optimists. I really, really, really doubt we'll here it from some schmucky radio station in LA.

There is no way people are sticking around now, after Rollins got on air. They are not playing it. Why would they wait until they dropped all the U2 fans (when Rollins got on) to play the song? They wouldn't. And don't say that they didn't know Rollins would come on. Of course they did. He came on right on the hour. It was all planned. And it's bullshit.

And yes, they did advertise the news song. I heard it myself. They clearly said it was going to be played TODAY.

Maybe I am an optimist, but as you wrote above, they said they'd play the song TODAY. As I look at the clock, today is NOT over in any part of the U.S. It's not even 8 p.m. (as I write this) in CA.

All I'm saying is that before sending tons of hate mail, we should at least wait until TODAY is over. Then, if the station still didn't play the song, hate all you want. ;)

I had serious doubts that they'd be allowed to play it this early. But I thought that they weighed the benefits of having a huge block of listeners vs. the fines they might have to pay, and took their chances. I should have know it was all a hoax. But there is no excuse for this false advertising. There may be nothing we can do about it. But they sure would get the message if hundreds of people called them all week to complain!

Emails can be deleted too easily. CALL THEM! It's toll free in the US.

Even if it was played tonight, i dont want to give that station the benefit of our time and the benefit of getting ratings. Had i known that the station hired rollins as a dj i wouldve doubted this whole thing from the start. a radio station that gives him 2 seconds of air is a station that is not worthy of my time. if it is played i'll hear it from a source that i trust and respect, for they will trust and RESPECT their listeners.

u2ulysses said:
Maybe I am an optimist, but as you wrote above, they said they'd play the song TODAY. As I look at the clock, today is NOT over in any part of the U.S. It's not even 8 p.m. (as I write this) in CA.

All I'm saying is that before sending tons of hate mail, we should at least wait until TODAY is over. Then, if the station still didn't play the song, hate all you want. ;)

It doesn't make sense that they'd let Rollins dump all of the U2 fans before they played the song. Why would they do that and puroposely piss everyone off? The song isn't getting played. They're getting my hate right now.

Yeah, I am now doubting the song will be played as well. I was optimistic. And even though I stopped listening as soon as Rollins came on (I abhor that man - almost as much as I abhor "W"), I see that Rollins has been ranting about U2 for most of the show. The mood that was created has been ruined by Rollins. For the station to return to the U2 marathon would be pretty odd. Not to say they won't still do it, but it doesn't make sense. Then again, this is a new station - so who knows? Maybe they think having Rollins in the middle of a U2 marathon is funny.

does anyone know when the marathon started? they did say "24 hours", didn't they?

Anyone try calling them today? I am curious to see what they say about the whole deal. I've gotten no response from my email. I will try and call at some point.

I haven't gotten a reply either, and I sent my message last night. I'd call, but I don't even want to think about how much it would cost to call California from Newfoundland. For those of you who are phoning - are you getting through at all? Or is it still like it was last night?

GibsonGirl said:
I haven't gotten a reply either, and I sent my message last night. I'd call, but I don't even want to think about how much it would cost to call California from Newfoundland. For those of you who are phoning - are you getting through at all? Or is it still like it was last night?

It's supposedly toll-free. Would that work internationally? It's 1-877-4LA1031

Back
Top Bottom