Bono Shades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
brad_39 said:
The Live8 green color is actually the same color that appears black in Q magazine. It's a very dark picture and I put it in Photoshop and when its lightened, you can clearly see the glasses are the same green ones.

they look very dark, they seemed to me all black.

#5's

99 44/100 % sure they are the gloss version
i belive i read somewhere when they were making the video, the director said bono's glasses were really reflectivem so after editing, they toned them down
i own these and they are awesome
you can find em on ebay for 70.00

Since I'm from mexico and not all the models came to my country, I was wondering if someone anyone can send me the 9285 in Red (or is it pink?)if you send small package and describe as a gift there's no need to pay taxes

I know of course that this would be a very special favour to me is ther anyone who can help me out??

arturogas@yahoo.com.mx

Very Cool.........$140USD isn't too bad either......doesn't look like they actually have any in stock yet. Looks like the Live8 glasses are the 6LB/D6 model.

great. thanx 4 the good news. was lookin the site at the weekend, but the shades wasnt there yet. lets order some beautie :D

brad_39 said:
Very Cool.........$140USD isn't too bad either......doesn't look like they actually have any in stock yet. Looks like the Live8 glasses are the 6LB/D6 model.

I could be wrong, but the 6LB/D6 looks like the lighter ones he wore on the 60 Minutes interview. The Live 8 ones I thought were a little darker-sort of a two tone green and brown - similar to the 3YG/QO model on the site - however, those have what appear to be gold-ish colored arms whereas the Live 8's I thought had darker arms - maybe black in color. And then, it could be that they are not producing the exact Live 8 glasses -- Bono's I'm sure were custom made.

soundmercury said:

I could be wrong, but the 6LB/D6 looks like the lighter ones he wore on the 60 Minutes interview. The Live 8 ones I thought were a little darker-sort of a two tone green and brown - similar to the 3YG/QO model on the site - however, those have what appear to be gold-ish colored arms whereas the Live 8's I thought had darker arms - maybe black in color. And then, it could be that they are not producing the exact Live 8 glasses -- Bono's I'm sure were custom made.

They are.... but they are also the Live 8 ones. The one on the 60 Mins interview are ones he has worn out a few times, but those are not available on www.giarre.com, and may just not be available period.

the vertigo tour ones are 6LB/2S, i think.
i don't think the 6LB/D6 are the live8 ones, they were darker, but maybe is only a light effect.

its only because of the white background and the light. those are the green vertigo shades, iam sure.

I emailed giarre.com to see when they were going to have the EA9285's in stock......doesn't sound like good news.........the lady told me that there are already supply shortage issues and that you might be better off ordering them straight from the manufacturer.

brad_39 said:
I emailed giarre.com to see when they were going to have the EA9285's in stock......doesn't sound like good news.........the lady told me that there are already supply shortage issues and that you might be better off ordering them straight from the manufacturer.

Anybody have an idea HOW we could go about doing so?

i think you can't order directly from armani (not in italy), so is better to search on other sites or in the shops, if you want them soon.

The following is the response I received from giarre re: when the glasses would be available:

These frames are the very new 2006 model and we are able to order now, the
time line is 7 to 20 days as informed from the manufacture as they starting
now, you are able to placed the order online now, i hope this helps.

Looks like you can also order them from otticalook.com site for about $10 USD less than giarre.com. They said they will have their stock in by the end of this month.

I have always been satisfied with giarre.com and I ordered them from their website. I asked when they would be in, and the woman told me that the manufacturer said between 7-16 days. Not too bad.

In that link you have there he wears the live8 ones, ok? But the picture beside shows grey ones, I think 6LB/O0-shaded grey...and the green are 6LB/D6 and aren't on that page at all...that must be wrong or?
Can someone help me and tell me which he use and where...:bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom