Bono's Surgery and Tour Postponement - Info & Discussion Here - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally Posted by U2FanPeter
Watch the Edge video again and see how he talks about Turin.

What is the deal with Turin?? :confused:

Cant watch video at work but doesn't he say something like 'ready to go mid august'. Turin is first week in August. Perhaps the first few shows will be scrapped/rearranged?

I know physical therapy and sports injury rehab times have gotten really specific and precisely measured lately, but we're still in the month of May. There's no way they could really know if Bono will be ready by August 6 or August 16. It's just too far out to be that specific.

(Now watch some doctor come in and correct me. "No, we know the precise date when he should be able to run around the stage again and lean over those moving bridges.")

Is anyone from North America now considering going to a European show?

I'm starting to scheme a bit. Although, if they would let us know about any Southern Hemisphere shows, I'd love to plan that way.

Refunds etc

wonder when we will be able to get a refund for our tickets? I assume it will be very hard to redo tour in same sequence etc a year from now. Hell I might be in Iraq next summer.

Also wonder if they will push hard to have new album out by Christmas to re excite the fan base? I assume some other big acts that respect U2 tour cycle will not want to postpone their tours any longer. Like Radiohead REM and possibly the Stones if they are going to go out one more time before the grave. etc.

Godspeed on your recovery Bono.

Anyone watch Live Nation stock since leg canceled?

Maybe they're considering postponing Turin until after Rome at the end of October just to be safe?

As usual, you're all over the place with this one. It didn't really need it's own thread.

I assume some other big acts that respect U2 tour cycle will not want to postpone their tours any longer. Like Radiohead REM and possibly the Stones if they are going to go out one more time before the grave. etc.

But I'm really curious as to what you mean by this?

I already had ticket for Istanbul and hotel and flights were booked months ago. Now I am seriously thinking about adding Rome ....

I'm starting to scheme a bit. Although, if they would let us know about any Southern Hemisphere shows, I'd love to plan that way.

I was, but I really don't have the extra money and I can wait till next year.

I hadn't bothered with any 360 shows in Europe due to Glastonbury (would have easily, easily trumped a 360 show, IMO), but I'll now over the weekend be having a look at what can possibly be done about getting to one.

I probably won't follow through, but Spain has been at the top of my general travel list for awhile, combining it with U2 would be fabulous... However, I'll probably be looking more towards South America if I do anything before their return to North America, have enough frequent flyer miles to do it. :D

I haven't nailed down the timeframe for my Ireland vacation next year yet, but if they schedule a show over there, I would consider going around that.

Although it would probably be in the summer, and I was trying to avoid those few peak tourism months.

I haven't nailed down the timeframe for my Ireland vacation next year yet, but if they schedule a show over there, I would consider going around that.

Although it would probably be in the summer, and I was trying to avoid those few peak tourism months.

They probably won't want to play a home concert if it's not in the summer though right? Who wants to go to a stadium show in the late fall that far north?

I heard the springtime is cold there too. I would imagine summer if they do play Dublin/Ireland again.

Oh, I agree. That just means I probably wouldn't see them in Ireland. :)

I'm trying to avoid the peak season so I can hopefully pay lower costs for flight and hotels, and avoid some of the crowds and whatnot.

If they do schedule a show, I would definitely consider going during the summer, but it would depend on how much more everything would cost.

We'll see! Lots to decide between now and then.

If anyone was wondering Ticketmaster are refunding those who don't want to wait.

I sent them an email (by replying to the one they sent out to us notifying us of the cancellation) explaining that we did not want to wait until the new schedule is released cos we had tickets for 4 different shows in different parts of the country and did not know if we would be able to make any of them next year. It was a shame to lose those hard fought for GAs but we hadn't got them (they were on Will Call) and it just seemed too messy to wait any longer.

They wrote back saying they will refund all except their order processing fee once I sent through the name on the CC, the billing address, order references and last 4 digits of the CC.

That was yesterday. Today I got a reply confirming the refunds- so I thought I'd let everyone else know. I am impressed at how Live Nation/Ticketmaster are handling this.

I got mine thru Stub Hub. Very expensive 1st row of the 2nd tier Edge's side. Am I to assume that I need not try to get a refund because I am totally boned or is there a chance? Obviously I purchased tickets from Joe Bob scalper and not a vendor like TM. Any thoughts? Nice to see two $350 tickets bought 2 days prior to Bono's surgery on the cork board in our laundry room.

My concern is I live in SC and now I'm sure u2 may have dates closer than Philly if they expand the 2011 make up leg. It was either Philly or Miami....

I got mine thru Stub Hub. Very expensive 1st row of the 2nd tier Edge's side. Am I to assume that I need not try to get a refund because I am totally boned or is there a chance? Obviously I purchased tickets from Joe Bob scalper and not a vendor like TM. Any thoughts? Nice to see two $350 tickets bought 2 days prior to Bono's surgery on the cork board in our laundry room.

My concern is I live in SC and now I'm sure u2 may have dates closer than Philly if they expand the 2011 make up leg. It was either Philly or Miami....

I purchased tickets from stubhub too and they will not give you a refund. They did say that I could try to re-sell the ticket on stubhub when the show was rescheduled if I couldn't make it. Good deal for them, I guess they would get another commission then :grumpy:

Thanks for the info paul. I need to do that with a couple of tickets.

Unfortunately the policy for many of these ticket resale sites seems to be no refund unless the date is cancelled rather than postponed.

If anyone was wondering Ticketmaster are refunding those who don't want to wait.

I sent them an email (by replying to the one they sent out to us notifying us of the cancellation) explaining that we did not want to wait until the new schedule is released cos we had tickets for 4 different shows in different parts of the country and did not know if we would be able to make any of them next year. It was a shame to lose those hard fought for GAs but we hadn't got them (they were on Will Call) and it just seemed too messy to wait any longer.

They wrote back saying they will refund all except their order processing fee once I sent through the name on the CC, the billing address, order references and last 4 digits of the CC.

That was yesterday. Today I got a reply confirming the refunds- so I thought I'd let everyone else know. I am impressed at how Live Nation/Ticketmaster are handling this.

That's very good information. Thanks for updating us.

i think it's best to wait til the schedule is released to decide whether to take a refund or not. depending on the dates, the tickets we have could be reused or traded on the forum for a show we want.

at the least, fanfire better let us use our unused code portions towards any new sales

I have a GA for Athens, but I've been planning to go since April. I'm cautiously excited right now. But even if the show doesn't go on, I'm still going to Athens for the weekend. :up:

Back
Top Bottom