Bono's current look

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Kitten said:

:no: :no: :no:

That would make him look about 65 years old :slant: I'm not ready for that. :yikes: :scream: :sad:

I have to comment on this - I don't think he would look 65 at all, but remember he is a handsome 45 year old man - His hair looks so overdyed right now - - I was reading GQ today and a male model who was probably in his 30's with a full head of grey hair was featured - he looked hot - :drool:

I know a guy in his 30's with a Beatles mop top of fluffy gray hair, a cute, youthful face, and he's a doll. Unfortunately, Bono's face is no longer youthful, it has lines and shows its age. When you combine an ageing face with gray hair, especially very short gray hair, the person is going to take on the look of, well, an old man. I'll take Bono's current look as is :up:

Seabird said:
When you combine an ageing face with gray hair, especially very short gray hair, the person is going to take on the look of, well, an old man.

Is this a hit towards Adams current look, or...?! :confused:

Bono's look doesn't make him look old, at least I don't think. I just don't like it red. He looks mature but beautiful. Hey I aged too since they started. 44 is not old, it is just right. Just get rid of the red hair and go darker.

Though I loved the Elevation tour style and all of his alter egos, I'm happy to see Bono looking like his natural self for the first time in many years! It's kind of precious. :) Though who knows what will happen between now and the tour, because he looked completely different in eary 2000 than he did when actually promoting the album...And who wants to bet that the hair mysteriously increases in thickness over the next couple of months? Anybody? :wink:

On a related note, I went to a music festival last night and noticed several attractive, stylish young men wearing straw cowboy hats just like Bono's! And here I was thinking he was just trying to be weird or something...

Seabird said:
Unfortunately, Bono's face is no longer youthful, it has lines and shows its age. When you combine an ageing face with gray hair, especially very short gray hair, the person is going to take on the look of, well, an old man.

- BRUTAL - :eyebrow:

Bono has ALWAYS looked ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL to me!:wink:

I have followed U2 for over 23 years and Bono is as fascinating to me now as he has ever been.

Yes, he is a very handsome man with an endearing personality and a killer smile. :sexywink:

But it has always been Bono's Heart and Soul which SHINE SO BRIGHT and bring such Joy to the world that captivates me the most. :hug:

I think Bono looks just fine right now. HE LOOKS THE WAY THAT HE FEELS COMFORTABLE WITH and that is alright with me.

I accept and appreciate the B-man UNCONDITIONALLY, so I will always think he looks good. :combust:

Great discussion.

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

I just want him to lose the effing sunglasses. They were cool on The Fly, but they have become a redundant gimmick that gets him made fun of. Did you notice on Oprah how much thinner and younger his face looked once he took them off? They make his head look wider when he has them on, and they hide his eyes! For somebody who hates repeating himself, he's repeated the shades thing for 13 years now. Time to lose the shades and let the baby blues shine!

I like the hair and the jacket fine.

Last edited:
Wild Angel said:
I just want him to lose the effing sunglasses. They were cool on The Fly, but they have become a redundant gimmick that gets him made fun of. Did you notice on Oprah how much thinner and younger his face looked once he took them off? They make his head look wider when he has them on, and they hide his eyes! For somebody who hates repeating himself, he's repeated the shades thing for 13 years now. Time to lose the shades and let the baby blues shine!

I like the hair and the jacket fine.

Oh come on now, silly. He does't leave them on constantly...he takes them off during concert and whatnot. But that's Bono...he's the man in shades. That'd be like telling tell Edge to take off his little beanies. That's thier images.

I'm with WildAngel, the glasses need to go. They hide his eyes which are what make his face look so bright and alive. The almost-clear classes just make his eyes look shadowed and tired.

As for the hair, I'm OK with the color and length, but I wish he'd actually style it or do anything besides slicking it straight back. That style really does nothing for him ecept make his hair look thin and flat, which I don't think it is. If he's got some balding spots, he should just get over it. There's been a lot of comments about him not wanting to look old, etc, but nothing says "older man" like a comb over :|

I really like the shirt he had on in the auto-signing pic!

zsuzso, that 2nd pic happens to be a thing of beauty:drool: .But anyways, I think Bono is aging well and his face still looks hot. his hair just needs to be a bit darker.

in the end i really don't care because he's still gorgeous :combust:

It would be nice if his hair was in a more natural order, but so far as things go in general I don't care. However, when he reaches into his 50s, which are in some years, he should mellow in that arena of hair dying

I don't like the length at all. It looks like Bono is trying to have the same style as he did during the JT era (which I love), and its not working because he seems to be repeating himself. Also when he was on O'Reilly, his hair was curling at the ends.
I also prefer his hair to be darker, like during ZOO TV or Elevation. But the red hair is something different and it looks cool.

Last edited:
youtwohearts said:
He does have beautiful eyes that the shades do hide, I wouldn't mind them off for a bit.

U2LA1987-31bbs.jpg

I like the color and I like the length, but it looks like he's got to much hair stuff in it right now. I thought that made it look kind of greasy and nasty.

*ducks and runs out of thread*

zsuzso said:
:eek: :combust:
I wasn't prepared for that sudden Bono chest. Nice.

Adam looks super hot with the white hair and no glasses. I can't wait until promos start up and we see more of Adam again.

Well, U2Kitten, the youngsters simply don't know what a proper mullet looks like. They weren't even born yet when it was around. My husband used to have it... Back to the topic, I quite like his hair now, just because it's so much like his JT style.

Shorter - bring back the Electrical Storm/Beautiful day hairstyle - and darker hair will do the trick.

I'm not sure JT hair revisited is what would suit him - it is better than those Pennsilvania pics where he was going for a much lighter, almost blond-ish color.

I'd like to seem him try his natural color, like Adam or Edge or Larry. (see October cover pic) I don't care if he's gray or not.

Eirinn said:
Well, U2Kitten, the youngsters simply don't know what a proper mullet looks like. They weren't even born yet when it was around. My husband used to have it... Back to the topic, I quite like his hair now, just because it's so much like his JT style.

I think some people think of a mullet as anything that's long in the back, I've seen anything that's not all they way short get called 'mullet' and that's just not the case at all. Thanks u2granny for posting those sexy mullets! :love: :drool:

I blame the internet for the term 'mullet' and for making one damn sexy hairdo into a joke :grumpy: Mullets :up:

Last edited:
early mullet
33%3B7639523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2333%3D528%3D%3A5%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3A93%3B%3A%3B58ot1lsi

I live in Missouri - believe me when I say i know what a mullet looks like - the mullet in all its glory lives on :wink:

33%3B7639523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2333%3D528%3D%3A5%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3A93%3B%3C55%3Bot1lsi

I love the way Bono looks now - of course I pretty much love Bono at all periods of time so I'm probably not the most object person around

I would challenge your Missouri mullets with our Virginia mullets. Go to any county fair and you will see an abundance. They are usually waaaay long way down the back with shaved sides and spikes on top- which is not the kind I like :yikes:

But there is NO mullet in Bono's current look because it's basically all the same length, and even if someone has long or shoulder length hair with bangs or shorter layers on top for better style hold, I don't consider that 'mullet' at all. If it is a lot of women have them too.

Most of what unfortunately gets called 'mullet' these days is not the extreme mullet u2granny posted, but what we used to call the 'shag' in the 70's and 80's, just a longer version of layered haircut, very normal looking to me :shrug: (I consider the War look to be more of a shag than a mullet, the true mullet came in with UF!)

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:
I pretty much love Bono at all periods of time

Honestly - don't we all? :wink:

Sidenote: With all this talk about mullets - I've tried to look it up in my dictionary, but can't find it. Doesn't the word have another meaning? Or is 'a mullet' just the haircut? 'Cause we have words for mullets here, but... :reject:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom