Bono injured in cycling accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe the news today
Why can’t Bono park his bike
And make this go away
Broken promise laid at Fallon's feet
Bono sprawled across the New York street
But I won't believe Colbert’s jokes at all
When Bono has his back up
His back up against the wall
And the waiting's just begun
Remember when there were many tour dates lost,
but tell us he will sing again
The trench is dug within each fan’s hearts
Our thoughts about next summer’s arena gigs
Temporarily torn apart
And it's true we are immune
When a free album is expensive and CD not so cheap
And today the millions cry
Why give me the record I didn’t buy?
The real battle just begun
Will Jesus heal the singer’s bones
that he broke on that
Sunday Bloody Sunday

I can't even pretend to like this.

:sad::sad::sad:

Well, at least now I can stop saving up PTO for their concerts for a bit and take a day off work or something. :wink:

But really, hope he's healing up and will be back to the ol' music making, even if he is Bionic Bono now... :sad:

I wonder how much gray hair Guy Oseary has gained since becoming manager of this band. :crazy:

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

^ I think he regrets taking on this job now. Managing Madonna for decades hasn't put this amount of stress on him.

This whole incident has made me miss Paul McGuiness. Remember he was the first one to be at Bono's side and issue a statement when he had his back surgery in Germany and he was with Bono for days afterwards in France when he was out of hospital again. I don't see G. O. doing this. I wonder if Bono will be going back to Ireland once he's out of the hospital to have therapy. He'll surely have more privacy there.

Check out this nonsense someone tried to pass off as legit...
l]

Why post it if it's obviously fake? People post this made up shit for the attention, and that's exactly what you're giving them by spreading links, getting people to click on them adding views...

e2b6e02c-499f-4805-ae8a-4c0e68a7a198

^ I think he regrets taking on this job now. Managing Madonna for decades hasn't put this amount of stress on him.

This whole incident has made me miss Paul McGuiness. Remember he was the first one to be at Bono's side and issue a statement when he had his back surgery in Germany and he was with Bono for days afterwards in France when he was out of hospital again. I don't see G. O. doing this. I wonder if Bono will be going back to Ireland once he's out of the hospital to have therapy. He'll surely have more privacy there.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Sent from my ass crack

Quoting those posts makes the headache twice as bad.

I think U2's release/marketing strategy for Bono's injury has been pretty poor so far. Where's the hype? Also I have seen some hate on Twitter which obviously means this whole stunt isn't working.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Bono hurt worse than first reported; skull, arm fractured - LA Times
U2 frontman Bono was injured far worse than was first reported when he crashed his bike in New York's Central Park on Sunday.

What was first described by the band as a "spill" with surgery required is actually numerous severe fractures, one of which was a fracture on the left side of his face "involving the orbit of his eye," according to a statement to the Los Angeles Times from orthopedic trauma surgeon Dr. Dean Lorich.

In addition to his facial injury, Bono's left shoulder blade was fractured into three pieces, the statement said.

The 54-year-old suffered a compound fracture to the elbow where "the bone of the humerus was driven through his skin, and the bone was in six different pieces."

Bono's elbow was repaired with three metal plates and 18 screws, according to the release. The singer also suffered a broken finger on his left hand.

Bono is expected to make a full recovery, the doctor's statement said, but will require "intensive and progressive" physical therapy.

Hospital officials said it was unclear how long Bono would be hospitalized.

Multiple calls to Interscope Records and Bono’s manager for comment were not returned.

The band has yet to release a new statement addressing future plans.

Last night it occurred to me that the chorus of this song kind of describes Bono's current, heavily medicated situation:

Sleep like a baby tonight
In your dreams, everything is all right
Tomorrow dawns like someone else's suicide
But you're gonna sleep like a baby tonight

I'm sure he wishes this was all a nightmare he could wake up from.

Last night it occurred to me that the chorus of this song kind of describes Bono's current, heavily medicated situation:

Sleep like a baby tonight
In your dreams, everything is all right
Tomorrow dawns like someone else's suicide
But you're gonna sleep like a baby tonight

I'm sure he wishes this was all a nightmare he could wake up from.

giphy.gif

I doubt he regrets it, and we don't know if he's by Bono's side or not. He could be camped out at the hospital with him for all we know. And I'm sure he's dealt with plenty of stress from Madonna. After all, she's... Whatever she is.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Cyberdyne Systems B-2000 is closer to getting online and ready to get back to promo touring.

35a.jpg

Listen, and understand. The B-2000 will be out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until the tour is over.

I started writing this last week and find myself finishing it from a New York hospital where I’ve just had surgeries for getting smashed up in a bike accident. The quality of care is excellent … for a jumble of broken bones that are a long way from life-threatening. The contrast with images like the one above couldn’t be starker — or more jarring.

:applaud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom