Bono's Surgery and Tour Postponement - Info & Discussion Here - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: Paul looks stoned, too. I think they have a great time together in France.

Good to see Bono smile, and I totally love that purple hoodie.

Their house in Dublin is currently undergoing massive reconstruction, so I doubt they'll move in there any time soon. The family had originally planned to stay in their NY appartment for the US tour. Ali said they moved to NY in September and have lived there ever since with the kids going to school there and all. Now that things have changed regarding the tour I guess they might spend more time in France.

He really does look stoned :lol:

School doesn't let out in NY until June so I suppose Ali and the boys will be here until then.

washingtonpost.com

U.S. proposes new passenger protections

Airline passengers would receive as much as $1,300, up from the current $800, for being bumped from a flight and would have 24 hours to cancel reservations without penalty under consumer protections proposed by the Obama administration.

The new rules would require airlines to fully and prominently disclose baggage fees as well as refunds and expense reimbursement when bags are not on time; provide special notice when fees go up; and notify ticket-buyers if they must pay to check bags.

Word is Obama is an Interference reader and decided to do something about airline cancelation fees after reading this thread.

Does anybody happen to know what we do with our tickets for these postponed concerts? Is it possible to buy tickets to other shows anymore? (that are postponed)

It doesn't seem TM is currently selling tickets to the postponed shows so I guess the only way to buy tickets to other shows at this point is in the secondary market. As far as the tickets you have, they will be good at the postponed shows or you can call TM and see about getting a refund.

Okay, yeah i didn't mean from TM itself, places like stubhub..ect. Because they aren't selling tickets anymore and i don't know how that's going to work. Thanks

Sooooooooo...2 weeks ago,they said new dates to be announce shortly..Maybe 2 weeks is too short?

My mostly uneducated guess is that I'll be really surprised if we hear anything before the European shows start up in August.

My mostly uneducated guess is that I'll be really surprised if we hear anything before the European shows start up in August.

I think the rescheduled Australian dates took a couple weeks to get announced. Re-booking the US dates is some serious logisctic work.

Plus they want to make sure Bono's recovery is on track for Turin and he's cleared to do a tour for most of the next 12 months.

Sooooooooo...2 weeks ago,they said new dates to be announce shortly..Maybe 2 weeks is too short?

I was just coming in here to ask when we might see the 2011 rescheduled dates announced.

Thinking about it, might we have to wait for the 2011 baseball schedules to be announced later this fall?

Except that that photo was taken in NY before he had surgery. Sorry ABC News! (they really ought to come here for their photos. LOL)

The picture was taken on Bono's birthday in NY, before the surgery. Ali isn't even in France with him. Sometimes media people can be so lazy :tsk:

Also, it's just that the actual 1st pics of him after the surgery were kind of widespread around here when they happened. (The ones of him in the car, and then out to lunch with the gerbil box.)

refunds for america

SInce the economy is so bad and my job is gone I need my money back for tickets I bought. When I contact live Nation they want to rape me by taking the service fees and not refunding. This is the problem with Live Nation running concert business. They say since it is postponment then they get to keep fees. THis is BS>>>

To not refund all of our $$ is criminal. I plan on contacting lawyer to see if we can start a suit against Live Nation to get our Fees refunded.

Don't let Corporate America steal your hard earned cash

They have had our money for enough time that the interest they have earned is more then our fees....

Stand up..... For your Rights........

:sad::doh:

This is every ticketing company, Ticketmaster has been this way for decades...

Stand up... for your rights... and let this lawyer steal your money too :up:

Live Nation said they would reschedule the American dates as fast as humanly possible, but guaranteed they will not release the new dates, or any new dates for australia, south america, etc until the European leg is almost over so that way they can sell as many tickets as possible there.

cant stand live nation

Live Nation said they would reschedule the American dates as fast as humanly possible, but guaranteed they will not release the new dates, or any new dates for australia, south america, etc until the European leg is almost over so that way they can sell as many tickets as possible there.

cant stand live nation

I'm not a Live Nation fan either, but this is just silly.

First of all it takes a long time to schedule a massive tour like this so to think you were going to have anything before October is crazy.

Secondly, what would this have to do with selling tickets in Europe? How would American dates effect European dates?

Back
Top Bottom