Bono in Boston?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lynn said:

This radio station is awful WXLO out here in Worcester (NOT Boston). Here's the blurb about the "Celebrity Prom" on their website. It doesn't mention any specific imposters being booked.

http://www.wxlo.com/listingsEntryHeadline.asp?ID=193478&PT=

"DRESS AS YOUR FAVORITE CELEBRITY, AN 80'S ICON, FORMAL-WEAR, OR SIMPLY COME AS YOU ARE AND DANCE TO THE BEST VARIETY FROM THE 80'S, 90'S AND NOW!"

Well, it looks like this party will be filled with a bunch of fakes. How on earth will Pavel stand out in the crowd? This will be crushing for him.

:evil:

:lmao:

kafrun said:
This is the email response GG got from the guy she contacted. I found one bit particularily interesting:

"Subject: Re: picture of Bono on your website
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:16:00 -0800

this picture was taken while jimmy, me and Bono were performing on stage at the NAMM show for Electro-voice.

look up NAMM to see what it is all about.....

Bono and I and Jimmy represent Electrovoice along with other names in the business....

we all sign the same contracts together with out attorneys and the proper legal aids being present.

believe me Ingrid, it was Bono "

All I have to say is O Rly? :eyebrow:

does he have a copy of that contract signed by bono??? hmmmmmmmm maybe thats the golden ticket!

Allegra said:

"DRESS AS YOUR FAVORITE CELEBRITY, AN 80'S ICON, FORMAL-WEAR, OR SIMPLY COME AS YOU ARE AND DANCE TO THE BEST VARIETY FROM THE 80'S, 90'S AND NOW!"

Well, it looks like this party will be filled with a bunch of fakes. How on earth will Pavel stand out in the crowd? This will be crushing for him.

:evil:

:lmao:

we all should go, and dress up as bono! that would really piss "pavel-o" off indeed!!!!!!!

i think *I* look more like bono than pavel does... @ least ive got the schnoz!

test.jpg
[/IMG]

juggsalicious said:

No, no, no....y'all got this guy wrong.

I know Ty, this fake Bono that they're talking about there in Seattle. He's a very sweet guy. He doesn't pretend to be Bono 24/7. He does go out as Bono for a paid act only. He's married. He does have a day job, creating/building/designing video games at some tech job.

Trust me when I say he's nothing like Pavel.

So please don't put him in this same catagory.

Oh good, it wasn't Pavel. I can live with a Fake-But-Not-Pavel-Bono in my town.

PS: Your location always cracks me up when I read it. :lol:

corianderstem said:
Oh good, it wasn't Pavel. I can live with a Fake-But-Not-Pavel-Bono in my town.

PS: Your location always cracks me up when I read it. :lol:

You know, other folks were making up silly locals. My question to myself was, "How could I say I live in Texas without saying I live in Texas?" Then it popped into my head!

Glad you like it! :wink:

And yes, Ty is a sweetie pie! I first met him online in a Yahoo group called Bono_Lovers. It was just us women until one day this guy popped into the group. Then he told us he was a Bono Impersonator. He sent us some pics. :drool: And he would come on occasionally to ask us what Bono was wearing. Here's a couple of older pics.....

3c2e.jpg
fd04.jpg

410w.jpg
Little update, just got back from breakfast at the above Donna's Restaurant (as I mentioned before its 1/2 mile from my office, my boss has known Donna for years and we're semi-regulars).
We walked in, she greeted us and I said, "This is Mick Jagger and I'm Bob Dylan, we're here for breakfast"...she laughed.

She said she wouldn't know the real Bono if she met him, so she just went with the flow when people in the restaurant thought Pavel was Bono.

Apparently Pavel sent her a card apologizing, saying he wanted to be sure nobody was hurt by anything, and made a point of stating that he never told anyone he was Bono. (And I said that he never said he wasn't Bono though)

And on last side note, my boss asked...did he pay for breakfast? She replied with a short "No."

Wow, I'm shocked that he didn't pay for breakfast

I wonder if he would have sent that note if all of this didn't come out in the papers, etc. Did he apologize for talking about his work in Africa? For calling her gullible (not specifically but she did take a photo with him)?

Maybe the Red Sox could hire Pavel to sing Sweet Caroline at the home opener and sumo wrestle Daisuke during the 7th inning stretch :wink:

Last edited:
Hewson said:

Little update, just got back from breakfast at the above Donna's Restaurant (as I mentioned before its 1/2 mile from my office, my boss has known Donna for years and we're semi-regulars).
We walked in, she greeted us and I said, "This is Mick Jagger and I'm Bob Dylan, we're here for breakfast"...she laughed.

She said she wouldn't know the real Bono if she met him, so she just went with the flow when people in the restaurant thought Pavel was Bono.

Apparently Pavel sent her a card apologizing, saying he wanted to be sure nobody was hurt by anything, and made a point of stating that he never told anyone he was Bono. (And I said that he never said he wasn't Bono though)

And on last side note, my boss asked...did he pay for breakfast? She replied with a short "No."

What a tool! :tsk:

Hewson said:
410w.jpg

i guess pavel is going to have to update his website yet again to say that YES he indeed does accept free meals etc. he has always stated that he never lets anyone pay for a meal due to his bono appearance...

what a CHEAP CREEP.

to just friggin walk out w/o paying? come on now.........

gabrielvox said:

Really makes you wonder doesn't it? Look deeper...and at why Chicago is in the discussion in the first place....

pavel is NOT a native chicagoan. maybe chicagoans are coming out recently because we are sick of having pavel live in our town.

gabrielvox said:

Really makes you wonder doesn't it? Look deeper...and at why Chicago is in the discussion in the first place....

I think they're all here because Pavel lived here recently and they all got to know him rather well.

I don't think Chicago itself is a factor otherwise. :huh:

Ew ew ew. The real Bono is gorgeous and Pavel is some middle aged dude with a paunch and a double chin and no resemblance to The Real Thing WHATSOEVER!!! :angry:

Poor Bono... having such an impersanator who looks nothing like him.

Why do you all keep posting pictures of that guy? We all know he's fug and doesn't look like Bono. Please stop torturing us.

:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom