Bulls, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saakashvili+tie+snack.jpg

And now a Vietnam vet with a gay son is totally owning Abbott and making him look like a heartless hypocrite.

Abbott's struggling early.

I don't know how anyone can stand to talk to him, it's hard enough watching him crap on on TV. :yuck:

How many times has he said, "First of all, I dispute your assertion..."??

I don't know how anyone can stand to talk to him, it's hard enough watching him crap on on TV. :yuck:

How many times has he said, "First of all, I dispute your assertion..."??

Gillard was friendly, complimented the questioners (even if it became something of a broken record drinking game). Abbott's nervous and confrontational. I reckon he's looking bad.

But then I'm biased. Interested to see how this plays out with the marginals.

Gillard was friendly, complimented the questioners (even if it became something of a broken record drinking game). Abbott's nervous and confrontational. I reckon he's looking bad.

But then I'm biased. Interested to see how this plays out with the marginals.

I dunno, he's getting too much applause for my comfort, although maybe that's just the Applause light weilding its power...

I dunno, he's getting too much applause for my comfort, although maybe that's just the Applause light weilding its power...

Everybody gets some measure of applause ... I don't think it's as warm as Gillard got last week, and certainly there haven't been many outbreaks of enthusiastic bipartisan applause.

I reckon the applause for Gillard's Q&A Wednesday proposal was the most enthusiastic of the night!

He needs to visit a costume shop and buy bigger ears if he wants to regain his popularity. :wink:

Or become a homophobic fundie moron who can't answer a question.

I don't know why anyone pays any attention to anything any bloody pollie says during a campaign, or any other time. It's all bullshit.

*temptedtodonkeyvote*

Well, another day gone with no packing. I am going to have so much fun this week.

I probably don't really have time to go to the astronomy lecture on Thurs night but it's only an hour or so...

Feh.

I'm taking my grumpiness to bed, where it hopefully won't keep me awake.

:wave:

Well, Tony came across as much less confident than Gillard did last week. Awkward at times, and really showed his ignorance on some topics - the Internet sticking out VERY prominently, but also welfare, the disabled, and basic human compassion. Clearly a relic of a pre-Internet era who just does not understand technology, and seems to have no interest in understanding the way of the future.

Stupid question but is Abbott really a homophobe?

Sure seems like it! He tries to play the "some of my friends are gay" card ... a bad card in the first place, and he played it badly. He outright stated that gay people should not be considering marriage, as if it is any of his business what people should consider in their romantic relationships. How dare he tell them what they should or shouldn't consider. That's just insulting.

Back
Top Bottom