Bono's Dancing Girls IV-Were you one of the chosen?Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching that video about 20 times this morning, I'm going to venture to say that Miroslava is having the "Best Year Ever":up:

Does anybody have any pics or stills from the video? I can't view the video on my work computer. *smacks it*

*Ally* said:
:hyper: congratulations, miroslava!!! after what happened in toronto, i think that you are officially having the "Best Week Ever"!!! :up: :heart:

What happened in Toronto?!?!?!?

OMG!! Miroslava! What happened and how did you get pulled up? I am so happy for you!!!! :applaud:

We saw you dancing miroslava..amazing job

nice work if you can get it though?

kellyahern said:
Congratulations Miroslava! :bow: :hyper:

(I know I said congrats in the other thread, but I wanted to say it here too :hug: ).

13.gif

Now where is Miroslava! We need the story, details!!! :hyper:

I need a picture or something! The suspense is driving me bonker...and causing me to say words like "bonkers". :der: :lol:

Thank you everyone!

Things have not fully computed yet, but the quick synopsis is here

Toronto 4: Bono saw a make poverty history sign that I had translated into spanish and shoved the microphone in my face and told me to say what I had written. I promptly said the wrong thing even though it was of course written properly. Was mortified all of Sunday and Monday.

Chicago 1
Went to the loading docks had my "Free Spanish Lessons & Mysterious Dances" sign attached to the fence even though I was embarrased after the Toronto screw up. Bono gets out of the car and goes straight for my sign and comments to John "Free Spanish Lessons!" and laughs. He then comes up to me and I very calmly say something like

"Well, I was the girl that said the phrase in Spanish at the last Toronto show, and guess what? You made me nervous so I said the wrong thing." [laughs] I am horrified"

He laughed some more and perhaps said something like "it's alright" but I cant vouch for that part.

I am number 72 in line and I beep in for the first time. Ended up front row in the elipse beween Bono and Adam.

Bono was not too interactive on Tuesday, but Adam was and he kept laughing at/with me. I kept making faces at him...

Then after ABOY ended I was looking at Adam and next thing I know B is almost in front of me and starts reading the sign. And there goes the mike to my face again
:(

It's a lil scary. Specially cause I already fucked up once. He thinks about what he wants me to say, and I translated (semi-ok). There was a better translation if I had thought of the Song the First Time, but I couldn't even hear him when he said it first/ Anyway, much better than Toronto...

http://tinypic.com/dxbqlk.jpg

So Wednesday. Line was a mess of epic proportions. I had resigned myself to a second row spot. Scanned my ticket, no go but by then the line had been fixed so still a chance for outer rail (#76). I leave my partner in crime behind assuming that there's no way in hell she's scanning so I started without her to save us both a spot. Then I hear people behind me scream my name. My partner scanned in! I ran back. Got yelled at, but bite me! We're IN!!!Told her to go ahead of time while I got the second band. Now we're just right off Bono's mike!

I do my celebratory dorky dance! I debate for the whole hour before Dashboard comes out as to whether I want to hang my sign. I didn't want to play it out and verge into annoying chick territory. I was given orders by others to shut the hell up and just hang it. Thought about it some more, and I did.

As I am standing there, I realize Adam is going to get another good show of Miroslava's Dorky Concert Shennanigans. So I make up my mind that I have to make a sign to show to him the first time I catch him staring at me like I am a zoo animal. Best thing I could come up under pressure?

"YES ADAM, I'M A LITTLE CRAZY"

Didn't take too long after the show started for me to have to whip out the sign. He read it and laughed. Afterwards it was giggle giggle for the 2 of us.

Bono came in our direction for BD so Kimla got to hold 3 fingers and I got 2! :p He was much more interactive but still not a lot of lovin...

I think it was after One, when the band was all on stage saying "goodbye" Adam took a step toward me and mouther "I'm a little mad too" and we both giggled!

:wink:

WOWY starts, B goes quite a few people to my left. Everyone is reaching out. I do for a teeny bit and then I give up. Adam is watching and I just shrug my shoulders and put my palms up to say "what are you gonna do?" and he laughed.

Right after WOWY, they had the pow wow and either added Fast Card or decided to just not go to break. Not sure of that. And you've seen the rest. Song started, I was doing some sort of flamenco clapping and next thing I know I see Bono coming and saying "come on" or something like that. I know it's me he's talking to, so I flip myself, and jumped on the barrier with my back to it. Security catches me and somehow they get me up stage. I could have done it myself, but I guess they were in a hurry. :wink:

And well, you've seen the rest. As to what I am saying? It is so incredibly corny I can't stand it... I cant hear all of it and I do not remember all but I say

"What do you want me to tell you love? That I adore you? I adore you and something something cheesy" and then I yelped for some reason.

I guess at the end he was asking for my name, but I could not hear worth a crap but in the scheme of things, it is better. He was not going to be able to hear it or say it and I would have ended up as Mary or something...

So I believe that's it. Thank you everyone for your kindness

:hug: :blush:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:

I think it was after One, when the band was all on stage saying "goodbye" Adam took a step toward me and mouther "I'm a little mad too" and we both giggled!

:wink:

WOWY starts, B goes quite a few people to my left. Everyone is reaching out. I do for a teeny bit and then I give up. Adam is watching and I just shrug my shoulders and put my palms up to say "what are you gonna do?" and he laughed.

:lol: Adam is cool :cute:

Can't wait to see the video when I get home :hyper:

Flamenco :cool: :bow:

OMG Miroslava, congrats!!! and that's also so cool that you were "talking" with Adam during the show! :up:

Like anyone else in here, it's my dream to be pulled up on stage...but if it was a song like that (as opposed to, say, With Or Without You) I don't know what I'd do! :huh: I'm NOT a dancer at all! :lol:

:drool: You are so lucky you got to chat with Adam!! I was there on 9/20 right on the outside of the ellipse and I heard you spesk into the mic. I really like the huge 'ADAM " sign on the third row too!

Thanks for sharing your story, Miroslava!
I :heart: it!!

And I'm following in Kelly and Lila's footsteps here by repeating myself from the setlist party thread:

Woohoo!!!
Awesome, amazing, great, etc!
That was the BOMB!!
And:

party037.gif

great story again (congrats!). But im beginning to think you plebans made a deal (or a threat :wink:) with bono.l girls that got pulled on stage are 0iher started out as plebans or became plebans afterwards....its starting to look like a gang LOL....Bono's own personal all girl gang :ohmy:

That is one of the greatest stories of all time. Everytime I watch the video (or even think about it) it puts the biggest smile on my face.

:applaud: :applaud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom