Black Eyed Peas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I endured Fun Lovin' Criminals in 1997.

You might say, "Who????"

To which I would respond, "EXACTLY."

From the videos BEP do seem to have the best crowd response for an opening act this leg. Their songs are probably more well known by a larger section of the audience than songs by Muse and Snow Patrol. :shrug:

Kanye was great! I've had to sit through multiple nights of PJ Harvey and Kings of Leon (before they got good) and Damian Marley. I'll take a fun set of BEP over them 7 days a week and twice on sundays. No Doubt was my fave, having seen them like 6 times. Oh, and Pearl Jam of course.

more forgettables - Smashmouth. Keane. Oasis.

wish I'd been more sober: Public Enemy

From the videos BEP do seem to have the best crowd response for an opening act this leg. Their songs are probably more well known by a larger section of the audience than songs by Muse and Snow Patrol. :shrug:

lol I can't even name one BEP song. I know there's a woman with a horrible voice (to my ears) and that's all I (want to) know. hahaa :shrug:

Pearl Jam bores me to tears. I recognize Eddie Vedder's talent, but the music in general is just ho-hum for me.

Heh.

Personally I think Eddie Vedder is talented in the songwriting department, but live he sounds like he's really drunk.

The success of an opener can easily be judged by crowd reaction. Muse fans were reportedly annoying and some even left before U2. BEP got the entire stadium energized in Norman Oklahoma. Everyone's going to have their opinion on who they like better, but after reading the reviews it looks to me like BEP have Muse beat by a mile.

Back
Top Bottom