Boston, March 11 Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A DVD of just this show does not make sense. I could see them doing something like Rattle and Hum, where they make a "collage" of different performances and promotional appearances.

Did he say where they were headed? I know it's been reported Fez for a video shoot.

I have no idea if this means they are going there, but I saw a fan's photograph of Adam's guitars stacked up in some sort of case.. and a note on one of them said "ship to France" :shrug:

A DVD of just this show does not make sense. I could see them doing something like Rattle and Hum, where they make a "collage" of different performances and promotional appearances.

I agree. I think it'll be that, an MTV special (hence, Sway was the host), or bonus footage for the tour DVD.

And speaking of R&H, as my bus was going through red lights I shouted out "Rock and roll stops the traffic." There was no response. My bus was pretty lame.

I agree. I think it'll be that, an MTV special (hence, Sway was the host), or bonus footage for the tour DVD.

And speaking of R&H, as my bus was going through red lights I shouted out "Rock and roll stops the traffic." There was no response. My bus was pretty lame.

I would have cheered...had I been on the bus....

I have no idea how to post links, but there is a great article, photos and video on the Boston Hearald web-site. Look for Jed Gottlieb--I was actually standing right in front of him after the big rush to the stage and can see my hands waving in front of his camera.

Maybe someone more technical can post the link?

This is from another Herald article:
The guitarist and his bandmates - Bono, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen - stayed at the after-concert bash for about 45 minutes Wednesday night sipping the Club Bar’s primo margaritas and chowing down on chef Susan Regis’ eats. They literally bolted for the door before midnight to catch a plane back to Dublin.

“We sent them off with steak sandwiches and our famous (chocolate) Turtles in doggie bags,” said Lishansky. “But I had to take their drinks as they headed out the door!”

U2 gig had Hub all over The Edge - BostonHerald.com

This is from another Herald article:
The guitarist and his bandmates - Bono, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen - stayed at the after-concert bash for about 45 minutes Wednesday night
U2 gig had Hub all over The Edge - BostonHerald.com

Carter Alan said Larry didn't show for the afterparty...I suppose he could have been wrong...cause he then said that Larry just doesn't like that kind of stuff...but "Promo tour Larry" seems like he certainly would've gone to the afterparty, I think.

Larry has been sick so I wouldnt be suprised if he skipped/kept a low profile at the after party.

and between the amount of video coverage and the fact that Sway was the emcee, I wouldnt be surprised if there isnt an hour long MTV special on the night within a couple of weeks. it took MTV a few days/couple of weeks before they showed the Brooklyn Bridge stuff in full....

Looks like Larry enjoyed at least 1 beer after the show!

larrybeer3-09.jpg

Bono & Co. enjoy their stay - The Boston Globe

Larry has been sick so I wouldnt be suprised if he skipped/kept a low profile at the after party.

Right, but he was intimating that he wasn't there "just cause he doesn't like that kind of thing" when in truth if he wasn't there I'm sure it was because he wasn't feeling well (I was expecting Alan to go on and say that but he didn't. Maybe he didn't know Larry was sick).

edit: and the above picture, proves he was there...must've been keeping a low profile. Oops, actually after reading the article with that picture, Larry opted to go to another bar close by instead of the after-party...hmmm...I guess he'd had enough "U2-ness" over the past 2 weeks and then knew he'd be sutck on a plane with them for another 5 hours going back to Ireland.

Right, but he was intimating that he wasn't there "just cause he doesn't like that kind of thing" when in truth if he wasn't there I'm sure it was because he wasn't feeling well (I was expecting Alan to go on and say that but he didn't. Maybe he didn't know Larry was sick).

edit: and the above picture, proves he was there...must've been keeping a low profile. Oops, actually after reading the article with that picture, Larry opted to go to another bar close by instead of the after-party...hmmm...I guess he'd had enough "U2-ness" over the past 2 weeks and then knew he'd be sutck on a plane with them for another 5 hours going back to Ireland.

You have to love that Larry chose Tommy Doyle's. I started hanging out in Southie Bar because I heard U2 (Larry) would go there when he was in town. Never saw him, but made some amazing friends!

The caption under that photo says that Bono is in the photo too, obviously cut off! Probably the band bar hopped together at least a little bit.

I was reading Willie's Diary today and one of the entries is about the Boston show. I thought this was rather interesting..

Showtime arrived and U2 went live on air, playing five songs followed by an on-stage interview with 'Sway', a chap from MTV. All good and it looked very promising on screen, so Tom now takes away all the footage to edit and spruce up. Coming soon to a laptop near you.

i'm a u2.com member and just saw the video...its sooo great....but how would I go about ripping just the audio....i'd love to blast this in my car...perfect quality

Hello,

Anyone has audios or videos of the Paris concert?
I was just there and it was AWSOME! sooooooo good!
I'm looking forward to seeing them in Boston as well! :)

Back
Top Bottom