Blasts Hit London Bus And Underground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2bonogirl said:

I did and couldnt understand why :reject:
Ive got no ties there, but I still felt for all the families who are waiting to hear if their loved ones are okay

I don't have any ties over there either and I didn't have any ties with what happened in NYC. These people didn't deserve to die this way. One minute they are happy and then this happens. That's why I feel like crying. It's sad that these cowards need to take their happiness away just to fulfill their destiny.

u2bonogirl said:

I did and couldnt understand why :reject:
Ive got no ties there, but I still felt for all the families who are waiting to hear if their loved ones are okay

I did too...I don't know why...it just reminds me so much of 9/11...I knew someone that died then (granted only knew them casually, but still)...it just pisses me off, and it scares me. I have a sick feeling they will strike again soon in other countries seen to be in alliance with the US.

I hope the death toll doesn't rise anymore, and I'm keeping you Londoners in my thoughts...

My sympathies go out to everyone in London and your country as a whole. Unfortunately this kind of thing is becoming more commonplace and it seems the bad guys are determined to bring it to the UK and US as well. When will they realize, it only strengthens our resolve and determination?

U2Girl1978 said:

I don't have any ties over there either and I didn't have any ties with what happened in NYC. These people didn't deserve to die this way. One minute they are happy and then this happens. That's why I feel like crying. It's sad that these cowards need to take their happiness away just to fulfill their destiny.

You know, I didnt cry when 911 happened. I was so in shock looking at it on TV and seeing the towers that I couldnt cry. This is purely a thought to me, and Im imagining what people are going through.
Thats what makes me cry
Bastards. I was wondering how long we could go before they hatched another plot

When 9/11 happened, I was in shock also. And then when I was listening to the radio with people calling in and doing dedications I cried.

It's such a scary world we live in but we can't let these psychos win no matter what.

I don't have any ties to London except that I visited it once and I love the city. I was also at King's Cross which was one of the stations hit. Obviously I'd be upset if it were any other city or nation, but maybe that's why I'm taking this even harder than I normally would. :sad:

This is bringing back so many memories of 9/11 for me. :sad:

Yesterday, London was filled with so much joy over being picked to host the 2012 Olympics. The joy was positively infectious.

Then I woke up this morning, turned on the news, and learned of this horrible tragedy. I can't even fathom the grief my UK Interferencers are feeling. But I do want all of you to know, you are in my thoughts and prayers. :sad: :hug:

Terrorism sucks.

daygloeyes2 said:
I don't have any ties to London except that I visited it once and I love the city. I was also at King's Cross which was one of the stations hit. Obviously I'd be upset if it were any other city or nation, but maybe that's why I'm taking this even harder than I normally would. :sad:

I know what you mean
when I lived in England we went to london every now and then and always went through kings cross.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Just spoke to my ex-wife and she was there at the exact place the explosion went off only 30 minutes before. She's a little shaken and doesn't think she'll be able to get home tonight, due to transportation.

Thoughts and prayers for those in London.

Wow. This happened to me in Paris years ago. A store I had been shopping in blew up later in the day.

:hug: BVS :hug:

I've visited London. It's a great city and what happened today was a massive crime against humanity. I'm sorry for all of the lives that have been lost today. Condolences to their families and friends.

interesting british reactions i've found on some blogs:

"Londoners (Brits) will fight back. That is obvious. Always have always will. One thing I've got to disagree with you on is that there will be a push for policy change but not for the reason Galloway and others suggest. Brits will demand that we hand over the calm south to Iraqis and move troops (in particular SAS) to Afghanistan. There are some people in the mountains that we need to settle a score with."

"I have a prediction to make, that tomorrow we'll find out whether Britons are, still, in fact, Britons. Many years ago I was working in The City and there were two events that made travel into work almost impossible. The first was a series of storms that brought down power lines, blocked train routes and so on. Not surprisingly, the place was empty the next day. Why bother to struggle through?
The other event was an IRA bomb which caused massive damage and loss of life. Trains were disrupted, travel to work the next day was horribly difficult and yet there were more people at work than on a normal day. There was no co-ordination to this, no instructions went out, but it appeared that people were crawling off their sick beds in order to be there at work the next day, thrusting their mewling and pewling infants into the arms of anyone at all so that they could be there.

Yes, we'll take an excuse for a day off, throw a sickie. But you threaten us, try to kill us? Kill and injure some of us?

Fuck you, sunshine.

We'll not be having that.

No grand demonstrations, few warlike chants, a desire for revenge, of course, but the reaction of the average man and woman in the street? Yes, you’ve tried it now bugger off. We’re not scared, no, you won’t change us. Even if we are scared, you can still bugger off."

"Went to the pub at lunchtime to see the latest new on events in London. Three young guys were sitting directly in front of the TV as details of a major terrorist attack on London were emerging – all three avidly reading the Sun's account of the Steven Gerard/Liverpool fiasco."

"14:05 - I tell you what, if this is an "Islamic" terrorist attack, they're doing a piss-poor job. The pubs are all packed out, people sipping their pints happily, all a tad pissed off, but basically fine with it. Nice one, Al Quaeda - you profess to be from a teetotal religion, and you've given the pub trade a massive mid-week boost."

u2bonogirl said:
thats a badass blog irvine.
Im glad theyre not feeling beaten down but just the opposite
I guess a big FUCK YOU isnt what the terrorists expect :yes:

well, they're collected from all over, but i did like them.

not to be too crass, but these people must really have a death wish if they're going to be picking fights with the Brits and the Yanks.

Irvine511 said:

not to be too crass, but these people must really have a death wish if they're going to be picking fights with the Brits and the Yanks.

damn straight! it's not even my country but my patriotism levels are dangerously high today:madspit:

Irvine511 said:

No kidding.
We're not the kind of people to just get pushed around. We hit back.

May God keep all the British people in good graces through these tough times. we are praying for you all here in America and we wish the best for those families affected by these sickenening acts.-
"Walk On" Britain.

just one thing i've got to say as a muslim in the west, anyone who puts Islam infront of these fucking attacks pisses me off because whoever did these fucking coward attacks are not MUSLIMS! not in my heart or the heart of the rest of the muslim community at large!!

fuck the subway bombers

we don't need no fucking violence

"How long... how long must we sing this song..."

:sad:

@-,'--,'---

http://www.yusufislam.org.uk/londonattacks.shtml

Yusuf Islam's Reaction
to London Attacks

7th July 2005

I am horrified at the nightmarish acts of carnage we have just seen inflicted on London and its people in what authorities are describing as co-ordinated terror attacks. What on earth these murderers think they can gain by blowing up innocent men, women and children is impossible to imagine. No doubt the fatalities will include people of all religions and races without discrimination. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to all those who have suffered loss or injury.

After such devastating barbarity the most important thing now is vigilance and clear thinking. All right minded members of society should realise this is an act of vile madness and should not respond to it in a reflex action. It is possible that the perpetrators may have links to Al-Qaida and carry foreign or Arabic sounding names, but may I remind the press and all people with a voice, that such a discovery would not make all the rest of British Muslim citizens and workers, who are unanimously opposed to such extreme ideologists, brandable or guilty.

The present state of the world would move that much closer to bedlam if everybody loses balance at times like these. No. But it must be the job of the police and authorities to identify clearly the guilty parties associated with these attacks and deal with them as swiftly as possible. We all want to know who they are.

bcrt2000 said:
just one thing i've got to say as a muslim in the west, anyone who puts Islam infront of these fucking attacks pisses me off because whoever did these fucking coward attacks are not MUSLIMS! not in my heart or the heart of the rest of the muslim community at large!!

fuck the subway bombers

we don't need no fucking violence

"How long... how long must we sing this song..."

:sad:

yeah...one of my closest friends is a Muslim from Bangladesh, and I just remember how shaken and upset she was after 9/11...I read somewhere that more than a struggle between Muslims and the West, there's really a power struggle going on between a majority of Muslims who want peace and reform, and a faction of Islamic fundamentalists.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom