Break. News : ZooTV in DVD ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
J_NP said:
Dude , well this comes from a not so liker of Bad as most fans , myself I prefer AIWIY I find it much more exciting , but the version of Bad I'm talkin about is amazing . This version , I'm almost sure appears the very beginning of it in the The best of 90s dvd , it sounds like a totally different Bad , pretty exciting. It's the one that begins with "Goodbye Sarajevo " and Edge doing some harmonics

And about the one from Dublin , I heard sometimes , I think it's the one with the MJ intro , I found it good , but the wembley's I think its better

I just wrote that I like Bad from Wembley :) , but the Dublin is so much better. Bono sings wich such a more feeling and force. The second time he sings the fade away part is the best fade away ever. :)

I know mate , was just trying to make you say "I love wembley's one" :wink: And about Dublin , theres something I like a lot is the First Time snippet at the end , but dont know why I still prefer Londons one .

Now that we are done with Bad :wink:

Lets choose the best version for Desire :D

this kind of talk makes me think about a thread to choose the best versions for the 'B-sides' of the Zoo dvd

J_NP said:
I know mate , was just trying to make you say "I love wembley's one" :wink: And about Dublin , theres something I like a lot is the First Time snippet at the end , but dont know why I still prefer Londons one .

Now that we are done with Bad :wink:

Lets choose the best version for Desire :D

this kind of talk makes me think about a thread to choose the best versions for the 'B-sides' of the Zoo dvd

Best version of Desire, well 1992-08-29 Outside Broadcast and 1992-08-16 WC.

this is not breaking news :eyebrow: we've been reading this long-time rumors since 2004

anway, if this is true, it will sucks big time :yawn: better image, 5.1 mix, fireworks, "special features" and blah blah :blahblah:
too much for nothing really new...

A REAL treat for fans should be (considering War + Zoo TV + Pop Mart):

U2 Box Set

DVD1: Live At Loreley 1983. Plus Devore 1983 and missing songs of Red Rocks 1983, and Video of Two Hearts Beat As One

DVD2: Live At Stockholm 1992. Plus outside broadcast docummentary, many highlights from 1992-1993 as Houston, Rotterdam, Dublin, etc, and Videos of Until The End Of The World and Love is Blindness

DVD3: Live At Santiago 1998. Plus many highlights from 1997-1998 as Rotterdam, Dublin, Sarajevo, Johannesburg, etc and the Pop Mart tour docummentary (not a Year In Pop one)

:drool: :drool: :drool:

That's a world of difference !!! ... sadly, U2 can rest on their laurels forever, no matter how little - or none - effort they make in releasing a copy-paste VHS sourced DVD... they'll sell millions anyway signed any product as "U2" and putting Bono alone on the cover :sad:

U2 must have the best technology in the world, so restauring archive footage shouldn't be hard at all ;)

Peterrrrr said:

Best version of Desire, well 1992-08-29 Outside Broadcast and 1992-08-16 WC.

I agree on this One , from 29.08 , this one from WC got to hear yet . Other I would say it's probably best version of Zooropa , which is the one from final date in Dublin

ponkine said:
this is not breaking news :eyebrow: we've been reading this long-time rumors since 2004

and putting Bono alone on the cover :sad:

But this is the 1st time that the news are solid ;) and there are some details of it

And it has a non-only Bono cover , it has probably the best cover of U2 live videos so far :D

J_NP said:

I agree on this One , from 29.08 , this one from WC got to hear yet . Other I would say it's probably best version of Zooropa , which is the one from final date in Dublin

Maybe I'm confused, but I think you are. They did not play Zooropa at the final date in Dublin.

T

No mate I was talking Desire from Dublin is the best version of the Zooropa tour , ol rigt ? ;)

J_NP said:
No mate I was talking Desire from Dublin is the best version of the Zooropa tour , ol rigt ? ;)

Ah, I get ya.

Although to me talking about the "best" version of Desire from Zooropa is a little like talking about your favorite infectious disease - one might be better than the other but you don't really want any.

I presume the no-claims bonus refers to "daddys gonna pay for your crashed car"

tommycharles said:

Ah, I get ya.

Although to me talking about the "best" version of Desire from Zooropa is a little like talking about your favorite infectious disease - one might be better than the other but you don't really want any.

No wonder , I actually said that probably coz of the quality of dublins concert , never was really a fan of Desire by Mac myself , the OB versions are better .

Anyway people for other possible bonus song in the 2nd DVD , what choice would be for UV ?

I talked to Universal Sweden toady and he told me that It is a dvd release in later this year. If Im lucky I get more new tomorrow,

Potentially exciting DVD Box Set news!!!

Many thanks to U2music, who posted this in the All I Want Is U2 subforum! :bow:

From Belfast to the Beeb ... to a Box Set?

Matt McGee

A current BBC effort to open up its vast archives should pave the way for at least one new U2 video release. So says Marc Marot, who's been consulting with the BBC for two years about how to take advantage of the broadcaster's extensive collection of audio and visual material.

The video in question would be a rarity: a four-camera shoot of U2's concert at Queen's University in Belfast on January 23, 1981. Marot says it was one of the first U2 videos the BBC uncovered when he began working with them in the spring of 2004.

"It's a full half-hour," Marot says. "It's a stereo recording in really good quality. And nobody even knew it existed. It's sitting there in the archive, ready to roll. It was only ever broadcast once, in Belfast, which is Irish BBC. It's never been [shown] anywhere else in the world."

The BBC, as a public broadcaster, is required by law to archive all of the recordings that it makes. Their archive goes back to 1937, and includes more than 500 million feet of film and 400,000 hours of video. And now the BBC wants to catalog it all and share what they find. An "experimental prototype" of the BBC archive is already available to be searched online, and includes a listing for U2's Belfast concert.

Of all the types of programming in the BBC archive, music recordings present a unique challenge.

"The problem with [music recordings] is that the BBC, whilst they specifically own the materials -- the film -- they don't have any broadcast rights anymore," Marot explains. "And whilst the record companies and publishing companies own the rights to the music, they don't own the rights to the film, so they can't do anything with it, either."

His plan? Have the BBC give audiovisual / DVD rights to the record companies, and have the record companies give reprogramming and repurposing rights back to the BBC to make programs.

The good news for U2 fans is that Universal Music, whose music roster includes U2, signed on last year -- the first major label to partner with the BBC. The agreement means the two are working together to identify BBC program material which can be released commercially by Universal, and/or used as new broadcast programming by the BBC.

That should include the 1981 U2 concert in Belfast. Marot, who worked closely with U2 during his 16 years with Island Records, says he doesn't know for sure what Universal's plans are, but he imagines the concert would be released as part of a larger box set that's already written into U2's current recording contract.

"I think that probably this thing will only get to see the light of day when the box set comes out," Marot says, referring to a box set that Island Records is authorized to issue in the future under U2's current record deal (see Pt. 2 of our Marc Marot interview). "I could quite imagine that there would also be a DVD box set that would come out along the lines of the Led Zeppelin one or the Beatles one. I can imagine that they'll clean it up and release it in its entirety, but only at the most appropriate time. I don't think it's gonna come out in isolation; it's gonna be part of something big."

http://www.atu2.com/

Holy Shit that would be just bloody amazing , this for me is as exciting as U2 like playing in my country , coz u know have old concerts , rare moments in dvd , I love DVD , who doesnt , and better who doesnt love U2 live :drool: Mix these 2 ones :drool: :drool: And instead of only one dvd , a full box set , a live product that really matches U2 quality :drool: :drool: :drool: Oh Boy ...... If it really happens and still this year , I gonna be a easy victim :wink: I wont be able to wait the price go down , the moment is out , it's in my player :D

I talked to Universal Sweden toady and they told me that the release date is in september, but it can be october also.

As we know before there is going to be two versions, one single dvd and one double. It isnt said yet if the double are a limited or not. But the bonus disc will include alot of bonus material. This is not only a dvd with remastred sound and better picture...... :)

When u said 'a lot of ' material , u have any detalis ? Any , like didnt they say anything ?

J_NP said:
When u said 'a lot of ' material , u have any detalis ? Any , like didnt they say anything ?

Universal havent got any information yet about the bonus material, they told me to come back later.

Now what makes even more curious is that together with the interview of that guy that worked in island , and with that news of Box Set in atu2.com , a guy saying the guys were after BBC footage of u2 in 81 , Now I remember as well People saying they were after the digitalization of the tapes of Red Rocks :hmm: People if these clues are really accurate , and if Zoo comes into this , then theres a real Box Set coming .... And Theres also the Milan Dvd , which could be a great way of like linking the eras of u2 live like , If they wanted to put a package with like the title The Best of the tours 80-05 , It would match coz there would be Vertigo footage to match this . And I just keep :hmm:

Hey Peterrrrr ask them as well about the Milan Dvd , if they got any word already.

One way or another Zooropean103 , be sure of somethin , Milan only doesnt appears this year if theres like a Big full box set and it's not on it , otherwise it will really come out , the only question is is gonna be in dec or earlier ?

I just emailed Universal Brazil and look what they said :

'
The "Zoo tv" DVD will be released in Brazil in the same day of the worldwide release . At the moment is scheduled for october. '

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom