Boots vs Vertigo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which song do you like better?

• Vertigo

Votes: 70 29.3%
  • Get On Your Boots

Votes: 169 70.7%

• Total voters
I agree, so far thought from what I heard on the radio is that more people hate it around my area then love it. infact one person acused U2 of stealing Britney spears beats (which i think is BS umm pun intended LOL). I thought that was quite funny but its a reaction (the people hatingg it) I would expect from a more experimental and unsafe song. In other words this is good indeed!
It's funny I called the radio today to talk about it and the dj and I both agreed. U2 can never win(even though they do). I mean if they release a traditional U2 sounding song they get blasted for doing the same old U2 thing. Yet when they do something like Boots they get blasted for not sounding like U2. People are dumb. They don't know what they want from U2. :lol:

Boots is 10 X better then vertigo by far and I loved Vertigo!

Seconded, innovation ftw!

Oh, it's because I think the songs haven't changed that much from the beach clips and Magnificent sounds like the epic U2 anthem that they are used to release as singles.
On the other hand, people are saying that STC is Led Zeppelin-esque, something that I think would not be safe to release as a single in these days. Which would be awesome if they released as a single

We'll have to hear it first.

let me hear the sound let me hear the sound sound is alot better then say umm all of it can be yours all of it can be yours just give me what I want and noone gets hurt. But yes I still like Vertigo don't get me wrong but this is different then vertigo and I don't think i will get tired of it as fast as I did with vertigo :)

I agree again! Bono rapping = ownage. :drool:

Boots IS JUNK!! U2 is officially DEAD! I mean holy cow! How they can release this garbage? What a piece of garbage this song is. It won;t even make it to the top 10
list. It will get 2 weeks air play and then disappear. I'm sad to see U2 have officially
become a crap band. Progressively the music has declined since Achtung baby and this single is probably the worst of their whole career.

If you hate so much why are you on here? huh? huh?

Please didn't make the top ten in any country.

Please is an awesome song, my 3rd favourite ever. :up:

It's funny I called the radio today to talk about it and the dj and I both agreed. U2 can never win(even though they do). I mean if they release a traditional U2 sounding song they get blasted for doing the same old U2 thing. Yet when they do something like Boots they get blasted for not sounding like U2. People are dumb. They don't know what they want from U2. :lol:

And I agree with you too! They can't win. I bet if they released The Fly (supposing it was never released before) people would bitch about it and say its "the worst Tripe" they released in years "U2 is dead!"

Yes just confirmed on 2day fm U2 have died. Sad day. I guess Boots is getting played every hour on the hour cause they are dead.:applaud:

Vertigo can lick GYOB's boots. GYOB friggin soars and actually takes you places. Vertigo sounds like a bunch of middle aged men trying to sound hip. GYOB is a band searching. Vertigo is a band surrendering.

Now, if only Bono can stop being a cheeseball aging hippie with his lyrics we might get something better than JT or AB.

coz it was one of the worst U2 songs - painful to listen to.

I've never gotten mad at someone on Interference before... but that comment makes me damn close. This is the wrong band to equate chart success to quality to.

Are they dead? really??? Then they must have some pretty same looking body doubles since they performed last night and look really alike LOL> And if they are so dead to you why are you on a U2 forum? Achtung baby was a long time ago according to you U2 has been crap since then and yet your a fan hmmm..

Y'know... Paul knows a guy...he can handle this. He got four guys that looks exactly the same. No problem at all.

:up: Exactly.... I think Vertigo is a more rocking song than Native Son overall, but their's more substance to Native Son... the same substance and lyrical weight that Boots has as well. That said, Boots seems like it suffers a bit from a lack of energy, the kind that Vertigo has when it spreads its wings.

I totally disagree. The performance in Boots is far more exciting than Vertigo's, energy-wise. Larry actually seems to be a step above automaton for once.

I'd have to go with Vertigo so far... That could change though. I just don't get what GOYB is about...

Just a question: When Vertigo was released in I think 04 - what were the reactions from fans? Was it similar to the comments on Boots? If anyone remembers that far back.

^I wasn't there but I've read the thread when Vertigo got leaked and as far as I remember almost no bad reactions.

Just a question: When Vertigo was released in I think 04 - what were the reactions from fans? Was it similar to the comments on Boots? If anyone remembers that far back.

The threads dug up a few weeks ago. The vast majority of Interference was worshipping Vertigo, and Bomb as a whole... a much larger majority than have been liking Boots.

And now Bomb has just been voted the second worst U2 album by us. *shrug*

The threads dug up a few weeks ago. The vast majority of Interference was worshipping Vertigo, and Bomb as a whole... a much larger majority than have been liking Boots.

And now Bomb has just been voted the second worst U2 album by us. *shrug*

With Pop being number 1 right?

With Pop being number 1 right?

Well, counting from highest-to-lowest, Achtung was number one, followed by JT and UF. We're counting the other way now, and are now voting for the third-worst, but I daresay the top three will be the same.

What did R&H rank? I sometimes feel I am one of the the only fans who completely loves that album.

just listened to vertigo for the first time in quite awhile--I've never quite felt the urge to vomit during a U2 tune, but I was close with vertigo for awhile. I mean it was everywhere for a long time, and it was way too catchy to begin with. I'm not a fan of his, but I saw an interview with Eminem once where he said something like--"I listened to it 2 or 3 times and got really sick of it, so I knew it would be a hit" when he was talking about one of his songs. People have talked about vertigo's energy, but to me, boots has much more. It's less catchy, much less bland, the mixing/arrangement is better, the lyrics are better, the vocals are better, it's just a MUCH better song than vertigo or beautiful day. It's really not even close for me. I listen to those songs maybe once or twice a month, and I'm done with them for awhile. There is just not alot of substance to them--not the case with boots.

I lurk on these boards more so than post, but I remember when HTDAAB leaked, everyone loved it....saying what a killer album was, how it had the bite that ATYCLB didn't, how Miracle Drug was a classic, etc...

Now, everyone dumps on it.

I think it's just natural, though. When something new comes out by your favoruite band, you don't want to be dissapointed.

I gurantee four years from now, a majority of posters will be discussing how great the first single is from the next album, and how dissapointing "Get on Your Boots" was, and how U2 have returned to form.

Vertigo can lick GYOB's boots. GYOB friggin soars and actually takes you places. Vertigo sounds like a bunch of middle aged men trying to sound hip. GYOB is a band searching. Vertigo is a band surrendering.

That's deep mannnnnnnnnn. Jackie Treehorn treats objects as women!

I lurk on these boards more so than post, but I remember when HTDAAB leaked, everyone loved it....saying what a killer album was, how it had the bite that ATYCLB didn't, how Miracle Drug was a classic, etc...

Now, everyone dumps on it.

I think it's just natural, though. When something new comes out by your favoruite band, you don't want to be dissapointed.

I gurantee four years from now, a majority of posters will be discussing how great the first single is from the next album, and how dissapointing "Get on Your Boots" was, and how U2 have returned to form.

Agree. There has been some negative reviews on Boots. Even Perez Hilton's website has absolutely slagged the shit out of it. So, people are being very defensive. Naturally.

Agree. There has been some negative reviews on Boots. Even Perez Hilton's website has absolutely slagged the shit out of it. So, people are being very defensive. Naturally.

You would give credence to anything on that sporkwad's website? That would be the last place I'd go online to read a record review. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom