Bummerville, CA, United States Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't think of two things further from my mind (as a 20 year old human) than marriage and children. At this stage, it's just a pathetically alien concept to me.

I just want to burst into the field and fuck people up with ideology.

I'm 28 and I find marriage and children ludicrous. But it's starting to happen to friends and colleagues of the same age. Fairly few, considering, but still.

I just want to burst into the field and fuck people

Fixed.

Oh good! Feels like I haven't spoken to you for ages. Definitely been ages since I last saw you!

I really feel the need to catch up with you all before I go back to full time work again in November. its been like 5 years since I've caught up with anyone fro here.

OK can I have a... well not a rant, but you know. One of my colleagues had a baby. Like, just had a baby. Last night. And all these other colleagues were really excited today, getting all sentimental about it. Including people from whom I would not expect such behaviour.

And I had no reaction other than "huh" - and "so who won the bet on when the kid would be born?"

I just can't find such news to be either interesting or exciting. And now I realise I'm getting old and I'm going to have to pretend to care when friends have kids.

It's a tough one. Everyone is starting to look at us now, we've been married nearly 4 years and no kids. I just don't know (or lack of better wording) where or how we would be able to fund it all given our current situation.

But I don't wanna come here and get to depressed.

I really feel the need to catch up with you all before I go back to full time work again in November. its been like 5 years since I've caught up with anyone fro here.

It's a tough one. Everyone is starting to look at us now, we've been married nearly 4 years and no kids. I just don't know (or lack of better wording) where or how we would be able to fund it all given our current situation.

I don't even know who are these people who look at others and wonder where the kids are. In my circle, our main discussion point re: kids normally is "wow so-and so really shouldn't have had kids"! (Hence my surprise at today's reaction.)

And let me know when you're next in Melbourne and we'll catch up!

I don't even know who are these people who look at others and wonder where the kids are. In my circle, our main discussion point re: kids normally is "wow so-and so really shouldn't have had kids"! (Hence my surprise at today's reaction.)

And let me know when you're next in Melbourne and we'll catch up!

At the end of the day, it'll happen when it happens and should be no ones business.

For sure! I'm down in a couple of weeks for a bucks party but its going to be a quick trip. But I possibly the weekend after 16th/17th (hmmm maybe not cause my birthday is the 16th) Otherwise sometime in early November. We should try and organise to get as many of us as possible together all at once!

Bed. Take care of yourselves.

Yeah I ought to sleep too if I wish to be productive tomorrow. Have a good one folks!

At the end of the day, it'll happen when it happens and should be no ones business.

For sure! I'm down in a couple of weeks for a bucks party but its going to be a quick trip. But I possibly the weekend after 16th/17th (hmmm maybe not cause my birthday is the 16th) Otherwise sometime in early November. We should try and organise to get as many of us as possible together all at once!

Yeah let me know when works! I won't be in town late October or late November/early December but should be around at other times. Always keen for a catch-up/beer.

I take Citalopram as well. The docs said that mild drinking is fine, but excess (>six drinks? I don't remember the exact number) drinking was not. I found that out the hard way when I lost six hours to the back of the couch when I went out drinking after starting on it.

Wow, I've never been warned about anything like that - I guess it should just be obvious since 6+ drinks isn't good for your health no matter what, but I'm surprised. Probably because I've been taking it since I wass 13, and have only (lol) been drinking since 16/17, but I still feel like it should have been brought up at some stage. How long have you been on it?

As for people bein' married and stuff, it's getting to that stage where my old school mates who didn't just get hitched straight after school (of course there were plenty of them) are now starting to settle down, and that's making me feel a bit weird. Ain't looking forward to no reunion.

As for people bein' married and stuff, it's getting to that stage where my old school mates who didn't just get hitched straight after school (of course there were plenty of them) are now starting to settle down, and that's making me feel a bit weird. Ain't looking forward to no reunion.

I'm not sure what it says that when I saw photos of my high school's reunion I barely recognised a single person. Sure my shitty vision may have something to do with it, but I basically spent the whole time flicking through the photos wondering "who the hell are these people? Glad I didn't waste my time and money attending."

That said there would've been a certain pleasure standing up and telling them all that I'm now Dr Axver.

Get it?

Beer
Spirit

Fuck

Oh ho ho ho.

One of my colleagues and I have a thing where we exchange terrible puns in an attempt to find the worst pun of all time. But this one yesterday got an actual laugh:

I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don't know what he laced them with, but I've been tripping all day.

Wow, I've never been warned about anything like that - I guess it should just be obvious since 6+ drinks isn't good for your health no matter what, but I'm surprised. Probably because I've been taking it since I wass 13, and have only (lol) been drinking since 16/17, but I still feel like it should have been brought up at some stage. How long have you been on it?

I started taking it in February, so I was definitely a drinker before I was taking medication a doctor gave to me.

I defriended about 2/3rds of the people from my school, but saw a photo of the most popular guy at my school a few days ago. In one sense, I feel sorry for him because I know he's seen some shit, but in the other, knowing that I've done some serious stuff and gotten places, and he hasn't makes me feel better about being uncool at school.

I'm on lexapro and having one beer tonight made my head swim.

I like to think of it as getting more bang for my buck.

God, that sounds GREAT (and also awful, but bang for your buck when drinking would be well appreciated.)

the weather is amazing today, guys. it's been dreary and chilly but i've been inside so it's been glorious. plus i've been able to nurse this whole out-of-it feeling i've had all day and finally get around to finishing a school assignment.

chocolate chip cookie flavoured coffee creamer is amazing.

One of my colleagues and I have a thing where we exchange terrible puns in an attempt to find the worst pun of all time. But this one yesterday got an actual laugh:

I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don't know what he laced them with, but I've been tripping all day.
I love it.
the weather is amazing today, guys. it's been dreary and chilly but i've been inside so it's been glorious. plus i've been able to nurse this whole out-of-it feeling i've had all day and finally get around to finishing a school assignment.

chocolate chip cookie flavoured coffee creamer is amazing.

I love it.

DID SOMEONE SAY COOPERS

I'm actually drinking SA's worst, a tin of West End, right now. Dad did a gardening job for a mate and they paid him in a carton of the red stuff, he hates it (he's a VB drinker for some reason!) so I've been helping him with getting rid of it.

Anyway, Coopers Sparkling, or "Sparklers" as they're known to the truly rekt, are a true gift, they can mess you up pretty quickly but boy are they tasty, good taste m8. :up:

Never tried West End but yeah I'm so glad I now know about Coopers Red. Great beer.

My sense of humour has got really fucking dark of late. I guess the combination of thinking people in general are fuckwits combined with teaching genocide gets to you after a while.

But hey apparently everybody thinks I'm this well adjusted cheerful productive guy who likes a beer. :happy:

Dark senses of humour :up:

Do not get angry at me if you click on this people:

What's the difference between a train carriage and a miscarriage?
You can't eat a train carriage.

What work are you doing in Nov?

That's great.

I'm not sure what it says that people are now starting to request me to do my modified version of Forgot About Dre, which is based on shit from my thesis. I should fuck up your hiphop karaoke night, Cobbler.

God this made me snort loudly. So awful but so wonderful.

Co-signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom