Blasts Hit London Bus And Underground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pax said:
I'm having a hard time being here at work. I keep thinking of all the folks getting bad news today, all the people across the UK being frightened and upset, most especially the people in London and around the G8 summit...I'm praying that God gives them comfort and strength today. :(

Same here. To say that my day is unproductive is a bit of an understatement.
:(

Note to ppl, created a seperate thread for any updates on the thing, probably for the best to seperate the thread which as more information has come to light and people know what has happened a little better has changed direction.

It was bad enough to hear about September 11 here when it happened, and now to see an attack from the opposite point of view makes me really sad. Living here in Chicago and having made friends in person who are literally from all over the world really changes how one views world events. Just so sad. :(

sallycinnamon78 said:

No problem - I'm probably just being too defensive.

Seeing all this stuff happening must bring back memories for you, particularly with you being a New Yorker. :( I really feel for you guys. :hug:

Indeed, I was 3 blocks from the World Trade Center on 9/11. :(

Any of these attacks brings me a lot of bad memories but, most importantly, a great sense of frustration and impotence :mad:

I just can't believe it. I just can't. :(

Obviously I feel a lot closer to the UK now than I ever did before, and I'm just...gah, I'm seriously just heartbroken. I feel terribly.

Hey everyone - we're all fine. Thanks for your concern. As Melon said, the attacks happened at around nine... I'm never alive at that time of day, not during a holiday, anyway.

Its really so strange - weren't so many Londoners celebrating yesterday? I feel it has been a tragic day and that we won't really appreciate the scale of it until the end of the day, but I do think it could have been a lot worse. I do believe many of us have already, unfortunately, envisioned such an attack. It was a case of when, not if. Now that its happened I'm just grateful that it doesn't appear to be as terrible as it could have been.

I mourn the loss of life and hope everyone is safe.

Ant.

Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves:
Britons never will be slaves.

The nations not so blest as thee,
Shall in their turns to tyrants fall;
While thou shalt flourish great and free,
The dread and envy of them all.

Thee haughty tyrants ne’er shall tame,
All their attempts to bend thee down
Will but arouse thy generous flame;
But work their woe, and thy renown.

~ From an Australian too the country of my birth sympathy and confidence in your strength.

I just woke up...on holidays....and i see this on TV :ohmy:
I'm really sad...and my sympathies go out to all our London friends:( ..this is just terrible, and i really can't believe its happening...what a sad day :sad:

Hello everyone, I just logged on and been reading (and heard on the radio) about what has transpired in London this morning. To all you U2 fans in Europe and in that area my prayers are with you. I hope all your friends and family are safe from this tragedy.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of our London friends, and those who have loved ones in the area. And heck, thoughts and prayers to everyone, really.

What an awful shock.

so sad!

Those Fucking bastards! arghhh. They don't care! What the hell?!

I have so many family members and great friends from the tour in london.

My mum is calling right now. OMG!!

Hope and love are sent out to all Londoners.

:(

From Sky News:

The first blast hit a train leaving Liverpool Street Station between Moorgate and Aldgate East at 8.51am. Seven people are confirmed dead in that blast.

At 8.56am a blast occured on a train between King's Cross and Russell Square killing 21 people.

Five people were killed in a blast at Edgware Road Tube station. Three trains are believed to have been hit by this explosion at 9.17am.

At 9.47am a number 30 bus at Upper Woburn Place was hit by a fourth blast. Emergency services could not confirm the number of dead in this attack.

phanan said:

Same here. People are acting like it is a normal day where I am. Kind of sad if you ask me.

:|

I know, my boss came and ask me for something and all I can do is read the newspapers...

Australian Foreign Affairs helpline for relatives has changed. Now call 1800 00 22 14. The Scotland Yard hotline for people within Britain: 0870 1566 344.

This is just despicable. I have many loved ones in London all appear to be ok, but I fear the death toll will rise from the current 33. The government and the BBC are clearly controlling information to try to avoid panic, the BBC web site is still claiming only 2 dead. A dreadful day for London and the world. I just hope there is no backlasch against the Muslim/Asian community in the wake of this. That would be very very sad.

I had an e-mail from a friend of mine from high school who's working in London; she's okay, and all her friends and co-workers are, too.

Ronan2standstil said:
This is just despicable. I have many loved ones in London all appear to be ok, but I fear the death toll will rise from the current 33. The government and the BBC are clearly controlling information to try to avoid panic, the BBC web site is still claiming only 2 dead. A dreadful day for London and the world. I just hope there is no backlasch against the Muslim/Asian community in the wake of this. That would be very very sad.

33 indeed. More governmental horseshit. I was told by one of the case investigators, who has been on the scene all day, that the death toll BEFORE MIDDAY was much higher than the BBC claim now, at 5pm-ish. There were more than 33 people on that bus for Christ's sake. Not to mention the '21' (yeah, right) dead at Kings Cross, 7 at Edgware, etc. They're still claiming that 2 people are dead at Aldgate. Well, that's bloody odd, considering that over 20 bodies had been removed by 10.30 this morning, according to a top civil servant who was there throughout.

I know I keep bleating the same thing but, Jesus Christ on a friggin' unicycle - the authorities are talking utter garbage.

A_Wanderer said:

I do not think that it is representative of Islam as a whole and I hope that the actions of these types do not attract violence against innocent Muslims over it. These monsters for want of a better word are uncompromising, if you do not follow their ideology then you are an unbeliever, simple as that, even if you are a moderate Muslim in their view you are not a true Muslim.

Couldn't agree more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom