Bucksnort, Tennessee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, I favour NLOTH II too. It sounds better as a rock track. Plus it has the better vocal take - with Bongolese!

I was reading the lyric booklet while still having it on repeat. I was like, :lol: No that's NOT what he said. Same with Vertigo too I guess.

And the vocals are indeed better. Less whiny and strained. :up:

I'm liking this song, this'll be great! It's a bit more rocky.

Wtf is Bono doing in IGCIIDGCT? His voice sounds weird, and he failed to get the high part

Damn Lardence is drumming properly. This is a welcome change!
This song sounds okay..

The guitar I like, bass is a bit meh but okay.. the drums I really like..
Vocals aren't even bad, besides for that part in the beginning

The random falsetto in Crazy Tonight is wtfy, but you get used to it after a few listens. It actually has come to give the song a bit of character to me.

Ugh, I'm listening to Radio 1 in the lead-up to U2 and the music is unbelievably bad.

Boots really sounds out of place here.. I guess it'll be like Vertigo, this song is gonna be hated on the forums soon.

Gets a bit boring after too many listens. And not to mention the bass/guitar riff is a bit too simple.. simple can be good, but in this case it's just a bit too simple... it's a fun song, not to be taken too serious.

The bridge reminds me why I loved this song the first listen. Then I remembered how they raped it live. The live version will never reach the album quality sadly.

The transition from Crazy Tonight into Boots is pretty much the weakest on the entire album. It's really odd.

OH SHIT

Stand up Comedy sounds like an Aerosmith song!

Did I mention yet I'm quite a bit Aerosmith fan?

This is CATCHY! Holy crap!

I like it a LOT!

Fez > White as snow transition is pretty good!

I like this song, it's calm, the piano and accoustic guitar beginning was nice... now the chimey guitar, it's soothing
it sorta has the lonely vibe winter has

Breathe has a GREAT into! The drums, and then guitar + piano, that's a good kick in!

I predict this'll be a single! :up: Great tune±!

WAS is beautiful, I love the sparse feel of the guitar.

Stand Up Comedy is musically cool but the lyrics blow.

WAS is beautiful, I love the sparse feel of the guitar.

Stand Up Comedy is musically cool but the lyrics blow.

Yea it's a great tune, no single, but a great tune!

I haven't really paid attention to lyrics yet, I'm solely judging how it sounds.

Damn, Breathe is gonna be a great single! :up:

Not so convinced Breathe will be a single. We already know Magnificent will be second and Crazy Tonight will be third, and that there will be a total of four singles. I think NLOTH is more likely than Breathe. But then the band are playing Breathe a fair bit, so maybe it will make it as the fourth single. God I hope not.

Breathe sounds way better than NLOTH1, I didn't know aboutthe singles yet..

Cedars definately won't be one.. it sounds still so familiar! the voice sounds straight from AB wtf. freaky.
it sounds like this won't be played live either.. they can't pull this one off.

I'm not expecting Cedars live either, though if they want to keep up the Bullet/soft song thing, I can see Cedars working there, albeit a little reworked.

I prefer either NLOTH to Breathe. Breathe is just a bit too HTDAABy in points.

DAMNIT!

REcord store just called, they got the boxset a few seconds ago. :grumpy: But it's too late, I can't pick it up now because I gotta get the train in half an hour. It takes half an hour to get to the store!

Ha shit I need to eat more food. I think all I've eaten today are muffins! I better eat something substantial before I fade away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom