Bono thinks Nickelback is as good as Radiohead, The Killers, & Coldplay...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hanson are kids... bashing a bunch of kids seems pretty mean for a big band like U2 to do.

Boyzone still makes me scratch my head but they are also Irishmen and U2 are very supportive of their countrymen. Bono isn't above being embarassed/ shamed into bashing something he loved... he loved the mullet but now in the present day, in many interivews, he bashes one of his favorite hairstyles.

:wink:

In the same interview he said Chris Nolan was deprived oxygen for 2 hours. Anyone deprived of oxygen for 2 hours is dead. He mis-spoke.

razorlight

i also think that bono was correcting himself and meant razorlight when he said nickelback....razorlight are hot right now like the killers and bono mentioned them too...seems more in line musically with the other bands he mentioned....i am new to this forum and i think that U2 fans are the best out there....can't wait for the album release!!

nothing wrong with nickelback...the best of a kind of sub genre that has emerged in the past 6 years....

Better than the Lifehouses and the Creeds of the world by far, awesome vocalist too.

Songs have a lot of emotion and soar, similar to u2 in a sense, and theyve got their own sound. A Band with integrity and stand out comapred with the crud that has been served out to us in the past 8 years.

Lyrically kind of dull, not worldshakers by any means, but not a bad band.....i think they are definately one of the best in the world at the moment, even though i don't have any of their albums.

who gives a shit?

probably was a mistake, but even if it wasn't, and he actually meant them, so what?
even if he liked a song or 2 of theirs, what's the difference? there's no musical link at all.

besides, just because bono liked or disliked something does that mean we're gonna change our minds?

*disclaimer: I am not defending nickelback. they suck*

MrBrau1 said:
In the same interview he said Chris Nolan was deprived oxygen for 2 hours. Anyone deprived of oxygen for 2 hours is dead. He mis-spoke.

Nonsense. He was deprived of oxygen in the womb which is the cause of many physical disabilities.

I would imagine it's a mistake...why would Nickelback come to mind in a list like that....have they even done anything lately? As far as I know, they're not at all popular outside North America. Razorlight, however, are all over the media and constantly talking about how they're the best band in the world, etc.

rjhbonovox said:
Bono then said he was Dyslexic, I think saying this means he said Nickelback by mistake.

dyslexia is a learning disablility which impairs the ability to read, not speak.

Bono likes Jayzee and Beyonce and Britney. At least Nickelback are a band. I'd rather listen to them any time than Coldplay, at least the singer is good looking and doesn't sing like a whiney 80 year old woman with hemorrhoids like fucking Chris Martin.(note: I am not a Nickleback fan and think all their stuff sounds alike, but I still prefer them to Coldplay.)

Also, no matter what you have to say about Bon Jovi, you have to admit they have hung around, like U2. They are the only other bands from the 80's except REM and solo artists Prince and Madonna who never faded away. You don't have to like them to give them credit for that, it's a fact, they have 20 year longevity, just like U2! (and they couldn't be all that unloved, they toured the same arenas U2 did in 2001!)

Last edited:
When I heard it, I definately took it as a joke.
But then again, who cares if he actually does likes them? ;)

bonosgirl84 said:

dyslexia is a learning disablility which impairs the ability to read, not speak.

Well, if Bono has a learning disability that impairs his speech, that would explain why he used "dyslexia" instead of the proper word. ;) :D

This thread is highly amusing...though I'm not sure if it's supposed to be. :up:

I know he was kidding :wink:

WHO THE HELL ARE NIGELBACK ???:madspit:

Radiohead is at least 100 times better :yes: :lol: :D :bow:

bono's a complete dipshit these days anyway. way too much alcohol over the years, i dunno what it is. he also said radiohead hasn't gone on a musical journey. if radiohead hasn't, then u2 MOST CERTAINLY hasn't either.

Last edited:
intedomine said:
nothing wrong with nickelback...the best of a kind of sub genre that has emerged in the past 6 years....

Better than the Lifehouses and the Creeds of the world by far, awesome vocalist too.

Songs have a lot of emotion and soar, similar to u2 in a sense, and theyve got their own sound. A Band with integrity and stand out comapred with the crud that has been served out to us in the past 8 years.

Lyrically kind of dull, not worldshakers by any means, but not a bad band.....i think they are definately one of the best in the world at the moment, even though i don't have any of their albums.

wow.

U2Kitten said:
I'd rather listen to them any time than Coldplay, at least the singer is good looking and doesn't sing like a whiney 80 year old woman with hemorrhoids like fucking Chris Martin.

your approach to music is most sensible.

Zoomerang96 said:
bono's a complete dipshit these days anyway. way too much alcohol over the years, i dunno what it is. he also said radiohead hasn't gone on a musical journey. if radiohead hasn't, then u2 MOST CERTAINLY hasn't either.

All i can say is go Bono go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yaaaaaaaaaaaay yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i don't like nickelback either... i just don't like radiohead. most over-rated band of the past 20 years, IMO.

funny, the same thing could be said about u2.

Zoomerang96 said:

funny, the same thing could be said about u2.

meh... you can say it if you'd like... but the stats don't lie. u2 have the commercial and critical success to back up their claim to be the best band in the world.

radiohead tries so hard to not look commercial that it's hurting their music and driving them into a corner where they have their hardcore fans and nothing more... pearl jam did the same thing in the 90s.

i say fuck it... just make the best damn song you can, and if it ends up on TRL :shrug: oh well... so be it.

Back
Top Bottom