Bono responsible for leaked songs / Interference made the news - ALL DISCUSSION HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ohmy: Great promotion for our forum. Can't wait to see a rapid increase in new memberships.

But did I miss something? Why does the headline say Bono's BOOBS?

Heh, this is how I found out about it. I went looking for news on the war in the Middle East, human rights abuses in China, and poverty in Africa, and saw "Bono is a boob" instead. Y'know, I've got a sneaky suspicion the clips were leaked accidentally on purpose...

this is by far one of the best advertising campaigns for a new album that i've ever seen.

Wow, if ever we needed proof to be suspicious of what is written in newspapers... I can't believe many articles actually 'name' the songs leaked, while we have absolutely no proof that these are actually their titles. I still think 'Sexy Boots' could be pure fan imagination, and there is no reason to think it will be the first single, apart from the fact that Bono played it many times.

And No Line.. could still very well NOT be the title of the album. If anything this might prompt them to release the real title sooner than later.

And I don't see why any record company would be worried about these very poor recordings leaking... it's not threatening album sales in any way, quite the contrary.

All audio has been disabled on youtube. "This video contains an audio track that has not been authorized by all copyright holders. The audio has been disabled."

Please don't shoot the messenger.

Guess that means definitively that those other new album clips on youtube are fake then seeing as they've been left alone...

A popular Dutch news website (nu.nl | Het laatste nieuws lees je het eerst op NU.nl) also posted the news about the leaked songs.

(Dus LarryMullenFan, ook in Nederland zorg je voor nieuws!)

Nieuw werk U2 lekt uit op internet
Uitgegeven: 18 augustus 2008 11:45

AMSTERDAM - Vier nummers van het nieuwe album van de Ierse rockband U2 zijn uitgelekt op internet. Een voorbijganger nam ze op toen zanger Bono de volumeknop van zijn stereo wijd openzette.

Dat meldt de Britse boulevardkrant The Sun. De vier nummers zouden zijn opgenomen door een vakantieganger in Zuid-Frankrijk, die de stem van de zanger herkende. Bono draaide de muziek in zijn villa in Eze, aan de Cote d'Azur tussen Nice en Monaco.

De nummers zouden afkomstig zijn van het nieuwe album No Line On The Horizon, dat in het najaar moet verschijnen.

wtf...this is seriously unbelievable....it's only four or five stupid songs! They're just beach clips! And the songs aren't even in recorded in their entirety. Any relatively sane person wouldn't spend more than a few minutes with these clips because of how crappy the quality actually is...and this news is making headlines all over the world?????

damn...talk about being a big band...

this is pretty awesome for U2 though in terms of advertisement for the new album...I mean they haven't even begun promotion and they just got a huge jumpstart to the process...awesome :)

Ironically, McGuiness lashed out at music pirates at an industry conference in January. He slammed internet service providers, saying they had "enjoyed a bonanza" in the last few years by accepting fees from illegal downloaders while doing nothing to prevent them from stealing music.

He called on ISPs to disconnect users who have been caught obtaining music illegally.

"Their snouts have been at our trough feeding free for too long," said McGuinness

McGuiness has such a lovely way with words :insert piggy smiley here: :lol:

this is pretty awesome for U2 though in terms of advertisement for the new album...I mean they haven't even begun promotion and they just got a huge jumpstart to the process...awesome :)

LarryMullenFan is now part of U2's marketing machine :lol:

Sorry I can't be arsed to read this entire thread but to suggest that this is some part of some marketing strategy is nuts. In my opinion they are established and successful enough to play what they want on the terrace of their holiday villa in what is usually a pretty secluded corner of the Côte d'Azur. I'm sure they are aware that some people will hear it / record it but they would never not play their new work just to please the record company or interfere with some master marketing campaign. And as lots have said the quality it dreadful anyway.

I've a mate that has an apartment looking over HQ in Dublin and he says there have been many occasions when you could have recorded music coming from the building.

The tabloids did this the last time - they are clearly scrambling for a story.

wtf...this is seriously unbelievable....it's only four or five stupid songs! They're just beach clips! And the songs aren't even in recorded in their entirety. Any relatively sane person wouldn't spend more than a few minutes with these clips because of how crappy the quality actually is...and this news is making headlines all over the world?????

damn...talk about being a big band...

It's funny that this same exact thing happened just like this 4 years ago without a word from the media. Just goes to show how far news media has regressed just in 4 years time. This is hardly a news story, and they have obviously changed (or not bothered to find out) the facts. Anything that will get more clicks I suppose. I hope this is a wake up call to anyone reading this who believes everything they read from "news sources". This is actually pretty shameful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom