Bono injured in cycling accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pic I posted is not relevant! Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Lucky he's still alive? C'mon, it was a bike accident. He f'ed his arm and shoulder up pretty bad sure, but just how fast do you think the man can pedal a bicycle that this "high speed collsion" could kill him?

Well to be fair bike accidents cause deaths all the time, and orbital fractures aren't anything to sneeze at. So let's drop both extreme reactions.

I think that was from when he filmed a video for U2.com shortly after his back injury.

I think your right, sorry folks it's an old pic...I was hopeful given he looked pretty good.

Well to be fair bike accidents cause deaths all the time, and orbital fractures aren't anything to sneeze at. So let's drop both extreme reactions.

Yeah usually when they also involve cars and trucks, not usually when cycling through the park.

I doubt we will be seeing any pictures of him for quite a while. I'm so glad he's going to be OK but man, i'll bet he is in a really bad mood. I hope the drugs are good, at the very least.

Yeah usually when they also involve cars and trucks, not usually when cycling through the park.

There are some very steep hills on the central park loop where speeds can get pretty fast.

If you were to take a tumble off your bike and land on your head, minus a helmet, it can certainly be life threatening... and yes, it's happened before.

That's why I'm sold that he was wearing a helmet. The force needed to shatter your shoulder, as opposed to simply dislocating it, is very high.

Pic surfaces of Bono post surgery:

35a.jpg

There are some very steep hills on the central park loop where speeds can get pretty fast.

If you were to take a tumble off your bike and land on your head, minus a helmet, it can certainly be life threatening... and yes, it's happened before.

That's why I'm sold that he was wearing a helmet. The force needed to shatter your shoulder, as opposed to simply dislocating it, is very high.

Alright, then I'll head over to the prayer circle.

There's a possibility he could have been hit by another cyclist. We only have details of his injuries but not how they happen.

Statistically this is incorrect, motor vehicles only account for about a third of bicycle deaths in the US.

Right, and statistically there are about 700-800 bicycle deaths in the US annually, so "statistically" the odds of Bono being killed on his Schwinn are not particularly high.

Damn, the injuries sound way worse than expected. Compact fractures, 5-hour surgery... jesus.

Get well soon B-man.

Unconfirmed accident picture floating on FB and Twitter, heartbreaking and disturbing.

Wow...some of these headlines..."U2's Bono fitted with metal plates, screws after bike accident" and "U2's Bono to require months of intensive and progressive therapy".

Brutal. Poor guy, this sucks.

Without sounding grim is there a link to the pic?

Without sounding grim is there a link to the pic?

To quote the man himself, "I take a look and I'm sorry I did." However it was on my Twitter feed and was just unavoidable. It just made me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom