Bono in Africa....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
e edge said:

what a pity there aren't many more like him..... it would be so good to have sth like 1000 Bonos :heart:

:hug:

[in his best (non-exsisting) falsetto voice]The best we can do is to fake it....err...follow his example.
I'm sure I'll be involved in the same campaings and projects as Bono when I grow older, in one way or another.

:bump:

Hello girls... :wave:

I'm bumping this thread since I'd love to see some more pics of Bono in Africa - I found this thread, but unfortunately all Riderkas' pictures have gone red x! :(

If any of you have some pics from Bonos various trips to Africa (anything from Ethiopia '85 to the most recent ones), please post :bow: ...and please try and keep your posts in the 'same tone' as the previous posts!

Thanks in advance! :)

(And thanks to Stars for starting this thread in the first place :) )

I don't know what the problem is but I can't see any of riderka pics:sad: , usual red crosses!? But here's one I have...

ghbono.jpg

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:
I can't see riderka's pics either...
heh is that animated gif of Bono dancing already posted? if not, I am willing to :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It is on one of the first pages, but feel free to post it again - can't post that too few times! :laugh:

yeah I just noticed it's on page 2... but still here it is anywayss....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: shake that arse Bono!
*dies laughing*
and still he says he can't dance(I wonder if he knew it was taped)
is there a clip of the full 'performance' btw?? :lol: I wonder what they are dancing on, african music I think... but I also saw a short vid of him teaching the kids I still haven't found...
bonodancingwithafricankids5jc.gif

hcbiggs2002 said:
I don't know what the problem is but I can see any of riderka pics:sad: , usual red crosses!? But here's one I have...

ghbono.jpg

Thanks HC - it's such a :cute: picture!

If I remember correctly, its from 46664 in Cape Town - the day all the artists went to Robben Island where Nelson Mandela held a press conference... :bow:

The best part is that he actually DOES something about the poverty, unlike a lot of ppl who just shake their heads and say "oh thats too sad", and he actually gets positive results!!

Bono, YOU ARE A GIFT SENT TO THIS SINFUL EARTH. WE LOVE U SO MUCH....

Galeongirl said:
yeah I just noticed it's on page 2... but still here it is anywayss....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: shake that arse Bono!
*dies laughing*
and still he says he can't dance(I wonder if he knew it was taped)
is there a clip of the full 'performance' btw?? :lol: I wonder what they are dancing on, african music I think... but I also saw a short vid of him teaching the kids I still haven't found...
bonodancingwithafricankids5jc.gif

I like:drool: :drool: :drool: !

I LOVE that clip from the MTV: Diary. Honestly, as much as I hate MTV, the Bono/Chris Tucker episode of Diary was truly inspiring, even when you think you've seen and read everything there is to know about Bono. I don't have space on my comp. for downloading vids, but I keep that one and watch it from time to time.

Also, that little Dominique is adorable! Imagine leaving your home for another continent to dance and sing every night for a week straight...at age 4.

My favorite Bono in Africa pic is the Christianity Today magazine cover
ctbonocover.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for resurrecting this thread.

Some of my most favorite pictures of Bono are those he has taken with African people.

Gotta love Bono....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Merc said:
:bump:
I'm bumping this thread since I'd love to see some more pics of Bono in Africa - I found this thread, but unfortunately all Riderkas' pictures have gone red x! :(

If any of you have some pics from Bonos various trips to Africa (anything from Ethiopia '85 to the most recent ones), please post :bow: ...and please try and keep your posts in the 'same tone' as the previous posts!

Check these threads:

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137491&highlight=peacemaker

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108847&highlight=peacemaker

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85023&highlight=peacemaker

I think you’ll be able to see a lot of Bono's pictures from his trips to Africa there. :)

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I LOVE that clip from the MTV: Diary. Honestly, as much as I hate MTV, the Bono/Chris Tucker episode of Diary was truly inspiring, even when you think you've seen and read everything there is to know about Bono. I don't have space on my comp. for downloading vids, but I keep that one and watch it from time to time.

Also, that little Dominique is adorable! Imagine leaving your home for another continent to dance and sing every night for a week straight...at age 4.

My favorite Bono in Africa pic is the Christianity Today magazine cover
ctbonocover.jpg

is there a chance you can email me that clip? :wink: I've never seen it...

Jamila said:
Yea, stars, it's not enough for us to simply sit here looking at pics of Bono (although they are wonderful to look at - :wink: ) - we must take our Love and Respect for Bono and put it into PRODUCTIVE ACTION for Africa!

Bono would be SO GRATIFIED to know that we became ACTIVELY INVOLVED in helping Africa out of our Love and Respect for him. I think he would appreciate that more than almost anything else that we can do for him. :yes:

Next to his music and his family, the most important thing in the world to Bono is Africa's Future.

So, GET INVOLVED, everyone! At least make sure that you have signed the online petition for Africa at http://www.theonecampaign.org and check out our PLEBAns' thread on Africa for more excellent resources on Africa. :yes:

THE GOAL IS SOUL....:hug: :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Hi Jamila! THANK YOU SO, SO, SO, SO, SO MUCH FOR THIS LINK!!!!:hug: I just signed up. If I saw this before, I would've done it earlier, but thank you!!!! You must be part of the actual Make Poverty History List right, that was made more popular by Live 8? I am, and I think we should all take part for Africa, for Bono and for Humanity!!:heart::

You know, I have lived most of my life in Africa - Tanzania to be precise, before I came here to the US for higher education. Contrary to what is portrayed in the media, the cities are highly developed and as advanced as most western cities. It bugs me no end when people ask me stupid shit like "Do u wear clothes in Africa" or " Can you see lions walking around outside your door.." etc etc.

For Pete's sake. Whatever the media and Natl Geo channel show of Africa is just the wild parts of it, the national parks, the great diversity of wildlife, the native people, etc. It is actually quite developed. The only reason why it is poor is because of the corruption and the inequality of income distribution - the rich end up with all the wealth we get from exporting coffee, tea, etc while the poor suffer.

Thought I'd add my 2 cents to this bit :)

That's such an insulting insinuation, Babydoll and i for one am totally aware of how populated and cilvilised many parts of Africa are! :) :up:

U2Girl1978 said:
I would love to go on a trip to Africa and volunteer.

Would anyone have links to get me started?

There's a thread w/ some advice in FYM. Someone asked the same question recently. Good luck!

Babydoll said:
You know, I have lived most of my life in Africa - Tanzania to be precise, before I came here to the US for higher education.

Babydoll, we have to talk. I spent a month in Tanzania and LOVED every second of it (despite the fact I got sick the first day, was sick for 2.5 weeks and lost 12 pounds in that time). I would love to go back.

Back
Top Bottom