Bono Shades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cnelson

The Fly
Hey guys,

Is there a place where I can get some of Bono's elevation bulvari shades? (I think that's how you spell it):ohmy:

Mostly Micrografx Picture Publisher 8 and Corel Draw 10... Maybe Photoshop a little.
The programming was maually.

Cool

Cool! It looks really good. That style, without the browser, might be the future of how webpages are going to react and look.:ohmy:

Just want to point that you will never find an *exact* replica of Bono's shades. Bono's version are trademarked and he is the only one with them. Bulgari made some other versions that look like them though.

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the info. I know I can't get the "exact". I guess that's the price you pay for not being Bono himself. They're actually not for me, they're for my lead singer.

u2julien said:
Just want to point that you will never find an *exact* replica of Bono's shades. Bono's version are trademarked and he is the only one with them. Bulgari made some other versions that look like them though.

You mean Bulgari trademarked shades just for Bono? Wow.

dizzy said:

You mean Bulgari trademarked shades just for Bono? Wow.

This is what I heard couple of months ago during a TV Special on U2 in Montreal. This may be wrong - who knows - but it makes sense. Now, see how good this move was for Bulgari... How many people are looking to buy Bulgari shades as beautiful as Bono's...

No no nooo nooo! Cos I get mine Bvlgari from B-Man, and the modell No. is 519 102/7C which is actually available for anyone.

The only thing which is custommade for Bono, is the silver clip, Bvlgari made him a big "B" letter instead of the originally a square shaped. Bot not on every shades has B-Man the big B. He had these on Time mag, at the Oprah show... Too much talkin...

Short BSDB (Bono Shades Data Base) for Shadecholics!

Bvlgari 519 102/7C - It's the recent blue wraparound
Bvlgari 519 102 - The transparent one
Bvlgari 519 101 - Not sure about the color number, but this is the one with dark brown lenses, and was used forexample in ES video

Bvlgari 611 102 - Blue, used during the Elevation Tour 1st and 2nd leg
Bvlgari 611 128 - Dark green, used in Elevation video

Romeo Gigli 191S 545 - Green, used in Walk On video, Clarence TOTP
Romeo Gigli 191S 286 - Blue, used at Grammy 2001
Romeo Gigli 191S 564 - Red, used at EMA 2000

Romeo Gigli 226S 2M4 - Green lenses, used during the Elevation Tour 3rd leg
Romeo Gigli 226S 2M1 - Blue lenses, used at World Economic Conf.
Romeo Gigli 226S 2M2 - Red lenses, used at VMA 2001
Romeo Gigli 226S 2M3 - Smoke lenses, used nowhere public, Bono wore during the making of ES video

Ext? eyewear EX07S 570 - not sure about that, but similar to the one which is on Elevation single cover

Diesel HEADSETNS - With custom orange lenses, wore at VH1 Beautiful Day video premiere

Black Flys No.5 - Black, used in Beautiful Day video

Marcolin - Black rim, blue lenses, custommade with the dragon pearl inlay, wore at EMA 1999

Alain Mikli's 3214 - Used during PopMart Tour in different colours (yellow, orange, smoke, red)

I wanted to add, that sometimes Bono used custom coloured shades from the list above. For example RG 226S with light smoke lenses, Bvlgari 611 with lilac lenses, and Black Flys No.5 with transparent rim.

Last edited:
Thats a nice compilation.

THe only ones I saw that were missing are the Blumarines.

He wears a black/grey tint pair on the cover of the Walk On single (no, these are not the Black Fly Handmade No 5s, trust me)

And he had a pair of clear Blumarines on when he first visited the WHite House in I think 2000..

Last edited:
I bought a pair of the the orange Mikli (Popmart) shades off of ebay. They're also the ones he wore in the LNOE video.

I look, um, pretty stupid, in them:|

I think i bought them in mid-Feb, and they took a while to come in. They seem a bit big on me. Now all I need is the faux muscleman shirt.:yes:

finally I got my FLY GOGGLES and a new pair of Bvlgari (519 - ruby)

Now I'll need an orange MIKLI :)

well I've just spotted some of model 611 102 on ebay for ?120 including postage, you guys reckon its worth it, are the size issues a problem, does it only suit bono?

If its still available U should get one. Those shades just fit on everybodys face :) no size problem! For me actually....

This is awesome! Thanks for all the info Mr_LeMon. I love those Black Flys from BD. Are these going to fit tight even though I don't have a big head? (that just doesn't sound right I know! :ohmy: )

Instant update

Bono is wearing a few new brabds recently

Dolce and Gabbana DD2138S G49 - light blue lenses, used during photo sessions like the on the famous Blender cover
Dolce and Gabbana DD2138S D23 - dark grey lenses, used at photo shoots and maybe in the Vertigo video
dd2138_col.jpg

Bvlgari 626 104/8A - rimless, green lenses, used when he kicked the Litter at Lillies :)
bulgari626_col.jpg

still unkown - transparent, rimless, used at the Kenedy conference and O'Reilly factor (dont like theese shades anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom