Bono compares Larry Mullen Jr. to Lionel Messi, himself to Tevez.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dfit00

War Child
U2's 360 tour is currently plopped down in Argentina for three shows at the Estadio Unico de La Plata with opening act Muse. During the first show of the series on Wednesday night, Bono further endeared himself to the adoring Argentine crowd that paid to see him by tailoring his band member introductions (1:35 into the video) to their shared interest -- the Argentine national team.

First, Bono introduced drummer Larry Mullen Jr. as "the youngest member of U2 [he's 49], with the feet of a ballet dancer and a truly great dribbler. Our very own La Pulga [Lionel Messi]..." They also have the same initials! So there's that.

Next up, bass player Adam Clayton -- "the man who likes to score three at a time, the handsome, the suave, the El Pipita of U2 [Gonzalo Higuain]." Hmm, OK, both are constantly overlooked. I'll go with that one.

Then comes The Edge. "He's like God, he's omnipresent, he's everywhere at the same time, always in the right place, the Pupi Zanetti of the band!" Nope. Zanetti has a perfectly maintained head of hair. The Edge does not. Can't accept this one.

And finally, Bono himself. "I'm not sure I could fill this man's shoes," he begins. "But if I could fill his shoes, I would be him. Carlitos Apache Bono [Carlos Tevez]!" That...that I can see...

portrait-bono2.jpg

This wasn't the first time Bono did the band members as national team players routine, though. He did the same thing in Sevilla with the Spanish squad where he concluded that he was Sergio Ramos.

Bono compares Larry Mullen Jr. to Messi, himself to Tevez - Dirty Tackle - World Soccer�Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Thought he was a football fan? doesnt he support Celtic?

Yeah and he's been spotted several times watching this and last world cup in public. And let's not forget the Slane Castle dvd. I'm still bitter about that one. :angry: How on earth did we lose to the Irish?

If it's Sunday it must be Belgium. Bono just changes the names for the country. In Australia he was talking about Warnie, bleurgh...

Back
Top Bottom