Bono interview in Australian Press - Danger Mouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I could be totally off my rocker :wink:

nothing about the chorus suggests SUC.. I'm only assuming that verse riff morphed into SUC's

We'll have some idea once we hear whether SOA is mixed and matched with DM sessions or not. U2 love to mix and match bits of their early songs with each other until the final product.

I could be totally off my rocker :wink:

nothing about the chorus suggests SUC.. I'm only assuming that verse riff morphed into SUC's

I can hear the Larry Stuff video riff in SUC now in the verses, but it's hard to hear what the instruments are playing in the HQ clip. But that's interesting. If indeed it turned into SUC, we can forget about hearing it in this form.

So it's pretty good, then? I've thought about getting it sometime.
Broken Bells is both a wonderful album and, if you're not familiar with any of Danger Mouse's other works, a great example of his unique production style. I'd wholeheartedly recommend it.

Broken Bells is both a wonderful album and, if you're not familiar with any of Danger Mouse's other works, a great example of his unique production style. I'd wholeheartedly recommend it.

Pretty good indeed. Certainly a unique sound. My favourite track is 'Your Head Is On Fire'

Cool; I'll put it on my Christmas wish list. Thanks!

Amen to that. Such a great album...

I have it - but the joy disappears after a few listens. The cheezy Steve-Miller-Fly-Like-An-Eagle blips and whistles are nice for about four listens - but they become a severe distraction over time. The albums already sounds dated.

The best U2 albums have layers - songs within songs. When I listen to Achtung Baby in a different car - the songs are different - they take on new life - I hear something new each time. That is why it is timeless.

Broken Bells is cute stuff that I can get my 11 year old to like (though she prefers Band of Horses). I actually DO NOT want this direction for U2 and I think it would lead to utter failure.

AEON, no one Is suggesting U2 should sound like BB, after all BB are clearly made up of the sounds of Mercer crossed with Danger Mouse, what we're saying is that it'll be cool to see what his production style does with U2.

I have it - but the joy disappears after a few listens. The cheezy Steve-Miller-Fly-Like-An-Eagle blips and whistles are nice for about four listens - but they become a severe distraction over time. The albums already sounds dated.

The best U2 albums have layers - songs within songs. When I listen to Achtung Baby in a different car - the songs are different - they take on new life - I hear something new each time. That is why it is timeless.

Broken Bells is cute stuff that I can get my 11 year old to like (though she prefers Band of Horses). I actually DO NOT want this direction for U2 and I think it would lead to utter failure.

I get where youre coming from. I wouldn't want that much either. but if you listen to the shins (mercer), this sounds a lot like them too, so it's not all danger mouse. i think the good, the bad and the queen is a good example of danger mouse's style without the things you complained about.

I love the song "your head is on fire" though.

something will happen. U2 will get close to the master stage, and realize they don't have a big hit,and Lillywhite will be brought back in ;)

can't see them really doing that again....

bit surprised we've heard nothing though. 6 days till tour starts up again and no press??

Monday or Tuesday U2 will be rolling into Auckland, and will probably do a little bit of rehearsing to get everything in order by Thursday. I imagine we'll find out something then. Either fans/press will interview them, or somebody might even record them playing news songs during rehearsals. Who knows? All I know is that we'll have some kind of info in the next few days.

Fans, if you meet U2 at any point during this NZ/AUS leg, ask the really hard hitting questions about the new album!

something will happen. U2 will get close to the master stage, and realize they don't have a big hit,and Lillywhite will be brought back in ;)
lol - I hope not.

If I recall, the Rolling Stone review of Joshua Tree mentioned that the album lacked clear radio hits - of course, we know what eventually happened.

U2 is best when they are leading, not following. At the time, With or Without You was unlike anything on the radio.

My plea for U2 - Focus on writing the music you want. More than likely, the hits will follow. If not, so what. Your place in history is already secure.

lol - I hope not.

If I recall, the Rolling Stone review of Joshua Tree mentioned that the album lacked clear radio hits - of course, we know what eventually happened.

U2 is best when they are leading, not following. At the time, With or Without You was unlike anything on the radio.

My plea for U2 - Focus on writing the music you want. More than likely, the hits will follow. If not, so what. Your place in history is already secure.

Well... lets hope they dont go out like Brett Favre... his place in history was definitely secure... apparently not!

lol - I hope not.

I agree, but wehn TJT came out, there were many more radio stations that played album cuts. So while WOWY was a big hit, some stations were already loving ISHFWILF and Streets. That just doesn't happen mch anymore. Now, my view of radio may be skewed, because I live in NYC, where we have one "modern" rock sation, and one "classic" rock station. That's it.

some unidentified jams are apparently coming out of Auckland rehearsals, according to some folks at the setlist forum..

QFT...he seemed more annoyed than anything...that snippet didn't say anything one way or the other...ambiguous at best...:hmm:

Yeah its quite obvious he was trying his best to be nice/friendly, he was hardly likely to give a news exclusive with his family on the street was he??!

Wouldn't that piss you off so much though - being followed down the street by some shite journalist asking questions like "what do people call you, The Edge or Mr The Edge..?" that he's probably heard a billion times before. Sigh, it must be a drag to be a celeb sometimes :wink:

Back
Top Bottom