Brisbane Rehearsal Setlist Watch & Party Part I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Utoo said:
Bono is sounding amazing. :combust:

Yessssss. He sounded so fantastic last night, even though he held back at points. I can't wait for him to totally let loose on Miss Sarajevo or Kite's "I'm a maaaaaan" or the end of Beautiful Day.

Wow, what a great night. Despite the rain, we had so much fun on the hill by gate 16. And tonight's going to make that pale in comparison. This is going to be awesome! :hyper:

theu2fly said:
You know it's interesting, with the digital age, and YouTube, really, anything can be recorded and submitted within hours. We may not be able to be there in Brisbane, but we are getting a great window of opportunity to see this.

Thanks to all who recorded the rehearsals... looks like it will be a terrific show.

:yes:

:up:

Very cool that we can see something taped on a hill in Australia less than 24 hours after it happened.

Have a great nite Axver!! Could you please do a little girly scream for me at some point in the night???? :hyper: Only four more sleeps and us NSW ppl get our turn!!! YAY!!!

I'm not even going to the gig, and I can't wait for it to happen! :hyper: Have fun whoevers going!

So is the setlist party gonna be a bummer or do we have a contact at Brisbane yet?

phillyfan26 said:
So is the setlist party gonna be a bummer or do we have a contact at Brisbane yet?

Well, we were hoping to have an audio feed, but we've just discovered that the costs are going to be prohibitive. I'm not sure what will happen now. Most Interferencers won't wake up until we're just about getting home from the show anyway, and I'll do a full report on U2VT the minute I'm home.

Here's the only way we can think to get an audio feed to work:
1. Someone has a mobile plan that includes free time to landlines. Even if it's just "free for the first 20 minutes", that's cool as they can just hang up after 19 minutes and call again.
2. Someone IN AUSTRALIA receives the call on their landline.
3. gorman calls that landline and a three-way call is established. Then we get our feed without paying exorbitant by-the-minute call charges.

Last edited:
Damn, I was gonna wake up at 6AM cause I have off for elections tomorrow! It was gonna be the only one I could follow.

Text updates should be handy enough..

I can (at this stage) take updates for Friday & Mondays's Sydney show definitely as well as the Adelaide show.

No promises on Saturdays show...Just yet.

Last edited:
Axver said:
Here's the only way we can think to get an audio feed to work:
1. Someone has a mobile plan that includes free time to landlines. Even if it's just "free for the first 20 minutes", that's cool as they can just hang up after 19 minutes and call again.
2. Someone IN AUSTRALIA receives the call on their landline.
3. gorman calls that landline and a three-way call is established. Then we get our feed without paying exorbitant by-the-minute call charges.

Hmmm, someone with Skype would be able to help you out...you can call a mobile from the Skype program for like 2-3 cents a minute....I think that works out quite cheap.

bono_man2002 said:

Hmmm, someone with Skype would be able to help you out...you can call a mobile from the Skype program for like 2-3 cents a minute....I think that works out quite cheap.

That's to landlines, not mobiles. Aussie mobiles are 20 cents a minute. :(

woo-hoo! i arrived in Sydney a few hours ago, beautiful city! so great to be here... just 3 days till my first u2 show!!!!!!!!

i am not going to listen to the new Walk on and Kite until the concert itself.... though the rection here makes them sound so bloody spectacular.

everyone have a blast in brissy tonight.... hope its a fantastic show!

Yeah, I may not be on much more before the show. Have an AWESOME time!!!!! :rockon:

shortfuse said:
woo-hoo! i arrived in Sydney a few hours ago, beautiful city! so great to be here... just 3 days till my first u2 show!!!!!!!!

i am not going to listen to the new Walk on and Kite until the concert itself.... though the rection here makes them sound so bloody spectacular.

everyone have a blast in brissy tonight.... hope its a fantastic show!

Where are you from? We've had really crap weather the last few days. Hope it holds out okay for you while you're here.

guess what showed up on my doorstep today... just in time

XMTT.jpg

:drool:

I hope you all have a terrific time tonight! My cousin and his band are going, they are huge fans of U2 and U2 comes through in their music, can't wait to hear from them!

So judgin by the hour here on interference , what's the time of the concert ?

Tim Tams! :drool:

Though Squiggles, a New Zealand biscuit, are even better. :combust:

And with regards to concert time, Lila's right. I'm honestly not sure if U2 take the stage at 8pm or 9pm. There's been conflicting information. At the moment, it's 10:20am. I'm heading to the stadium in about 3-4 hours.

Axver said:

And with regards to concert time, Lila's right. I'm honestly not sure if U2 take the stage at 8pm or 9pm. There's been conflicting information. At the moment, it's 10:20am. I'm heading to the stadium in about 3-4 hours.

Here it's 10:20 pm Country , still monday , more exactly 9:20 pm here in my city coz of the summer time .... Meaning the concert will begin tomorrow at morning .........

So U guys will be rocking the hell out , while I'm having class at college :hmm: Damn gonna be hard pay attention , while the mind is thinkin what are the lads playin

BTW Axver did you notice which guitar was Edge on Kite ??

I'm so excited for all of you! Please report back as soon as you get home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yea, ps... give Bono a big kiss for me.

J_NP, I've no idea what guitar Edge used for Kite. The view of the stage was pretty much blocked - we could only see most of the big screen from the Gate 16 hill. To get up high enough to see the stage, you had to climb gum trees that weren't easy to climb!

theu2fly said:
You know it's interesting, with the digital age, and YouTube, really, anything can be recorded and submitted within hours. We may not be able to be there in Brisbane, but we are getting a great window of opportunity to see this.

Thanks to all who recorded the rehearsals... looks like it will be a terrific show.

YouTube was in it's infancy during the last leg of the tour... I remember being at a setlist party when "Lazy Sunday" came on and that's the video that really gave YouTube it's legs and it's like second nature now to look there for this stuff.

Times keep on changin' and quick... wait until the next tour! Live video streams.. you heard it here first!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom